Poll: Forgive the Horde?

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Maybe you should revisit the lore with more objectivity, instead of interpreting events or other's words as you see them over what was written. I don't think I blamed Teldrassil on one race, but I pointed out the Orcs and Forsaken since they are consistently antagonizing the Alliance the most severely. You could ask me to explain my thoughts instead of aggressively accusing me of things you assumed.
    My argument is. All races helped in this war including Teldrassil. Yet after Sylvanas props dies, just Orcs and Undead get actual punishment? That is the definition of raisin picking.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    The Alliance has been hunting trolls for years. Kul Tirans hounding the Darkspear several times and now the Zandalari.
    This is a conversation about what crimes the Alliance would have to forgive, not if they like them. The Alliance as of late has not pinned any major crime or presented severe disdain towards the Zandalari Empire or Darkspear. Even when Zul burned Stormwind, Anduin, Jaina, and Genn didn't pin that on Talanji.

There are VEs and HEs who didn't hesitate to help kill BEs in Dalaran, but that doesn't mean they are against reunification--as their leaders are currently clearly in favor of it. Although Umbric could be accused of not just wanting to unify, but to take over.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Don't dismantle it. Delete it.
    You do understand you can quit a franchise that is build up around the Horde vs Alliance conflict if your dislike those factions….
    Ppl asking to remove the core of a story is pretty funny in my view you dislike this franchise so mutch why not move on to something else? alot of MMOs out there have 1 big happy family fighting NPC villians till the end of time.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    You do understand you can quit a franchise that is build up around the Horde vs Alliance conflict if your dislike those factions….
    Ppl asking to remove the core of a story is pretty funny in my view you dislike this franchise so mutch why not move on to something else? alot of MMOs out there have 1 big happy family fighting NPC villians till the end of time.
    Being deleted is still better than being subjugated. I don't want to become Anduin's and Baine's lapdog just for enjoying kicking Alliance in their teeth. Screw that. Kill me instead.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    My argument is. All races helped in this war including Teldrassil. Yet after Sylvanas props dies, just Orcs and Undead get actual punishment? That is the definition of raisin picking.
    You assumed I'm only referring to Teldrassil, which I have already stated I am not. You can talk about cherry picking when there is any. My original comment even stated that Teldrassil if pinned solely on Sylvanas doesn't erase the lack of overall control the Horde suffers from.

Edit: I will also add that I didn't say only those two races should get punishment. The Horde's lack of control and the actions of those two races across the board is something that would be hard to or impossible to forgive at this point.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-08-28 at 01:37 PM.

Not to sound like a broken record but after Teldrassil the Alliance should be declaring open season on the Horde.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    This is a conversation about what crimes the Alliance would have to forgive, not if they like them. The Alliance as of late has not pinned any major crime or presented severe disdain towards the Zandalari Empire or Darkspear. Even when Zul burned Stormwind, Anduin, Jaina, and Genn didn't pin that on Talanji..
    Yet Talanji was incarcerated in Stormwind with no explanation why.

We might assume it was due to her being with Zul. Yet the Alliance never met him so...
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I wouldn't. Alliance shouldn't forgive the Horde and Horde shouldn't look for Alliance's forgiveness.

They've went too far with Teldrassil for anyone who doesn't possess divine tolerance like Our Treasure to forgive and now the whole moral lesson they've been so intent on setting us up is falling apart like a house of cards.

We might assume it was due to her being with Zul. Yet the Alliance never met him so...
    Or because the Zandalari Empire was at war with the Alliance, a war that they started in Cataclysm when King Rastakhan attempted to rebuild the troll empire of old. And the Alliance literally saw a Zandalari trying to lay siege to Ironforge. Go figure out why they seized the Zandalari princess when they had the chance.

They burned Teldrassil...

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryon21 View Post
    will you (Alliance players) accept and forgive them
    Will the Horde still exist? Then no!
    Once the Horde as a faction has been wiped out, I'll forgive them.

5+ Year Old Account

But Saurfang was also jailed by Anduin and released, despite being a legitimate war criminal to them. I wouldn't say the Zandalari are considered unforgivable just because of a jailing. And like you said, we don't know the exact details as to why. But imo, the Alliance has no major grievances to forgive with them unless they decided to pin all of Zul's antics on the current government. Even then, those are not the most heinous actions done between the factions. Talanji also sent people to go kill him and Zul tried to kill the reigning King, so it's easier to distance his faults from the empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupinemancer View Post
    Will the Horde still exist? Then no!
    Once the Horde as a faction has been wiped out, I'll forgive them.
    Good thing that this will never happen.

What boring franchise would this become with only the goodie goodie faction left.
    Picking flowers and following quest to find lost wedding rings lol.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Good thing that this will never happen.

What boring franchise would this become with only the goodie goodie faction left.
    Picking flowers and following quest to find lost wedding rings lol.
    A franchise the current team of writers would love very, very much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Friendly reminder: If you don't forgive horde, Christie Golden and Anduin will haunt you in your dreams. Forever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post

They burned Teldrassil...
    I know, it was gods work.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I know, it was gods work.
    Which god in Warcraft specifically?

after MoP and they do it again.. no way... they should be destroyed totally.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    After Teldrassil and Brennadam...no I don't, I know war is war and everything that comes with it but if the bleeding hearts within the horde had any balls they would've deposed that bitch the second Teldrassil burned.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Friendly reminder: If you don't forgive horde, Christie Golden and Anduin will haunt you in your dreams. Forever.
    I read her WoW-books, there's nothing more she can do to me.

Hell, I'm Horde and I won't forgive the other leaders for allowing this to happen, and won't forgive my character for being Sylvanas lapdog and bringing her a fucking XAL'ATATH even though I wasn't asked to do that.