Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    If I remember correctly you had sunder and shied slam. nothing else.
    Revenge, demo shout, blood rage when you need that extra rage to do something, probably battle shout too unless there is another warrior, heroic strike if you're lucky enough to need rage dump (unlikely, though), possibly disarm depending on the mob, shield bash when a mob cast, shield block on CD unless you need rage.

I'm not even considering that you will perhaps need to stance-dance to put thunder clap debuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RamGuy View Post
    Even "Taunt" doesn't give you any additional threat, it simply forced the target to start targeting the Warrior.
    Actually, taunt puts you on the same level as the highest threat in the list, so it can make you gain threat if you lost aggro. If you got a good group synergy, it can be a good idea to let the mage or rogue frontload a good amount of damage and then taunt, to get a large headstart on everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Freezzie View Post
    you could have bought it off him at vendor price, right?
    Would have been a chilly day in Hell before I rewarded somebody for being a shitty player. It would only encourage him to continue with BM behavior.

and then spread the news how cool a player he actually is.
    "Hey, this guy ninja looted an item I needed just so he could sell it to a vendor, and I had to pay him if I wanted it from him. He's a cool guy and everyone should group with him!"

Doesn't have that nice of a ring to it, if I'm being honest.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2019-08-26 at 04:19 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    There are numerous videos of it on Youtube already, have fun. They work just fine, the lack of taunt only matters when DPS are shit, and if they can't even use a threat meter they deserve the repair bill. Paladins builds such great AoE aggro that DPS can actually AoE/tab target without worry, makes groups go pretty fast.

But wait, let me guess, "Have fun drinking every 3 pulls!" Guess who also have to stop and drink? Healers and caster DPS. You end up spending maybe an extra 2 mins per dungeon for a few extra drink breaks.

"You can't pull you have no range!" Hunters/Mages pulled in Classic to start proper CC, so... nope, not a problem again.

It gets even better when you run Stratholme, and can use your huge undead based AoE and Exorcism. They do more damage than a prot warrior would, which makes up for any potential extra drinking breaks.

Have fun waiting for a prot warrior while I'm already half way through my dungeon by the time you even get there.

Also don't forget the phrase "Wait for Sunders", the same time it takes for a warrior to Sunder a single mob is all it takes for a paladin to glue the entire pack to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Prot paladins have a much easier time tanking dungeon than warriors. Their weakness is lack of taunt, ability to reach block cap against bosses, mana issues, and lack of gear for them in raids. Out of all of those problems the only one that carries over to dungeons is their lack of taunt. Meanwhile they have a much easier time at holding aggro on multiple mobs which is much more important in dungeons.

How do you not even know that?
    This isn't pservers m8. You'll see in another day or so. Pretty sure you two are getting confused with TBC which this very much isn't.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Well only one spec can do it so how hard can it be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    This isn't pservers m8. You'll see in another day or so. Pretty sure you two are getting confused with TBC which this very much isn't.
    People did it plenty on live, but based on your signature I'm guessing you're a Horde fanboy, so you're just going off other peoples info and bias.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    People did it plenty on live, but based on your signature I'm guessing you're a Horde fanboy, so you're just going off other peoples info and bias.
    Actually you'd be wrong, I played Alliance in Vanilla. Prot paladins were absolutely horrible in Vanilla and the only thing they were good for was gimmicky reckoning bombs before that was fixed. Paladins were healers and buff bots in PvE, that's about it.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Most people don't get past the first boss name Queue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually you'd be wrong, I played Alliance in Vanilla. Prot paladins were absolutely horrible in Vanilla and the only thing they were good for was gimmicky reckoning bombs before that was fixed. Paladins were healers and buff bots in PvE, that's about it.
    What exactly made them horrible in dungeons?

They have plenty of short comings in raids, but that's not what this thread is about. 5 man dungeons more or less be done without a tank if you really wanted to, they aren't exactly difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by roflolmao View Post
    More specifically as a prot warrior.
    It's super easy, but slow. Don't overpull, pull mobs back, line of sight them, let your mage sheep one at a time

- - - Updated - - -

Prot paladins are way better tanks in dungeons than warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by roflolmao View Post
    More specifically as a prot warrior.
    It’s easy, u don’t even need to go prot to tank.

Well the basic principle:

Sunder Armor => tab => Sunder Armor => Tab => Sunder armor

And use excess rage to decrease damage received by using shield block and maybe interrupt a spell or two. Overall your main focus will be to keep "Sunder Armor" on all enemies that are not in CC so they can't kill the healer. Sounds simple enough.

But you have no idea how many TRASH tanks in T2/T3 armor I've seen in early TBC. Being a raid tank pretty much narrows your focus down to a single target. Dungeon tanking was about managing multiple enemies and once you trained yourself to stick with one target, switching back to multi target tanking can be pretty hard for certain people...
    This is what an actual Vanilla WoW character looked like after 69 days of playtime:
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...olf/resseshold