Page 1 of 22
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Exclamation race to world first level 60 IN CLASSIC (NOT VANILLA)

    this is the thread to talk about who will get the first to level 60 in wow classic

    asmongold etc all seem out of the race already

    i currently see some path of exile players that show promising results (for example alkaizer)

    thoughts?
    Last edited by quite an expert in wow; 2019-08-28 at 11:50 AM.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

    giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

  2. #2
    Curious, is there any chart following the progress? Would be interesting to see how insane pace people are going.

  3. #3
    It's a strange race to be sure. Vanilla is a thing you do with others. There is little solo stuff to do. Most of the stuff that gives most of the XP you have to do with others because it's elite quests, like the ones in the Hinterlands, or dungeon quests which, naturally, cannot be soloed.

    It will be somewhat interesting to see who's first to 60. For me, it's more interesting to see which class. When I logged out last night some warrior, and warriors are considered bottom tier levelers, was the highest level on the server. Warriors past lvl 30 start becoming really good. And since the mobgrind can't happen due to the sheer amount of people camping mobs, classes like locks and mages and hunters are actually falling behind, or were, since there aren't enough mobs for them to grind.

    It will be interesting. Also, the time will be interesting. I'm excited to see if anyone pulls it of before the weekend.
    "DIE, INSECT!" - words to live by

  4. #4
    Does it count if I am still using my original character from vanilla?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogarash View Post
    It's a strange race to be sure. Vanilla is a thing you do with others. There is little solo stuff to do. Most of the stuff that gives most of the XP you have to do with others because it's elite quests, like the ones in the Hinterlands, or dungeon quests which, naturally, cannot be soloed.

    It will be somewhat interesting to see who's first to 60. For me, it's more interesting to see which class. When I logged out last night some warrior, and warriors are considered bottom tier levelers, was the highest level on the server. Warriors past lvl 30 start becoming really good. And since the mobgrind can't happen due to the sheer amount of people camping mobs, classes like locks and mages and hunters are actually falling behind, or were, since there aren't enough mobs for them to grind.

    It will be interesting. Also, the time will be interesting. I'm excited to see if anyone pulls it of before the weekend.
    you have some good points. i wonder if mages can start to gain faster xp when they reach higher levels (blizzard farming)

    i've watched a few streams and saw naohw (MDI / method player) doing a 4x mage 1x priest group, doing dungeons. they dont seem to fall behind far from warriors

    i guess in the long run it's mostly a question of who can play around 70 hours with little to no disconnects, and not a lot of sleep. grouping seems mandatory, yes
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

    giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Does it count if I am still using my original character from vanilla?
    Pretty sure you can't use your original vanilla character on classic servers.

  7. #7
    The Lightbringer starkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Planet Caravan
    Posts
    3,609
    It will either be some speedrunner or someone from Method.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

  8. #8
    There are a few in their 20s now. The dungeon grind has begun in earnest.

  9. #9
    So sometimes when I do /who I get people on my layer and sometimes I seem to get everyone...how do you tell?
    17 hazed on the Golemagg "cinematic": https://i.imgur.com/nlZM3cj.jpg

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    So sometimes when I do /who I get people on my layer and sometimes I seem to get everyone...how do you tell?
    i'm not sure, maybe you can't
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

    giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

  11. #11
    Useless imo. Dont really enjoy the whole journey by stresslvling.

  12. #12
    The Lightbringer Battlebeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    3,142
    I absolutely understand people like these races and want to try to get a personal achievement of reaching a world first goal.

    But some people, including me, has wished and waited for Blizzard to create these servers for 13 years (since the release of TBC I already missed vanilla), and when we finally have it, they rush through it and miss the experience? To me, while I can understand it, it's still madness :P

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I absolutely understand people like these races and want to try to get a personal achievement of reaching a world first goal.

    But some people, including me, has wished and waited for Blizzard to create these servers for 13 years (since the release of TBC I already missed vanilla), and when we finally have it, they rush through it and miss the experience? To me, while I can understand it, it's still madness :P
    Maybe they waited 13 years to have a chance to be world first lev60? That opportunity doesn't come around that often you know... compared to just leveling in slow and clam pace!

  14. #14
    The Lightbringer Battlebeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    3,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Maybe they waited 13 years to have a chance to be world first lev60? That opportunity doesn't come around that often you know... compared to just leveling in slow and clam pace!
    Maybe, though I doubt many people had regrets from vanilla that they didn't reach level 60 first :P back then, the realm/world first races wasn't nearly as big and important as of today.

  15. #15
    The Patient Darkynhalvos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mississippi, USA
    Posts
    266
    World firsts are well over, all you'll get now is Classic firsts.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I absolutely understand people like these races and want to try to get a personal achievement of reaching a world first goal.

    But some people, including me, has wished and waited for Blizzard to create these servers for 13 years (since the release of TBC I already missed vanilla), and when we finally have it, they rush through it and miss the experience? To me, while I can understand it, it's still madness :P
    A lot of the guys speed running haven't been waiting 13 years to play Vanilla again, they have been playing private servers for years and constantly re-playing the game with each big launch. Private servers are a bit like Diablo seasons, people always flock to the newest one and re-do the experience over again as they chase the ultimate vanilla, this is no different really.

    Even with that aside, for some people the whole enjoyable experience of gaming in general is through competitive or hardcore goals, like setting yourself a difficult task and giving it everything. I don't think it's madness, it's just a different way of experiencing it, people are the same in all aspects of life.
    I7 6700K : 16GB DDR4 3000 : GTX1070 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

  17. #17
    twitch.tv/leshraque lvl 28 hunter. Same guy trailing joana on his world record run.
    twitch.tv/ahmpy lvl 28 hunter

    highest I can find on twitch

    apparently there is a lvl 30 hunter on russian servers, someone with eu acc can /who?
    Last edited by zortport; 2019-08-27 at 03:10 PM.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by zortport View Post
    twitch.tv/leshraque lvl 28 hunter
    twitch.tv/ahmpy lvl 28 hunter

    highest I can find on twitch

    apparently there is a lvl 30 hunter on russian servers, someone with eu acc can /who?
    That's crazy, they are way ahead of the others.

  19. #19
    classics first worlds first happened 14 years ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

  20. #20
    joanna said on his stream he started almost 2 hours behind and doubted he could close the gap, but was hoping for a top 10 finish. also was aiming to get a new personal best in terms of /timeplayed and he might still be able to compete for that record.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •