Tankspot? Any resource for classic tanks now?

Our guild's rogues are having fun on revived shadowpanther.com.

Anything for us? Guys, I would appreciate any help.

/bow

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Well, Icy Veins has a separate section for Classic now. Might want to check that out.

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow-classic/

Looks like the info for each of the classes is refined down to roles.

All the guides from 15 years ago are still valid. Just search.

/bump.

Guys, seriously. Icy-veins is hidden like google.com.

If you don't know what is tankspot (or think that shadowpanther.net is like icy-veins), you never played vanilla.

So, guys, who have 10+ years of tanking in raids, and exp in vanilla - how you refresh your memories?

Icy veins is shit. they copy pasta for all the clases
    It even has tips for alliance shamans...

10+ Year Old Account
    Sunder Armor a bunch.

Congrats, you're a pro classic prot warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Sunder Armor a bunch.

Congrats, you're a pro classic prot warrior.
    Witty. Still harder to hold aggro than even skittish on retail, even when marking targets and spreading threat around as necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, first of all, as a Warrior, you only generate 30-45% bonus threat from Defensive Stance. BUT you lose 10% damage from Defensive Stance, so that brings you on down to the lowest baseline threat generation of the 3 tanks.

So, if a DPS is doing 30% more damage then you, you'll automatically start losing out on threat (It's why Salv is so popular for PvE, because it's basically 30% damage or more for pretty much ALL DPS).

Secondly, Warriors have very, VERY pitiful multi-target threat. Cleave is the ONLY AoE damage ability that Warriors can use in Defensive stance, but it merely does weapon damage plus a bit of damage that scales lightly with AP - Not very conducive to threat generation, especially when it replaces the strong, single-target threat generating ability, Heroic Strike. All the other multi-target abilities - WW, Thunder Clap, ect - Aren't useable in Defensive Stance

However, of the 3 tanks, Warriors have, by far, the best single-target threat generation, with Sunder Armor, Shield Slam/MS, and Heroic Strike allowing Warriors to quickly dump rage into threat.

Paladins actually have very solid AoE threat. However, they can't maintain their high threat generation long enough to really matter for single target. Their single-target mitigation is lacking compared to Warriors as well, but they have very good mitigation against multiple targets.

Druids are really the ones that are most well-rounded - Higher multi-target threat generation then Warriors. Higher single-target threat generation then Paladins. When geared, they have superior mitigation in the form of, well, 75% (Or close to it) damage mitigation from Armor. Druids GREATLY depend on gear to preform though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHorner View Post
    Icy veins is shit. they copy pasta for all the clases
    It even has tips for alliance shamans...
    Agree, mate. That's why I said - if someone thinks that Icy veins are same like tankspot or shadowpanther (rogue classic resource, fortunately came back to life), then that someone is newbie.

Of course, I am still have my old wow favorites and most of them are dead.

I just want to find some new source of proven and pure data. Not just "ranged aggro is 131% and melee is 111"

I don't have a great resource except for my guildies. I was however recommended a 0,31,20 talent build that has worked great in MC and onyxia. And I just DW in dungeons like scholo and strat etc. This makes rage generation and thereby threat generation rather easy. Even in AoE scenarios. This is however in basically full pre-raid BiS gear. And tanking without a shield in your levelling gear may get the healer rather mad.
    P.S Don't undervalue demo-shout even with the nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazlord View Post
    I miss tankspot
    Lore (now working for Blizzard) was part of that demise.

Generally, each 1 point of damage is equal to 1 point of threat.

X 1 modifier

However, there are many abilities that have different modifiers or fixed threat

Classes may have different threat modifiers:

Warriors (0.8X – 1.3X)

Rogues (0.8X)

Druids (0.8X – 1.3X)

Threat generated by damage:

• Misses/Resists don’t add threat
    • Crits do not add bonus threat

1 Damage = 1 Threat unless different modifier

Heroic Strike, rank 8 in Battle Stance hits for 150 (150 + 185 [static HS]) X Battle Stance modifier (0.8) = 268 threat

Heroic Strike, rank 8 in Defensive Stance hits for 150 (150 + 185) X Defensive Stance modifier (1.3) = 435.5 threat

1 for 1 example for DPS – 438 Frost bolt Damage – 483 threat

Healing generates half threat

Example: a heal for 100 will only generate 50 threat

Healing threat is evenly distributed among the mobs

Example when fighting 3 mobs:
    Heal is for 600 (600 x 0.5) = 300 threat. 300 threat/3 mobs = 100 threat to each mob

This is why healers need to give the tank time!

Over healing does not produce threat
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

The discussion of threat so far has only counted base threat from damage dealt, not the additional threat attached to each ability

These values are before the defensive stance and defiance increase

• Revenge: 315 + threat from damage + 25 threat on stun proc
    • Sunder Armor: 261
    • Shield Slam: 250 + threat from damage
    • Shield Bash: 180 + threat from damage
    • Heroic Strike: 145 + threat from damage
    • Thunder Clap: 130 per mob hit + threat from damage
    • Disarm: 104
    • Battle Shout: 55 per player receiving buff
    • Demoralizing Shout: 43 per mob receiving debuff

Few personal tips;

Healing generates threat. When performing a ranged pull, whether you're LoS pulling or just shooting from range - shoot, bloodrage and immediately bandage; the threat from healing yourself is fairly significant. Carrying a stack of cheap potions for some oh-shit snap threat moments can be handy.

Berserker Rage quite dramatically increases threat generated from damage taken, using it at the start of a pull or in low rage situations can be very advantageous.

Pulling from 0 rage - Berserker Rage, Charge, Bloodrage for maximum rage gen

Code:
    #showtooltip Berserker Rage
    /cast [nostance:3] Berserker Stance; Berserker Rage

#showtooltip Charge
    /cast [nostance:1] Battle Stance; Charge

#showtooltip Bloodrage
    /cast [nostance:2] Defensive Stance; Bloodrage
    Last edited by Warheart; 2019-10-24 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warheart View Post
    The discussion of threat so far has only counted base threat from damage dealt, not the additional threat attached to each ability

These values are before the defensive stance and defiance increase

• Revenge: 315 + threat from damage + 25 threat on stun proc
    • Sunder Armor: 261
    • Shield Slam: 250 + threat from damage
    • Shield Bash: 180 + threat from damage
    • Heroic Strike: 145 + threat from damage
    • Thunder Clap: 130 per mob hit + threat from damage
    • Disarm: 104
    • Battle Shout: 55 per player receiving buff
    • Demoralizing Shout: 43 per mob receiving debuff

Few personal tips;

Healing generates threat. When performing a ranged pull, whether you're LoS pulling or just shooting from range - shoot, bloodrage and immediately bandage; the threat from healing yourself is fairly significant. Carrying a stack of cheap potions for some oh-shit snap threat moments can be handy.

Berserker Rage quite dramatically increases threat generated from damage taken, using it at the start of a pull or in low rage situations can be very advantageous.

Pulling from 0 rage - Berserker Rage, Charge, Bloodrage for maximum rage gen

Code:
    #showtooltip Berserker Rage
    /cast [nostance:3] Berserker Stance; Berserker Rage

#showtooltip Charge
    /cast [nostance:1] Battle Stance; Charge

#showtooltip Bloodrage
    /cast [nostance:2] Defensive Stance; Bloodrage

I've found an "emergency threat" button has served me well as a bit of a crutch.

Code:
    /castsequence reset=5 Berserker Stance, Berserker Rage, Defensive Stance, Blood Rage, Blood Rage
    I basically set it up as a "mashable" key. The 2x Blood Rage on the end means it "fails safe", you can spam the key whenever Beserker Rage is off cooldown and it'll switch over, pop it, switch back and (if available) give Blood Rage too, if you press it too much you get some "that ability is not ready yet" spam but are safely back in Defensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.