Thread: Gnome or Human?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Gnome or Human?

Who is the master at being a caster?

Gnome who has intelect increase, engineering increase and escape artist or Human with perception and spirit increase?

I want warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by monka View Post

Gnome who has intelect increase, engineering increase and escape artist or Human with perception and spirit increase?

I want warlock.
    Melee - Go Human.

Caster - Go Gnome.

Easy.

Gnomes are THE warlock race. Make sure to name him Wilfred

Gnome lock is better

I want warlock.
    Intellect increase isn't a big deal in Vanilla. It slightly increases your mana pool and adds a VERY SMALL amount to crit chance. At the end of the day it really depends on what's important to you. Human will offer you increased rep gains which will be nice and Gnome will make it so you have to use 1-2 less life taps over a 6 minute encounter.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

gnome lock is better in pve by ~3-6 dps at BWL gear levels. Really, it doesnt matter, but if you like them both visually, go with gnome.

gnome racial for pvp is better, but again, preference.

I cringe hard whenever I see human warlocks, then they start back pedaling and I cringe some more

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I cringe hard whenever I see human warlocks
    why? I can't stand looking at a gnome model. =/

Quote Originally Posted by WashedUpRaider View Post
    why? I can't stand looking at a gnome model. =/
    At least you're honest about it and don't try to rationalize your choice with other metrics

Go Gnome or go home.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

At least you're honest about it and don't try to rationalize your choice with other metrics
    I mean, theres no metrics you can use to favor human over gnome for mage/lock.

Gnome is the better option for a caster in both pve and pvp. Hands down.

But really, pick what you want to play. I know this has been said a million times, but if you don’t like your character you won’t want to play it.

Me I’m going gnome. Because they’re awesome .

I cringe hard whenever I see human warlocks, then they start back pedaling and I cringe some more
    That's why you go female human. best cast animation for alliance, cloth looks nice without being too bulky coz of huge shoulders. /thumbs up

I want warlock.
    Gnomes have like a 5% int increase. Just that alone makes them the best casters in the game.

Mages/warlocks also don't really get anything out of spirit. It's a nice bonus while you're lvling, but more int is still better at lvling and in ANY other situation.

Also about lore: gnomes are the master race and most loved by the titans.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Gnomes have like a 5% int increase. Just that alone makes them the best casters in the game.

Mages/warlocks also don't really get anything out of spirit. It's a nice bonus while you're lvling, but more int is still better at lvling and in ANY other situation.

Also about lore: gnomes are the master race and most loved by the titans.
    5% intellect is nothing though.

To get 1% crit, you need 59,5 intellect. which means, you will need almost 1200 intellect to get 1% from the racial. and yea, thats not happening, with t3 gear, you might be around 600 fully buffed.

1 intellect = 10 mana. with 600 intellect * 0.05 = 30 intellect = 300mana, thats not even enough mana for a single shadowbolt / firebolt, and thats when you are at the best gear obtainable.

So, gnome is very overestimated, however, i love gnomes, but the racial is not why i do.

Edit: the 5% int, is better than the other racials, however thats more because other racials suck even more for casters, and not because gnome racial is any good

Better question is who the best warlock for Horde, undead or orc. They both have at least one very handy racial (Will of Forsaken vs Hardiness). As it seems its probably undead for PvE and orc for PvP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WashedUpRaider View Post
    I mean, theres no metrics you can use to favor human over gnome for mage/lock.
    There actually is when it comes to mages. Mages benefited from spirit in vanilla for mana regen. It wasn't just a healer stat. Humans had increased spirit AND increased rep gains which was a big thing in vanilla (and now too if you think about it). The increased int is nice but it wasn't worth it if you think about what you're giving up to play a gnome. If you're playing a lock then gnome is superior because locks don't rely on spirit at all for mana regen since they have lifetap but I still wouldn't play a gnome because of visuals.

From PvE perspective none of the racials are that relevant, regardless of the class. Surely you can pull of the charts how weapon skill here increases your dps by 0,x% or how you can save one mana pot/life tap every x hours. Relevant? Hardly.
    Careful study and evaluation of the character visuals, including their melee/cast animations is vastly more important. Thank god I've never rolled any NE, but just look at the male casting.. just look at it.. if you can take it. Now think about looking at that for the next x hundred hours.. yeah.. was that miniscule stat increase that important any more?

Gnome, for certain; especially for warlock.