Page 1 of 2
LastLast

will WoW classic have guild banks?

Many of my to-be guild members think there will. But I can't find any reliable sources after a 10 minute google that suggest there will, or won't be.

No, Guild Banks were added in TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Erinne View Post
    No, Guild Banks were added in TBC.
    I know they weren't in vanilla, but there are many things that weren't in vanilla, that will be classic. I am wondering if guild banks are one of them.

Usually you pick someone trustworthy to be the guild bank and they would have a mule character.

No, one of the officers gonna use a mule to hold stuff. I was in charge of the bank and every day I would scan character bags and upload the string on our website and keep a ledger what went where. Private server players probably have more sophisticated solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by starburst View Post
    I know they weren't in vanilla, but there are many things that weren't in vanilla, that will be classic. I am wondering if guild banks are one of them.
    Care to elaborate?

As an aside, to really just put into perspective... someone on the forums asked just today if they'll be able to send over their hard-earned gold on retail to classic... like... for real.

but there are many things that weren't in vanilla, that will be classic.
    I looked through the massive list of examples of said exceptions you gave to support your argument.

I wasn't convinced.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Such as?

/10

Such as? I don't think they've added any actual game features that weren't in vanilla. Of course they've added some UI features, more graphics options etc... but no actual gameplay stuff

They're called gnomes in adorable tuxedos named "GuildBank."

If you could name the "many things" that will be in Classic, that'd be super.

Because to my knowledge there are hardly any aside from performance related "behind the scenes" kind of features.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Nope.

So get ready for the guy/gal with the guild bank alt, to rage quit, and steal everything, and Blizzard being unable to do shit about it.

Only happens about...oh, once a month? Be prepared to see the hatred and raging in Chat about it
    I dont rly see much difference in it being stolen from a guild bank by an officer with full control,or the gm,the guild bank just makes things easier,doesnt offer all that much extra protection against theft,if anything it increases the chances of it if many people have control

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Such as?

/10
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Such as? I don't think they've added any actual game features that weren't in vanilla. Of course they've added some UI features, more graphics options etc... but no actual gameplay stuff
    It's arguable whether or not guild banks are considered a game feature. But it's as much a game feature as sharding, different macro's/addons and loot trading (in raids) imo. They are a few off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more though, which is why I didn't want to accept the argument that just because guild banks weren't in vanilla, doesn't mean they won't be in classic. But if blizzard did state they were going to be in classic, I think there would've been someone by now who would've said so in this thread, so I think we can assume they won't be.
    Last edited by starburst; 2019-08-26 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Well, the primary difference was that as it was a personal alt, Blizzard didn't do much about it. You gave the items to someones toon in effect, and they were in full control over it.
    The sheer amount of guilds that imploded and an Officer just took everything was huge, and rarely did Blizzard do much about it, because what *could* they do? The items were already on that persons account. You as a guild trusted them? Well...your issue.

Now? You can take a load of stuff from a guild bank, but there is a record, and a limit on what you can take. It is also formally stored as a guild bank, not an individual account, so Blizzard has more control.

It is actually a HUGE difference, and mayhap Blizz have a better understanding now, but the scenario is still the same. Was semi-common to see a guild implode, then magically cheap Void Crystals and stuff appearing on an AH shortly after.
    fair point

Quote Originally Posted by Black Goat View Post
    If you could name the "many things" that will be in Classic, that'd be super.

Because to my knowledge there are hardly any aside from performance related "behind the scenes" kind of features.
    The only thing I've noticed that's different from vanilla is that you can move characters up and down on the character list which IIRC wasn't added until a later xpac.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    the only thing i've noticed that's different from vanilla is that you can move characters up and down on the character list which iirc wasn't added until a later xpac.
    #notmyclassic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    They're called gnomes in adorable tuxedos named "GuildBank."
    Or as I accidentally named my bank alt back in Vanilla 'Guilebank :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Many of my to-be guild members think there will. But I can't find any reliable sources after a 10 minute google that suggest there will, or won't be.
    no

/thread
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Usually you pick someone trustworthy to be the guild bank and they would have a mule character.
    That doesn't work.

It's arguable whether or not guild banks are considered a game feature. But it's as much a game feature as sharding, different macro's/addons and loot trading (in raids) imo. They are a few off the top of my head.
    They are not arguably a game feature.
    Sharding will be gone after 90% leaves.
    They can't run exact vanilla so macro/addon API changes are inevitable.
    Loot trading is there (is it though) just because they don't want to spend resources on manual trading.

Al of this surely doesn't account for "many things that weren't in vanilla, that will be classic".