Thread: Gnome or Human?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I remember right the 5% increase is for base mana (without the gear). According to classicWoW.live, a Gnome Warlock will get 119 base Int at lvl 60, compared to 110 for a Human. That means 90 more mana, and barely more crit chance. When you add the gear, the difference becomes trivial. In Vanilla, racials were rarely game changers. Some are really useful (Shadowmeld, Will of the Forsaken, Warstomp, to name a few), but those stat and tradeskill increases were not that extraordinary to influence much which race you should choose.

Therefore, if you like your characters to be cartoonish, funny and the object of punting jokes, go Gnome. If not, go Human. At least rep grinds will be a little easier...
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

I just can't play a gnome.. the character is just too small on the screen.

I tried, really hard, but no.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    There actually is when it comes to mages. Mages benefited from spirit in vanilla for mana regen. It wasn't just a healer stat. Humans had increased spirit AND increased rep gains which was a big thing in vanilla (and now too if you think about it). The increased int is nice but it wasn't worth it if you think about what you're giving up to play a gnome. If you're playing a lock then gnome is superior because locks don't rely on spirit at all for mana regen since they have lifetap but I still wouldn't play a gnome because of visuals.
    the int is still better for a mage than the spirit, extra crit and you get more mana back from evocate. Spirit only impacts when you're not casting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    If I remember right the 5% increase is for base mana (without the gear). According to classicWoW.live, a Gnome Warlock will get 119 base Int at lvl 60, compared to 110 for a Human. That means 90 more mana, and barely more crit chance. When you add the gear, the difference becomes trivial. In Vanilla, racials were rarely game changers. Some are really useful (Shadowmeld, Will of the Forsaken, Warstomp, to name a few), but those stat and tradeskill increases were not that extraordinary to influence much which race you should choose.

Therefore, if you like your characters to be cartoonish, funny and the object of punting jokes, go Gnome. If not, go Human. At least rep grinds will be a little easier...
    the 5% intellect impacts int from gear as well. Just fyi. Still relatively trivial, buttttt it is better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WashedUpRaider View Post
    the int is still better for a mage than the spirit, extra crit and you get more mana back from evocate. Spirit only impacts when you're not casting.

- - - Updated - - -

the 5% intellect impacts int from gear as well. Just fyi. Still relatively trivial, buttttt it is better.
    I stand corrected. Still, people should just take the race they like and not bother too much about racials. I have known excellent gnome and human warlocks. It's not a game changer.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"