Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    Lol. Some people take this game waaaay too serious.
    What do you mean? Like, they're all QoL addons...

3+ Year Old Account
    Details, ElvUI if there's a classic version of it, a scrolling combat text thingy and probably atlasloot or something like that, don't need much, certainly don't want the questing addons, the whole damn point of classic is to not have that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Anything you download from wowace, curseforge, and wowinterface does not have viruses. Curse and WoWI have been trusted addon sources for over a decade with internal file checks.
    Sounds like a good target to me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    ElvUI if there's a classic version of it,
    https://willitclassic.com/view/XljRN8QtvZHRT0IcvEyo

certainly don't want the questing addons, the whole damn point of classic is to not have that.
    *Kendrick Lamar voice* Fuk dot

Started in BC, read every quest
    Then learned about Thotbott
    Then found QuestHelper and haven't looked back lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

The thread title lead me to think that it was a question about who the first person to ever make a WoW addon was, i.e. what was the first ever addon for WoW. Now I'm curious about that...
    You may now kiss the ring.

Quest helper addons should be disabled tbh, i dont want it but im still tempted to get it for speed.

Not gonna bother with addons for questing/leveling, if I ever decide to get more seriously into dungeons/raiding or PvP I'll probably get a threat meter, something to show enemy cast bars and debuff timers, stuff like that.

Anyone know a good addon to show estimated flight time arrivals?

Blizzard disabled enemy cast bars so only the spell type shows up (good for PVP for fake hearthstone casts and the like but little else). There are a few things that are helpful to have like Vendor Price which shows you the sell value of items in your bag when not at a vendor since you will have super limited bag space at the beginning and be destroying stuff to avoid full bags all the time and Simple Unit Frames with LibClassicMobHealth-1.0 to give you health value/percentage on your player/party frames and mob frames (approx).

I also recommend Inventorian for a 1 bag solution as I really dislike all the separate bags myself. =)

lfgaddon
    rotationmacro
    masterloot hacker
    gamble classic
    playthegameforme addon

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Coordinates. I think I'll remember where to go and what to do for a lot of stuff, but I never played on private servers, so my memories of Classic are 13+ years old at this point. I'm sure I'll inevitably have to look something up, and I'm also sure I'll find people saying "THE DUDE YOU NEED TO KILL SPAWNS AT [coordinates]"

Some kind of threat meter. I intend to play a fury warrior at 60, so I'm sure I'll be having to watch my threat like a hawk. No idea if Omen was originally around in Classic or will be a thing in the re-release, but I'm hoping it is because I used it in BC/Wrath and liked it.

Quartz, if that's still a thing.

AtlasLoot.

Some kind of map mod that makes the world map/minimap work a little more like it does in modern WoW. I can't remember what it was called, but I do remember using one in Classic that made the map a lot nicer to use and look at. Might've been SexyMap, but I can't remember for sure now. At any rate, from what I remember, the minimap and world map in Classic was kind of shitty and lacked a lot of functionality, so I'll be looking for some mod or other to make it better.

I don't care much for UI mods. The default UI is fine with me. Every time I've tried to get used to UI mods (usually because some guide or other raved about how awesome they were), they were way too fancy for my liking. I never have been able to get used to any and always just revert to the default. Default UI with all actionbars enabled is good enough for me. I don't play anywhere near the level where I need all the bells and whistles of something like ElvUI.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-08-26 at 03:35 PM.

Im not seeing where to get addons for classic in Twitch app. Can someone point me
    "If you don't know who I am -- then maybe your best course is to tread lightly." - W.W.

Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    Lol. Some people take this game waaaay too serious.
    Lol. Some people get waaaaay too triggered over how other people enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Thokri View Post
    bars/buff/unit frames addons only.

Quest addons are for the weak.
    exactly why even bother with playing classic if you're going to cruise through it retail style...

Quote Originally Posted by Phatte View Post
    Im not seeing where to get addons for classic in Twitch app. Can someone point me
    First make sure you have the newest version of the program, then when you go to the Mods->World of Warcraft tab make sure _classic_ is selected and it should show the classic addons in the browse tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    First make sure you have the newest version of the program, then when you go to the Mods->World of Warcraft tab make sure _classic_ is selected and it should show the classic addons in the browse tab.
    Got it thanks. I had to scan for "new games installed"
    "If you don't know who I am -- then maybe your best course is to tread lightly." - W.W.

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Yeah they added that a few weeks ago.

Anyway here are all my addons

What's training
    WeaponSwingTimer
    ClassicCastBars
    Shadowed Unit frames
    RingMenu
    Bartender4
    Classicauradurations
    Click Links
    DBM
    Better Vendor price
    Extended character stats
    Atlas Loot
    Details
    SexyMap
    ngorange
    TomTom
    WeakAuras2
    NeatPlates
    LetMeCast
    Annnnd OmniCC
    yes, 20 addons from the start

the true classic experience :P

First addons i used was a pack available on Thottbot, most of them were crap though.

Nature Enemycastbar
    Atlasloot
    Bartender
    DBM
    Details
    Shadowedunitframes
    titan panel
    gatherer
    monkeyquest
    questie
    realmobhealth
    omnicc
    neatplates
    whatstraining
    sexymap
    classiccastbars
    weaponswingtimer
    Outfitter

later on:
    vuhdo
    weakauras
    Last edited by Pusemuckl; 2019-08-26 at 05:54 PM.

DBM
    ElvUI
    WeakAuras
    Questie
    TomTom
    WeaponSwingTimer
    MapFader
    ModernQuestWatch
    BugSack
    !BugGrabber
    DialogKey
    QuestIconDesaturation
    VendorPrice
    XpCounter
    Recount
    Outfitter

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    when i started playing WoW i legit thought that addons were going to get me banned because the only experience i had with mods to games was maphack for diablo2