Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    BfA has 504 servers. Classic has... ~40?
    And increasing by the day. They are also trying out different strategies for Classic such as substantially increasing individual server capacity to accommodate a larger number of players in each realm compared to live.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    NOTE: this is NOT a Classic vs. Retail bash thread, but a thread to get a gauge on the total number of players in Classic. Please focus on Classic.
    This is the exact definition of a Classic v Retail thread.

You have provided misleading data to the discussion to promote Classic which is clearly your side. Others have already listed the reasons why, I am pointing out the biggest lie in your OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

How high could the total number of Classic players be? BFA launched smoothly with 3.3 million players in the first 24 hours, with virtually no queues, crashes or anything like that. Yet Classic cannot cope with the sheer volume of players despite abusing the layering system and doing countless strategies to ensure a smooth run. So there must be even more players now on Classic than there was at BFA launch.

Queues to get into servers are upwards of tens of thousands, there are millions of viewers on streams across Twitch and all the Asian platforms, and it isn't even prime time in many countries yet.

Do you think it's possible that there are at least 5 million players in Classic right now? I wouldn't be surprised if it was even more than that to be honest. What are your thoughts?

NOTE: this is NOT a Classic vs. Retail bash thread, but a thread to get a gauge on the total number of players in Classic. Please focus on Classic.
    Retail has over 200 servers, classic has what 10% of that?

this empirically proves that classic has over 50billion ACTIVE users. congratulations classic for your massive success, 50 billion active users wow!

BfA had far (and I mean FAR) more servers at launch, and uses techniques such as sharding and CRZ to lighten server load, all things that Classic fans detest. So obviously it would suffer a lot less stress.

The small amount of launch servers for Classic was a design decision. Blizz knows that the retention rate over the coming months/years won't be very high and refused to spread players over many servers. Thus, between overloaded servers now and dead servers later, they chose the former. Which IMO is more akin to the spirit of Classic.

Doesn't help that tons of people flocked to popular realms and now complain about queues.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Yes but 1 classic realm can hold up 3x-4x of retail realm becouse game isny so demanding on hardware. So 20 populated classic realms = 60+ retail realms.
    Which is still less than 1/4th of retail realms. And it didn't have as many people doggedly insisting on logging into the same realm.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I think Pokemon Go had core issues and lacking some 'mandatory' features for a pokemon game, but yea, it's pretty obvious that this is the honeymoon week, the concurrent player number will go down by something as high as 90%.
    Pokemon Go is still one of the biggest mobile games after a 90% player drop-off.

But the "Vanilu was best game evur retale suks and blizzard suks" crowd is about as retarded as the "vanilla is sucks and NO ONE SHOULD LIKE IT" crowd.

I'd say it's just children.. But a large portion of the whining seems to all stem from people who supposedly played the game 15 years ago. So I've no idea why these flabby, rotting manchildren seem to think it's a retarded competition.

BfA launched with existing characters distributed all over the place.

Classic launched with basically everyone crammed into 6 tiny zones.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    He's just a troll. He don't get banned only because he doesn't attack people personally, just every few days makes thread that only purpose is to stir people up. Report and move on.
    This comment itself is very inflammatory, and has no intention other than stiring up trouble. If you don't have anything on topic to add, I suggest not commenting, and simply moving on.

On topic, bfa was probably easier to plan for, and the absolute vast majority of realms are waaaaay below full, so there is a massive buffer for the influx. This does not exist for classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes but 1 classic realm can hold up 3x-4x of retail realm becouse game isny so demanding on hardware. So 20 populated classic realms = 60+ retail realms.
    Source? Just remember, the classic servers never even got close to being full, they just reached blizzards limit they put in place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kreo View Post
    BfA launched smoothly? Maybe for a lower pop servers.
    On Stormrage US we started playing only after 6 hrs of downtime.
    I play in one of the highest pop realms in the game, and it was a flawless launch from a server perspective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    This stupid troll.

Every thread of him is just trolling and baiting. We really need the function to hide threads created from ignored users.
    That function exists. Just ignore it. You know you can do that, right?

On topic there seems to be a huge amount of disinformation and "fake news" about server limits, caps, queues, and blizzards intentions with the classic realms.

- - - Updated - - -

And increasing by the day. They are also trying out different strategies for Classic such as substantially increasing individual server capacity to accommodate a larger number of players in each realm compared to live.
    Can you confirm the "compared to live" part please

10+ Year Old Account
    Between the stats accumulated on Twitch and reddit and the comments made on Method's stream (more concurrent players than at any point in BFA's lifetime), I'd wager Classic's got more than a million, maybe more than two million even.

How high could the total number of Classic players be? BFA launched smoothly with 3.3 million players in the first 24 hours, with virtually no queues, crashes or anything like that. Yet Classic cannot cope with the sheer volume of players despite abusing the layering system and doing countless strategies to ensure a smooth run. So there must be even more players now on Classic than there was at BFA launch.

Queues to get into servers are upwards of tens of thousands, there are millions of viewers on streams across Twitch and all the Asian platforms, and it isn't even prime time in many countries yet.

Do you think it's possible that there are at least 5 million players in Classic right now? I wouldn't be surprised if it was even more than that to be honest. What are your thoughts?

Something very erroneous with your logic here, in just about everything.

retail has like 10 times as many servers as classic if not more

so yeah?

Four full realms at classic launch is like exact number of ppl that queue pet battles in BFA.Nothing impressive.
    The Man in Black: “They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.”
    Jacob: “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

i think 5 million is a low estimate.

Theres over 5 million players in stv on my server right now.

Look at it this way. Fotball is boring as fuck, yet 1/3rd of earths population watched the launch of the world championship.

And since classic is superfun, i think we are at least 5 or maybe 6 billion ppl playing right now.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think it was a pretty smooth Launch. Queues are just result of having no way of actually knowing how many would want to play. They can't assume every wow account would play and open as many servers to suit as you have the dead server issue, they responded to demand pretty quickly and people who have big queues have the option to move, but they're not taking it.

what? No.. that's not how servers work... servers only handle data management, movements and actions and information talked between computers... Has literally nothing to do with hardware specs for users...

Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    No this proves nothing. BFA has sharding which is like layering but with less people per layer, and infinite shards depending on number of players to completely remove any lag, while Classic allows far more people per layer because the intend to remove it. I could have more then 3 mil, but unless blizzard says so there is no proof.
    xDDD That's amazing. Have you been in Nazjatar during any PvP event? Either now or prior to changes. It's a fucking lagfest whenever a single 40 man group forms on a shard with a few more people around as extras. This system works like donkey shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    BfA has bajillion of servers.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    That function exists. Just ignore it. You know you can do that, right?
    How is a function that hides threads created from trolls equivalent to not responding to trolls??? 2 completly different things.

The BFA sales in the first 24 hours of 3.3 million.

https://investor.activision.com/news...orld-warcraftr
    sales != subs.
    sales can be as little as a sale of a box copy to a resaler like wal-mart.