Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
17
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    I would wait for statistics on how many play Classic before claiming the popularity. Just looking at blue posts claiming they need new realms is not a super-clear indication that Classic has gleaned the most popularity to BFA. Not to mention Blizzard may have woefully undermined the amount of people wanting to play. Which personally I think is their main goal was to make sure servers promote community over factors like language, gold economy, etc.

    It's been accustom to WoW subscriptions that any new expansion promotes a hike in them and BFA would do the same. It's a natural progression that has been a thing for the last 7 expansions. Pretending otherwise is a little ignorant of the fact and really, Classic would be no different. All consumers respond in the same way to anything that is anticipated. The apparent in-surge is dramatically overplayed.

    You also forget that the Classic relaunch shares its subscription with retail. Meaning there might not be such a subscription hike or overly palpable interest as you're claiming as the most likely culprits to over popular the realms, are people who already pay and play. That to me isn't so much interest. That's people optimising their subscription, enjoying the game in it's nostalgia base and in some cases, making sure to get some gold, money, whatever advantage when they make characters with names they can sell off.
    because 1.1 mio viewers on twitter, beating fortnite on google trends and blizzard sub system crashing is not enough?

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    I would wait for statistics on how many play Classic before claiming the popularity. Just looking at blue posts claiming they need new realms is not a super-clear indication that Classic has gleaned the most popularity to BFA. Not to mention Blizzard may have woefully undermined the amount of people wanting to play. Which personally I think is their main goal was to make sure servers promote community over factors like language, gold economy, etc.

    It's been accustom to WoW subscriptions that any new expansion promotes a hike in them and BFA would do the same. It's a natural progression that has been a thing for the last 7 expansions. Pretending otherwise is a little ignorant of the fact and really, Classic would be no different. All consumers respond in the same way to anything that is anticipated. The apparent in-surge is dramatically overplayed.

    You also forget that the Classic relaunch shares its subscription with retail. Meaning there might not be such a subscription hike or overly palpable interest as you're claiming as the most likely culprits to over popular the realms, are people who already pay and play. That to me isn't so much interest. That's people optimising their subscription, enjoying the game in it's nostalgia base and in some cases, making sure to get some gold, money, whatever advantage when they make characters with names they can sell off.
    1.2 million viewers on twitch for opening night seem like a pretty good indication of interest, the fact that method are getting involved shows they can see potential.

    The ques and new servers opening up also show a lot of hype. Also its pretty obvious reading chat in game right now A LOT of people hate bfa and only resubscribed for classic.

    To say that classic isnt popular right now, especially compared to BFA is honestly a bit silly because it very obviously is very popular. But of course We will have to see if thats maintained after release hype.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    because 1.1 mio viewers on twitter, beating fortnite on google trends and blizzard sub system crashing is not enough?
    You kids really need to get some basic intelligence, it gets really tiring reading the same repeated shit stats.

    1.1mil for 5mins , then down to 800k cause the hype died instantly and because most of the viewers of the streamers money-jumping couldnt give a rats ass about it.

    Secondary, its streamers that couldnt give a rats ass about WoW, like Shroud, that carry 100k+ views or more and they will disappear in a week or two cause just that, hype and money.

    He is usually at 100k+ when he streams, he is at 30k barely with WoW, cause his viewers couldnt care less about it, from a top FPS player.

    TI had more viewers for 10 hours at a time daily for the last 5 days, no one said anything cause its logical, its 35mil tournament.

    For the love of god, enjoy the game if you havent played it when it was relevant, but start using the thing inside your head and the basic math around it.

    Even shit games like Atlas and Sea of Thieves had half a million viewers for a day, because streamer hype.
    Last edited by potis; 2019-08-27 at 11:09 AM.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    You kids really need to get some basic intelligence, it gets really tiring reading the same repeated shit stats.

    1.1mil for 5mins , then down to 800k cause the hype died instantly and because most of the viewers of the streamers money-jumping couldnt give a rats ass about it.

    Secondary, its streamers that couldnt give a rats ass about WoW, like Shroud, that carry 100k+ views or more and they will disappear in a week or two cause just that, hype and money.

    He is usually at 100k+ when he streams, he is at 30k barely with WoW, cause his viewers couldnt care less about it, from a top FPS player.

    TI had more viewers for 10 hours at a time daily for the last 5 days, no one said anything cause its logical, its 35mil tournament.

    For the love of god, enjoy the game if you havent played it when it was relevant, but start using the thing inside your head and the basic math around it.

    Even shit games like Atlas and Sea of Thieves had half a million viewers for a day, because streamer hype.
    wow someone is triggered. It's a fact that there has not been this much buzz around wow since Wrath.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    because 1.1 mio viewers on twitter, beating fortnite on google trends and blizzard sub system crashing is not enough?
    Down to 500k half a day after release, even if it's a very impressive number.

    You conveniently ignore the 3,5M of BfA copies sold too.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    You kids really need to get some basic intelligence, it gets really tiring reading the same repeated shit stats.

    1.1mil for 5mins , then down to 800k cause the hype died instantly and because most of the viewers of the streamers money-jumping couldnt give a rats ass about it.

    Secondary, its streamers that couldnt give a rats ass about WoW, like Shroud, that carry 100k+ views or more and they will disappear in a week or two cause just that, hype and money.

    He is usually at 100k+ when he streams, he is at 30k barely with WoW, cause his viewers couldnt care less about it, from a top FPS player.

    TI had more viewers for 10 hours at a time daily for the last 5 days, no one said anything cause its logical, its 35mil tournament.

    For the love of god, enjoy the game if you havent played it when it was relevant, but start using the thing inside your head and the basic math around it.
    It shows interest, its still sitting at around 600~k, considering most people have been stuck in queue which afected views thats very good.

    Shroud hasnt even broke 30k views, his fans wont want to see wow if you think he is playing it for money your delusional he would make more streaming one of his main games, hes playing because he used to play classic.

    Plus Its soda and asmon the main wow players that are carrying the big numbers.

  7. #127
    Bloodsail Admiral Krawu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    1,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    *snip*
    I think what you have is a problem with your approach to the game. You're seemingly incapable of playing it for fun. Just putting on a movie, playing for an hour or two, doing a quest and a half and logging out again can be so relaxing, especially if you don't have the "gotta finish all my emissaries before bedtime or I'll miss out on this and that"-thing going on.

    Classic is the very definition of a slow burner. If you try to rush things you'll inevitably be frustrated. The road is long and arduous but everyone can get there in the end. With retail, if you don't log in every day, you'll miss out on stuff every day.

    Consider the difference:


  8. #128
    The problems started when even in a group, looting quests were individual and I started to wander why do I need a group? Oh yes because it's classic, but the group is slowing me down error error. Not to mention the horrific quest in the undead start location to loot 6 crates .. i mean really, blizz can't you just make the spawn time faster there are 3000 ppl waiting for them )

    Anyway I will play both, but classic is now way down on the list.

  9. #129
    i did not ignore the 3,5. Im just not talking about BFA.

    but BFA did not get nowhere near the attention that classic is.

  10. #130
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    972
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    You kids really need to get some basic intelligence, it gets really tiring reading the same repeated shit stats.

    1.1mil for 5mins , then down to 800k cause the hype died instantly and because most of the viewers of the streamers money-jumping couldnt give a rats ass about it.

    Secondary, its streamers that couldnt give a rats ass about WoW, like Shroud, that carry 100k+ views or more and they will disappear in a week or two cause just that, hype and money.

    He is usually at 100k+ when he streams, he is at 30k barely with WoW, cause his viewers couldnt care less about it, from a top FPS player.

    TI had more viewers for 10 hours at a time daily for the last 5 days, no one said anything cause its logical, its 35mil tournament.

    For the love of god, enjoy the game if you havent played it when it was relevant, but start using the thing inside your head and the basic math around it.

    Even shit games like Atlas and Sea of Thieves had half a million viewers for a day, because streamer hype.
    Not to derail, but what makes sea of thieves shit?

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhila View Post
    It shows interest, its still sitting at around 600~k, considering most people have been stuck in queue which afected views thats very good.

    Shroud hasnt even broke 30k views, his fans wont want to see wow if you think he is playing it for money your delusional he would make more streaming one of his main games, hes playing because he used to play classic.

    Plus Its soda and asmon the main wow players that are carrying the big numbers.
    Indeed. There's a famous french streamer (Zerator) sitting at 25-30k viewers whatever he plays but the big event he's managing comes in three weeks, let's see how it goes viewership wise in one-two weeks when he has to stop streaming Classic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    i did not ignore the 3,5. Im just not talking about BFA.

    but BFA did not get nowhere near the attention that classic is.
    Of course, you have people wanting Classic for a decade while BfA is just one expansion among the others. No one in their right mind would deny that Classic generated a considerable hype.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2019-08-27 at 11:20 AM.

  12. #132
    I agree that there's some unnecessary inconveniences in classic that I think should be remedied, it's still dozens of times better than retail though. There's absolutely 0 sense of progression in retail, so regardless of how fun it might be to steamroll everything; there's nothing to strive for.

  13. #133
    Ahahaha, i expected this. First people scream "We want classic blizz omfg!!!111!1" and once they get classic, theyll realize that they arent made for a grindy game that is old as hell and not that easy to play.
    Next step will be threads like "this doesnt feeel like real classic, quitting", well duh, maybe bc u arent playing it for the first time again.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Not to derail, but what makes sea of thieves shit?
    I meant the first iteration where it was bland and boring, supposedly now its better, but i am not gonna pretend i have played it.

    Just from the few minutes i saw and complains i red over the internet about it, in the sense of there isnt anything to actually do if you play a bit more than "expected" aka more than 5h/week mentality those games have lately.

  15. #135
    Classic is a laudable boost in value to the WoW sub, and I’m glad it exists for those that want it for various, valid reasons, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with embracing the QoL of modern WoW and sticking to it.

    Classic has an appeal akin to camping and “roughing it,” but me, I like indoor plumbing and microwave ovens.

    Full disclosure: I do enjoy the City of Heroes revival, but that’s because CoH has unparalleled personal expression, sidekicking, guild housing, and softer faction walls.

  16. #136
    has classic been a punch in the dick so far like all the actual vanilla players said it would be?

    i quit all wow at the beginning of the month because the current state of the game and its hostile player base was just too much for me to want to spend money on. i hadn't been unsubbed from wow in about 5 years.

    currently back to playing SWTOR, and its been fantastic!
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

  17. #137
    Level 5 last evening after sitting in queue for about 90 minutes. Found quite a few things rather refreshing, namely the lack of mini map guidance and shining quest objects. Looking forward to the hype dying off so logging in doesn't take half the evening.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasokaz View Post
    WoW isn't a socia media, it's a game. The entire concept of "behaving because people know who you are" on Classic is laughable to say the least. If someone wants to be a dick, they'll be a dick regardless. If you are trying to scare someone with the fact you know who his main is on vanilla in a video game, you're joke.
    Plus, atleast in my experience, server black lists never were a thing. Yes some nerds may have made lists for their groups but this idea that if you behaved like an asshole the whole server will blacklist you never happened.
    People were never that coordinated, the assholes had guilds, too that defended that guy and attacked the accuser... Sometimes there was a bit of drama in the realm forums (that barely anyone read) and that was it. There never happened anything outside of that. Plus most people only played in their guilds in the first place.

  19. #139
    And jesus, the delicate sensibilities of the Retail Defense Platoon(tm) in this thread. Relax, the current shit show isn't going anywhere just because people like elements of classic.

  20. #140
    How do you miss something that isn't gone?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •