Poll: Forgive the Horde?

Page 1 of 27
... LastLast

Alliance Would You Forgive The Horde?

If by the end of BfA the Alliance and the Horde make peace after a new Horde Warchief is chosen, will you (Alliance players) accept and forgive them after all Sylvanas made them do like Anduin probably would, or you would prefer to join a vengeful Tyrande and continue the war until they have lost as much as the night elves did?

Now that we now the result (which funnily happened almost as I said above), any new opinions?
    Last edited by Ryon21; 2019-09-25 at 11:51 PM.

I was already beyond the stage of forgiveness back in MoP. I wanted Varian to dismantle the herd like Jaina told him to. There is no way Blizzard is ever going to make me forgive the Horde. I'll have to fight alongside Horde characters/players when the next uber mega god of evil comes to get his ass kicked, but I certainly won't like it.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-08-28 at 12:17 PM.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    From an Alliance perspective the answer would probably be "no." I don't think what Sylvanas did to Teldrassil is forgivable, to be honest; though some in the Alliance may underscore a difference between the Horde's Warchief and put the lion's share of blame on Sylvanas and some may view the entire Horde as complicit in the act.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I main Horde, so won't vote, but from my perspective placing all guilt and responsibility on one person was already ridiculous in Mists, in BFA it's parody. The Alliance should not forgive the Horde.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Not really. The fact the Horde let another Garrosh incident occur and that Teldrassil burned is too much. No matter how much is pinned on Sylvanas, the Horde has proved twice to have absolutely no ability to control itself. I wouldn't, unless the Forsaken and Orcs were neutered or held to enforceable expectations.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

"Fool me once, shame on you; Fool me twice, shame on me", how many times has the Horde "fooled" the Alliance again by now?

Blaming the Warchief again doesn't fly either, just like with Garrosh, they were only all too eager to commit the atrocities for her.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    "Fool me once, shame on you; Fool me twice, shame on me", how many times has the Horde "fooled" the Alliance again by now?

Blaming the Warchief again doesn't fly either, just like with Garrosh, they were only all too eager to commit the atrocities for her.
    Pretty much this .

But since we the players don't matter everything gonna be forgiven and we gonna be all buddy buddy again .

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryon21 View Post
    If by the end of BfA the Alliance and the Horde make peace after a new Horde Warchief is chosen, will you (Alliance players) accept and forgive them after all Sylvanas made them do like Anduin probably would, or you would prefer to join a vengeful Tyrande and continue the war until they have lost as much as the night elves did?
    Yeah... this excuse isn't gonna fly. She didn't make them do anything in the sense that they were unwillingly forced. She ordered it and they happily complied. The only ones we've seen show any resistance are Baine and Saurfang, and even Lor'themar was basically on board until the Baine thing got out of hand. If I remember correctly, Lor'themar even states that the main bulk of the horde follows her willingly and supports her, and he's just hoping they will change their minds and stick with their racial leaders.

Hell even Saurfang was thrilled to start the war and go kill alliance, before it got messy in Darkshore and at Teldrassil.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

There needs to be a third option, concerning Sylvanas.

She has basically dictated all the atrocies stuff that happened. Most people in the Horde are just sheep, especially the Orcs always follow the one that can shout the loudest and swing the axe the hardest.

So yeah, I think the Horde in general can be forgiven, since stupidity is not yet a crime that earns you the death sentence and because we are not in the buisness of genocide against all the Horde races. Sylvanas must die though, no other chance.

I would mostly like the Horde to realize that always following the worst person they can find is a bad call, it has been with Garrosh and now with Sylvanas. No matter what the bloody Loa say, do not follow a person like that. Allowing the last Warchief to pick his successor without any chance to change that decision is stupid as we have seen two times now. Change your system. Learn from your mistakes.

I still miss the purge squads

Btw If Sylvanas dies or something, I think there is no reason to continue the war.
    I mean, most of the horde leaders are quite rational. Especially Lor'themar and the zandalari and nightborne chicks. Saurfang and Baine are ok too.
    The only problem here is the forsaken - I am not sure if the problem is the forsaken as a whole, or just Sylvanas, but whatever.

Well who cares. In the end I just want Sylvanas to be ruined by Bolvar. That would be rather ironic.
    Last edited by Papzer; 2019-08-28 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Not really. The fact the Horde let another Garrosh incident occur and that Teldrassil burned is too much. No matter how much is pinned on Sylvanas, the Horde has proved twice to have absolutely no ability to control itself. I wouldn't, unless the Forsaken and Orcs were neutered or held to enforceable expectations.
    What has this to do with just Orcs and Forsaken again? Stop picking raisins. ALL Horde races including Elves and Tauren. You only give them a free pass cuz Baine constantly bootlicks Anduin and Jaina.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Papzer View Post
    I still miss the purge squads

Btw If Sylvanas dies or something, I think there is no reason to continue the war.
    I mean, most of the horde leaders are quite rational. Especially Lor'themar and the zandalari and nightborne chicks. Saurfang and Baine are ok too.
    The only problem here is the forsaken - I am not sure if the problem is the forsaken as a whole, or just Sylvanas, but whatever.
    Why should the Zandalari want peace? Their attack on their lands is much more fresh than even Teldrassil. Alliance killed their king(Narrative implies it was Jaina), plundered their vaults, killed sacred figures of their gods/Loa and sunk their entire fleet they are so proud of. If Talanji doesn't want to risk an uprising from an angry mob she will acceptno peace until at least the headfigures of the attack are dead. See IRL history for comparable situations. Not to mention the big hole teared into the Palace pyramid and Dark Iron dwarfs going rampage in the civil parts of the city.
    Last edited by Grazrug; 2019-08-28 at 01:06 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    What has this to do with just Orcs and Forsaken again? Stop picking raisins. ALL Horde races including Elves and Tauren. You only give them a free pass cuz Baine constantly bootlicks Anduin and Jaina.
    Considering the question, it does.

I give them a pass because the Alliance at the moment has no major conflict with the others. Alliance HEs/VEs want to bring BEs into the Alliance, the NEs are friendly with the Tauren whose leader is friends with Alliance members, the Trolls have no racial leader but the Alliance hold no major or significant animosity towards the Darkspear or Zandalari.

The Alliance consistently have the most problems with Orcs and Forsaken. That's not picking raisins. Downplaying their conflict and equating it to the negligible hostilities held towards the other races is.

I give them a pass because the Alliance at the moment has no major conflict with the others. Alliance HEs/VEs want to bring BEs into the Alliance, the NEs are friendly with the Tauren whose leader is friends with Alliance members, the Trolls have no racial leader but the Alliance hold no major or significant animosity towards the Darkspear or Zandalari.

The Alliance consistently have the most problems with Orcs and Forsaken. That's not picking raisins. Downplaying their conflict and equating it to the negligible hostilities held towards the other races is.
    Cuz you picking raisins on favorites you want on your own team. Lmao that hypocrisy is amazing All races helped with Teldrassil. Period.

- - - Updated - - -

the NEs are friendly with **the Tauren whose leader is friends with Alliance members**,
    SO favoritism because bootlicking is a thing. Again. Blizzard did an amazing job with that plot it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryon21 View Post
    If by the end of BfA the Alliance and the Horde make peace after a new Horde Warchief is chosen
    WTF peace with the Alliance F that.
    Dont know your sources but the boy king can get lost with his peace crap.

Also you do understand the title of this franchise dont you? we never had peace before ever even at the end of WC3 with the Rexxar campaign.
    Peace is boring and is very weak plot in a gaming franchise like this one. And peace makes 0 sense after the long history of the Horde and Alliance and the recent history that took place in BfA.
    Last edited by tromage2; 2019-08-28 at 01:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas didn't make them do anything. The ones loyal to her are... Well... Loyal.
    The horde is always looking for excuses for their behavior. First it's the demon blood, at least for orcs (disproven since the WoD orcs are happily bloodthirsty without it), then it's Garrosh, then it's Sylvanas. What will be next?

There would be no point in forgiving because they will just go back to it when the first occasion comes.

7+ Year Old Account
    the Alliance hold no major or significant animosity towards the Darkspear or Zandalari.
    The Alliance has been hunting trolls for years. Kul Tirans hounding the Darkspear several times and now the Zandalari.

Regarding the OP: I'm Horde and I wouldn't forgive the Horde. Let it be dismantled. We reached the point of a meme.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    The Alliance has been hunting trolls for years. Kul Tirans hounding the Darkspear several times and now the Zandalari.

Regarding the OP: I'm Horde and I wouldn't forgive the Horde. Let it be dismantled. We reached the point of a meme.
    Don't dismantle it. Delete it. No raisin picking regarding Tauren or Elfs. We only have peace for us in Warcraft 3 Reforged, once the major picking point of Alliance crying is gone for good and for everyone's health. Alliance doesn't deserve Bloodelfs in their team. Period.

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't dismantle it. Delete it. No raisin picking regarding Tauren or Elfs. We only have peace for us in Warcraft 3 Reforged, once the major picking point of Alliance crying is gone for good and for everyone's health. Alliance doesn't deserve Bloodelfs in their team. Period.
    I don't want the Horde races to be Alliance.

If it were up to me, the factions would dissapear and every race would do whatever they wanted without being tied down to a crappy Warchief or the peaceful amalgamation of non-toxic masculinity that is Anduin
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

5+ Year Old Account
    Cuz you picking raisins on favorites you want on your own team. Lmao that hypocrisy is amazing All races helped with Teldrassil. Period.
    Maybe you should revisit the lore with more objectivity, instead of interpreting events or other's words as you see them over what was written. I don't think I blamed Teldrassil on one race, but I pointed out the Orcs and Forsaken since they are consistently antagonizing the Alliance the most severely. You could ask me to explain my thoughts instead of aggressively accusing me of things you assumed.

B-b-but the Horde is so sad about it and Sylvanas is so unbelievably mean and evil. We couldn't do a thing against her stupid lol-evilness. Its all her fault. She is too scary! Please save and don't hurt us, oh endlessly good and benevolent Alliance overlords.