Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Clearly, you’re unfamiliar with how the endgame works in vanilla.

People with bad reps tend to basically have their experience brick walled and for good reason.

There’s accountability that’s sorely missing in cross realm versions of wow
    Unless you're a good tank/healer. Then your role and experience weight more than how you treat randoms.

i might be going back to retail wihtout trying classic, being stuck in a log in queue for upwards of 8 hrs isnt my idea of good design al because my guildie in retail didnt tell me his classic guild move realm till i made a toon on the old realm
    #

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Unless you're a good tank/healer. Then your role and experience weight more than how you treat randoms.
    Wanna make friends, roll a tank healer or warlock.

Besides, no one should be rolling against the tank on tank gear anyway in dungeons

On a server with 4 - 5 times more players than in vanilla, nobody is going to remember your name.

I'm sure that elwynn forest gave good points to compare between the games.
    I actually did both teldrassil in bfa and teldrassil in classic this week. So far the classic version has more meaningful group content.

That being said, honestly for bfa you don’t even need 9 hours to tell why it’s bad. It’s simply devoid of anything interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpharius View Post
    I actually did both teldrassil in bfa and teldrassil in classic this week. So far the classic version has more meaningful group content.

That being said, honestly for bfa you don’t even need 9 hours to tell why it’s bad. It’s simply devoid of anything interesting.
    You do know trying to form an opinion about an MMO with 9 hour sample size is also extremely dumb?

Not surprising at all.

Also, extremely hillarious how insecure classic fanboys are, and how quick they are to bash OP for expressing his opinion
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    less lfr heros , less queue times
    Please do tell us how challenging vanilla content was

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Uh... back in vanilla/Classic, even interrupts were on gcd. So either you love gcd - and thus should enjoy BFA making it more strict - or hate it... in which case, why in the world would you praise Classic which was even worse? Also, haste didn't exist, so casters were stuck with 1.5s gcd... so again, what exactly are you talking about?
    I mean I played both games today. One clearly felt smoother than the waitfest that is bfa.

Why? These classes don’t have that many spells that make it feel like gcd exists.

- - - Updated - - -

You do know trying to form an opinion about an MMO with 9 hour sample size is also extremely dumb?

By which metric? Any sources or studies why it’s dumb, mr know it all? Guess not?

In my subjective view I can judge a game for that I am willing to play 9 hours in a row as very enjoyable experience.

But I guess you will try to explain to me why that’s wrong because you got the world figured out and the rest here are fools not entitled to their own opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

I mean I played both games today. One clearly felt smoother than the waitfest that is bfa.

Why? These classes don’t have that many spells that make it feel like gcd exists.

- - - Updated - - -

By which metric? Any sources or studies why it’s dumb, mr know it all? Guess not?

In my subjective view I can judge a game for that I am willing to play 9 hours in a row as very enjoyable experience.

But I guess you will try to explain to me why that’s wrong because you got the world figured out and the rest here are fools not entitled to their own opinion.
    Of course you are entitled to your own opinion, I am merely pointing out how forming an opinion on a cake by tasting the cream on top is rather dumb.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

But it exists and it's longer than BFA, unless you have exactly zero haste. This is not an opinion, that's just how the game works. Also, wait until you actually try to interrupt something - oops, it was on gcd, Kurzen Medicine Man has healed to full.

And even ignoring that, it's a weird kind of praise, along the lines of "if I keep spamming frostbolt, I don't really notice the gcd, so it's better".

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    It's been quite some time since Warlords of Draenor launched and I must say, after that horrendous experience, I have never thought I'll relive that again. But today with Classic, Blizzard did it again. And nope, this isn't supposed to be a bashing thread. Not at all. Instead, since I had 5+ hours to think about it, I just realized, I already miss BFA.

On classic, I hit level 4 before I got random dc'ed and got stuck in queue. The first time I logged in it was amazing. So. Many. People. I was so hyped, got my gnome warlock, started trying to tag mobs. No luck. Made group, it got a little better. I pushed through, suddenly first inconvenience struck me. Quests don't appear on the minimap. It's been so long that I totally forgot about that. Well, whatever, it's silly and could be easily fixed, but I guess people like the pain and want it? Nevermind, lets continue leveling I thought. Then ofc the mob tagging started to became bigger and biggers issue. And the objects clicking. And the quest items looting while in a party. And the old interface, and the old social tab not being placed where Im used to, and then the realisation that also this is still just the beginning and there will be more and more little things that Im going to hate. And you know what? Then I realized, there is a game just like this, BUT BETTER. Where I have 10+ years of stuff, where everything is convenient, where things still matter, progress matters, theres tons of content and, well, I started to miss it.

So my point is, thanks, but no thanks? I'll still give it a proper chance. After it cools down. But somehow I really want to level a new character on BFA now, because, you know, its way more fun. Any1 feels the same?
    I'm dreading similar experience. Well, if I ever get in to the server. I tried beta for a while, and even though I did enjoy Vanilla back in the day, I'm not sure the nostalgia value will outweigh the many issues Classic has. Not having shared tags on quest mobs, insane respawn timers for named quest mobs (5 min?????), basically everything taking ages whether it's dungeon run (including party gathering, traveling to dungeon, clearing it) or just getting to new zones by foot, you name it.

But hey, who knows, maybe it's not that terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    Wow, exactly what i predicted...but i didnt thought it would be that fast.

And hundreds and thousands of players will feel the same. Some might take a little bit longer to realise, many will be to butthurt to admit they were wrong....but they will still feel it. Classic - Waste of Ressources.
    Did you seriously believe no one out of tens of thousands of vanilla haters would create a thread like this shortly after launch? Are you shocked?

OP also doesnt seem to understand that vanilla and retail are two conpletely different games. Like he didnt see that coming!

Why do people Even create thread like this, jesus christ. Why not just play what you like and dont start a stupid thread about it.

I will not ruin my fond memories of Classic, stuff what OP writes is exactly the reason to not go back for me. Classic was gold and in my rose-tinted glasses, it still is! If I would touch it, I am 100% sure I would hate the living hell out of that miserable experience it is by todays standards.

Classic will die in a matter of months, there will be like 100k people playing by X-mas and those will probably stay true to it but the absolute majority will get bored and leave. Feel free to quote me on that in 4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Classic caused a bigger popularity surge for WoW than BfA did during launch or any time after that. Just sayin.
    I would wait for statistics on how many play Classic before claiming the popularity. Just looking at blue posts claiming they need new realms is not a super-clear indication that Classic has gleaned the most popularity to BFA. Not to mention Blizzard may have woefully undermined the amount of people wanting to play. Which personally I think is their main goal was to make sure servers promote community over factors like language, gold economy, etc.

It's been accustom to WoW subscriptions that any new expansion promotes a hike in them and BFA would do the same. It's a natural progression that has been a thing for the last 7 expansions. Pretending otherwise is a little ignorant of the fact and really, Classic would be no different. All consumers respond in the same way to anything that is anticipated. The apparent in-surge is dramatically overplayed.

You also forget that the Classic relaunch shares its subscription with retail. Meaning there might not be such a subscription hike or overly palpable interest as you're claiming as the most likely culprits to over popular the realms, are people who already pay and play. That to me isn't so much interest. That's people optimising their subscription, enjoying the game in it's nostalgia base and in some cases, making sure to get some gold, money, whatever advantage when they make characters with names they can sell off.

Why not just get items for free and do as little movement as possible? Up that item level, teleport to every where. All classes should also have blink without cooldown so that you dont have to walk to the mob you want to kill. There should be only one vendor which sells everything so you dont have to WALK all the way to the other house. Also remove the function that gives you rested inside an inn, and implement it every where. All mobs should have 1 hp so you dont have to spend time killing them. Its pointless, its not like he is gonna kill you anyway.

Right?

Man, that one guy was right. Classic Derangement Syndrome is real.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    I would wait for statistics on how many play Classic before claiming the popularity. Just looking at blue posts claiming they need new realms is not a super-clear indication that Classic has gleaned the most popularity to BFA. Not to mention Blizzard may have woefully undermined the amount of people wanting to play. Which personally I think is their main goal was to make sure servers promote community over factors like language, gold economy, etc.

It's been accustom to WoW subscriptions that any new expansion promotes a hike in them and BFA would do the same. It's a natural progression that has been a thing for the last 7 expansions. Pretending otherwise is a little ignorant of the fact and really, Classic would be no different. All consumers respond in the same way to anything that is anticipated. The apparent in-surge is dramatically overplayed.

You also forget that the Classic relaunch shares its subscription with retail. Meaning there might not be such a subscription hike or overly palpable interest as you're claiming as the most likely culprits to over popular the realms, are people who already pay and play. That to me isn't so much interest. That's people optimising their subscription, enjoying the game in it's nostalgia base and in some cases, making sure to get some gold, money, whatever advantage when they make characters with names they can sell off.
    1.2 million viewers on twitch for opening night seem like a pretty good indication of interest, the fact that method are getting involved shows they can see potential.

The ques and new servers opening up also show a lot of hype. Also its pretty obvious reading chat in game right now A LOT of people hate bfa and only resubscribed for classic.

To say that classic isnt popular right now, especially compared to BFA is honestly a bit silly because it very obviously is very popular. But of course We will have to see if thats maintained after release hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    because 1.1 mio viewers on twitter, beating fortnite on google trends and blizzard sub system crashing is not enough?
    You kids really need to get some basic intelligence, it gets really tiring reading the same repeated shit stats.

1.1mil for 5mins , then down to 800k cause the hype died instantly and because most of the viewers of the streamers money-jumping couldnt give a rats ass about it.

Secondary, its streamers that couldnt give a rats ass about WoW, like Shroud, that carry 100k+ views or more and they will disappear in a week or two cause just that, hype and money.

He is usually at 100k+ when he streams, he is at 30k barely with WoW, cause his viewers couldnt care less about it, from a top FPS player.

TI had more viewers for 10 hours at a time daily for the last 5 days, no one said anything cause its logical, its 35mil tournament.

For the love of god, enjoy the game if you havent played it when it was relevant, but start using the thing inside your head and the basic math around it.

Even shit games like Atlas and Sea of Thieves had half a million viewers for a day, because streamer hype.
    Last edited by potis; 2019-08-27 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    because 1.1 mio viewers on twitter, beating fortnite on google trends and blizzard sub system crashing is not enough?
    Down to 500k half a day after release, even if it's a very impressive number.

You conveniently ignore the 3,5M of BfA copies sold too.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    You kids really need to get some basic intelligence, it gets really tiring reading the same repeated shit stats.

1.1mil for 5mins , then down to 800k cause the hype died instantly and because most of the viewers of the streamers money-jumping couldnt give a rats ass about it.

Secondary, its streamers that couldnt give a rats ass about WoW, like Shroud, that carry 100k+ views or more and they will disappear in a week or two cause just that, hype and money.

He is usually at 100k+ when he streams, he is at 30k barely with WoW, cause his viewers couldnt care less about it, from a top FPS player.

TI had more viewers for 10 hours at a time daily for the last 5 days, no one said anything cause its logical, its 35mil tournament.

For the love of god, enjoy the game if you havent played it when it was relevant, but start using the thing inside your head and the basic math around it.
    It shows interest, its still sitting at around 600~k, considering most people have been stuck in queue which afected views thats very good.

Shroud hasnt even broke 30k views, his fans wont want to see wow if you think he is playing it for money your delusional he would make more streaming one of his main games, hes playing because he used to play classic.

Plus Its soda and asmon the main wow players that are carrying the big numbers.