7+ Year Old Account

How many days should realistically be needed to raid in Classic

I'm thinking of raiding in classic along side raiding in retail, but i'm not sure how many days I should be looking to raid for. I'd personally like to do 1-2 days since I also raid 2 days a week in retail, but i'm seeing so many guild advertisements that are 3-5 days. Do you really need that many days to raid in classic?

I wouldn't have thought so, but I never played vanilla, so I don't know how long it takes or if you keep doing the previous tiers along side the current tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Strikeywikey View Post
    I'm thinking of raiding in classic along side raiding in retail, but i'm not sure how many days I should be looking to raid for. I'd personally like to do 1-2 days since I also raid 2 days a week in retail, but i'm seeing so many guild advertisements that are 3-5 days. Do you really need that many days to raid in classic?

I wouldn't have thought so, but I never played vanilla, so I don't know how long it takes or if you keep doing the previous tiers along side the current tiers.
    No you really do not need that many days. I m pretty sure you ll still be fine with 2 days.

in before all the naysayers tell you raiding in Classic is easy and the bosses will just fall over when you look at them

Seriously...I think 3 is probably fairly accurate based on my recollections but I'm sure they will be more casual raiding guilds that will do 2 days.

1 day a week until bwl, then 2 for the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Sensa1 View Post
    in before all the naysayers tell you raiding in Classic is easy and the bosses will just fall over when you look at them

Seriously...I think 3 is probably fairly accurate based on my recollections but I'm sure they will be more casual raiding guilds that will do 2 days.
    I m actually really looking forward to classic and will be playing it a ton. But you can clear both MC and ony in 1 day once you have them on farm. Like the poster above said. 1 day is fine before bwl. Then you re looking at 2-3

7+ Year Old Account
    Looks like 2 days it is. Thanks for the responses.

In the beginning, MC and Ony are really easy (seriously, some trash World Quest elite have more mechanic than most bosses in MC), this shouldn't take more than one raid night to clear both, even in blue gear.
    When you start adding ZG, BWL and AQ into the mix, then you should expect to raid 2 or maybe 3 days per week, depending on if you want to help carry alt/recruit through "older" content
    Last edited by DarkBlade6; 2019-08-25 at 08:36 PM.

2 days should be more then enough. Maybe add a 3rd one later for doing older raids or 20man for recruitment or gearing alts.

Back in 2006, my guild would raid from 7PM - 11PM, Sunday - Thursday. We would clear Onyxia, MC and work on BWL the rest of the week. Friday and Saturday were pick-up guild groups for ZG (which was easy to clear) and AQ20 or maybe some organized attempts at the first few bosses of AQ40. I was the fire pot maker so I was farming mats and making pots constantly. I burnt out after six months of this and quit before the guild got to Nef. I don't know if they ever did Naxx. The bottom line is raiding can be all consuming in vanilla, almost like another job. I'm going to try not to get roped into doing this in Classic.