Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    *snip*
    I think what you have is a problem with your approach to the game. You're seemingly incapable of playing it for fun. Just putting on a movie, playing for an hour or two, doing a quest and a half and logging out again can be so relaxing, especially if you don't have the "gotta finish all my emissaries before bedtime or I'll miss out on this and that"-thing going on.

Classic is the very definition of a slow burner. If you try to rush things you'll inevitably be frustrated. The road is long and arduous but everyone can get there in the end. With retail, if you don't log in every day, you'll miss out on stuff every day.

Consider the difference:

The problems started when even in a group, looting quests were individual and I started to wander why do I need a group? Oh yes because it's classic, but the group is slowing me down error error. Not to mention the horrific quest in the undead start location to loot 6 crates .. i mean really, blizz can't you just make the spawn time faster there are 3000 ppl waiting for them )

Anyway I will play both, but classic is now way down on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    You kids really need to get some basic intelligence, it gets really tiring reading the same repeated shit stats.

1.1mil for 5mins , then down to 800k cause the hype died instantly and because most of the viewers of the streamers money-jumping couldnt give a rats ass about it.

Secondary, its streamers that couldnt give a rats ass about WoW, like Shroud, that carry 100k+ views or more and they will disappear in a week or two cause just that, hype and money.

He is usually at 100k+ when he streams, he is at 30k barely with WoW, cause his viewers couldnt care less about it, from a top FPS player.

TI had more viewers for 10 hours at a time daily for the last 5 days, no one said anything cause its logical, its 35mil tournament.

For the love of god, enjoy the game if you havent played it when it was relevant, but start using the thing inside your head and the basic math around it.

Even shit games like Atlas and Sea of Thieves had half a million viewers for a day, because streamer hype.
    Not to derail, but what makes sea of thieves shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhila View Post
    It shows interest, its still sitting at around 600~k, considering most people have been stuck in queue which afected views thats very good.

Shroud hasnt even broke 30k views, his fans wont want to see wow if you think he is playing it for money your delusional he would make more streaming one of his main games, hes playing because he used to play classic.

Plus Its soda and asmon the main wow players that are carrying the big numbers.
    Indeed. There's a famous french streamer (Zerator) sitting at 25-30k viewers whatever he plays but the big event he's managing comes in three weeks, let's see how it goes viewership wise in one-two weeks when he has to stop streaming Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    i did not ignore the 3,5. Im just not talking about BFA.

but BFA did not get nowhere near the attention that classic is.
    Of course, you have people wanting Classic for a decade while BfA is just one expansion among the others. No one in their right mind would deny that Classic generated a considerable hype.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2019-08-27 at 11:20 AM.

I agree that there's some unnecessary inconveniences in classic that I think should be remedied, it's still dozens of times better than retail though. There's absolutely 0 sense of progression in retail, so regardless of how fun it might be to steamroll everything; there's nothing to strive for.

Ahahaha, i expected this. First people scream "We want classic blizz omfg!!!111!1" and once they get classic, theyll realize that they arent made for a grindy game that is old as hell and not that easy to play.
    Next step will be threads like "this doesnt feeel like real classic, quitting", well duh, maybe bc u arent playing it for the first time again.

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Not to derail, but what makes sea of thieves shit?
    I meant the first iteration where it was bland and boring, supposedly now its better, but i am not gonna pretend i have played it.

Just from the few minutes i saw and complains i red over the internet about it, in the sense of there isnt anything to actually do if you play a bit more than "expected" aka more than 5h/week mentality those games have lately.

Classic is a laudable boost in value to the WoW sub, and I’m glad it exists for those that want it for various, valid reasons, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with embracing the QoL of modern WoW and sticking to it.

Classic has an appeal akin to camping and “roughing it,” but me, I like indoor plumbing and microwave ovens.

Full disclosure: I do enjoy the City of Heroes revival, but that’s because CoH has unparalleled personal expression, sidekicking, guild housing, and softer faction walls.

has classic been a punch in the dick so far like all the actual vanilla players said it would be?

i quit all wow at the beginning of the month because the current state of the game and its hostile player base was just too much for me to want to spend money on. i hadn't been unsubbed from wow in about 5 years.

currently back to playing SWTOR, and its been fantastic!
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Level 5 last evening after sitting in queue for about 90 minutes. Found quite a few things rather refreshing, namely the lack of mini map guidance and shining quest objects. Looking forward to the hype dying off so logging in doesn't take half the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasokaz View Post
    WoW isn't a socia media, it's a game. The entire concept of "behaving because people know who you are" on Classic is laughable to say the least. If someone wants to be a dick, they'll be a dick regardless. If you are trying to scare someone with the fact you know who his main is on vanilla in a video game, you're joke.
    Plus, atleast in my experience, server black lists never were a thing. Yes some nerds may have made lists for their groups but this idea that if you behaved like an asshole the whole server will blacklist you never happened.
    People were never that coordinated, the assholes had guilds, too that defended that guy and attacked the accuser... Sometimes there was a bit of drama in the realm forums (that barely anyone read) and that was it. There never happened anything outside of that. Plus most people only played in their guilds in the first place.

And jesus, the delicate sensibilities of the Retail Defense Platoon(tm) in this thread. Relax, the current shit show isn't going anywhere just because people like elements of classic.

How do you miss something that isn't gone?

1.1mio twitch viewers and only a handful of servers worldwide. Pretty sad to be honest if you are a gamer.

The Diablo3 Season18 weekend showed 800-1000 groups in every difficulty (20 different difficulty levels) while most people play solo at the beginning. And D3 is a dead game compared to its prime.

The promotion of the game is great, but the amount of players actually playing is disappointing.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Classic caused a bigger popularity surge for WoW than BfA did during launch or any time after that. Just sayin.
    and it will die faster than WoD subs dropped

I played 30min and decided that the time invested for the reward isn't really there. But then again I already did all of this 15 years ago. Feels funny to read peoples comments about how gaining levels feels more rewarding when the only real difference is time. It takes longer to gain levels so for some people this means that the levels are harder to get. Over 20 years of gaming has made me realise that just because something takes longer to get doesn't mean its more difficult or rewarding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    I played 30min and decided that the time invested for the reward isn't really there. But then again I already did all of this 15 years ago. Feels funny to read peoples comments about how gaining levels feels more rewarding when the only real difference is time. It takes longer to gain levels so for some people this means that the levels are harder to get. Over 20 years of gaming has made me realise that just because something takes longer to get doesn't mean its more difficult or rewarding.
    This. I just leveled my Dark Iron Paladin from 20-120. 90% of it was questing as that is typically more efficient right now. The biggest differences i did through Vanilla and just now, time to kill and bad drops. It took longer to kill and it took way longer to get the drops you need for quests. I remember farming mobs in wetlands for a quest item and it literally took 40 mobs for a quest that is worth less than a bubble. So people can take their inefficiency, doesn't mean its more difficult or rewarding.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Classic caused a bigger popularity surge for WoW than BfA did during launch or any time after that. Just sayin.
    So did Warlords of Draenor and you see how that turned out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

For the first time since Cataclysm I sat around with a ton of guys and just played the game. We didn't do a raid or anything that required planning. We just sat around in discord and laughed and had a great time. If this is what classic will be like daily then I'll play it until BFA is a thing of the past and they launch the next expansion, and after doing the initial content, maybe even go back to classic or BC if they release it.

I don't. There's not much to look forward to in BFA atm unless you're doing prog in mythic.