Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
23
... LastLast
  1. #241
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    99,999999% of the people i meet in the world of modern wow are from another server and cant trade with them though.

    But is not only the ability to trade with anyone in Classic that makes the commmunity.
    Is everything else that comes up with having just one server, no queues, no teleports, no automation.
    When I am in non warmode I would estimate as many as 9 of 10 players are from the same server as me, and sharding works that it try to get as many from the same server into the same shard.

    Bit different story with warmode off, there it's more like 2 of 10. But that's probably because we share with Draenor EU(ironically my horde chars are on that one) so at least 7 of 10 players on my shard are hordies. Can't trade them anyway! :P

    I think the issue in warmode is warmode itself, not sharding. And my server is originally a pve server so not that many interested to go and do pvp anyway. Either way, your point about it's easier to trade others is valid imo, it is easier. I just don't think sharding in non-warmode is that bad at all.
    - I will never be the Legion's pawn. And this tower will not be its den!

    Best Mage ever lived!

  2. #242
    lol half the answers didn't get the question...you guys didn't QUIT, you just logged off...OP is asking why did you quit classic already, we don't care if you don't play 24/7...we care why you don't wanna play Classic anymore.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, Marksmanship Hunter

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    People cant accept that others are happy with something that they dont like i guess.
    I don't think it's that petty. I think people realize that Classic is, in fact, a litany of testimonies against the problems retail has.

    It's like seeing your ex and realizing she's hotter than your new girl, and in fact happier without you. You can't just go "I'm so happy for you!" because it's an implicit exposure of your own fault.

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    I don't think it's that petty. I think people realize that Classic is, in fact, a litany of testimonies against the problems retail has.

    It's like seeing your ex and realizing she's hotter than your new girl, and in fact happier without you. You can't just go "I'm so happy for you!" because it's an implicit exposure of your own fault.
    I think it goes both ways.

    For some, Classic is a litany of testimonies against the problems Retail has, and admitting that you're happy people are playing Classic means some people have to admit that their choice has faults that drove them away.

    Conversely, Retail's quality of life changes and overall polish both mechanically and visually are a testimony against the problems Classic has, and admitting that you're happy people are playing Retail means some people have to admit that their choice has faults that keep them away.

    TLDR; "You're not allowed to be as happy as me, you're not on my side!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.
    I can hear the REE from here.
    Quote Originally Posted by cronotose View Post
    The winner is not always the bad ass.

  5. #245
    It's pretty much as expected for me at least.
    Nostalgic for a while, but then I realised, I've been here and done this before. It's not quite the same the second time around.
    I'm glad that people who weren't playing wow back then, can experience it now, as it is unique first time around.

  6. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Something more inconvenient to do is inherently more difficult than something that is not inconvenient at all (modern wow)

    I died 30 times playing classic wow...were my deaths "fake" deaths?
    More inconvenient does not mean more difficult, for one...it simply means it's more inconvenient.

    Having to take a bunch of side streets with stop signs, additional traffic, pot holes, really long red lights and a bunch of construction vs a relatively traffic free highway doesn't mean driving is more difficult on one than the other. That, to me, is the difference between Classic and Retail.

    What do the number of deaths have anything to do with difficulty in this respect? You can die in Retail WoW when you pull too much now, happened to me all the time in Nazjatar with a low ilevel, trying to get from objective to objective without having to kill every fucking thing every 5 feet in between. It wasn't until I got to about ilevel 400 on my Warlock when I didn't have any trouble at all taking on more than 5 or so mobs (highly dependent on the type, most were fine at 6+, some Naga were just a pain and hit like trucks so fighting that many was problematic), before that I had a very real risk of dying if I didn't pay attention, use cooldowns appropriately and kite in some situations if I was fighting as few as 5, sometimes less depending on the mob and what abilities they had.

    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Several? You can pull 10+ mobs pop cds and kill them in <10sec....
    without CD's you can still pull 10+ but it will take a bit longer + you will have to heal yourself or kite mobs....
    Depends on the class, spec and your ilevel. Insinuating that every class and spec can do it without any disclaimer about having a high ilevel is a ridiculous overstatement. Tanks are the only ones that have it that easy while leveling. Once you're sufficiently over geared, of course this is the case, but that's the same thing as going to a lower level zone in Classic and pulling a large group.

  7. #247
    I had to stop to eat and sleep.

  8. #248
    because i've already did that in the past, i played wow since alpha, beta, i'Ve stopped the game 6 month ago because it is a shit game now

    i've played classic for 2 days, yeap it was fun to see all the people in the starting zone, but i already experienced that in the past, my guild was the first one to open aq door on my server, we have fully raided everything until bfa

    so redo the same thing in classic ? nope lol, classic was boring and a grinding game after the discovery, i let the others players experience that if they want, for myself im going back to others game i have to discover

  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    If you pull a big amount of trash both in classic dungeon, and in bfa's high mythic+ without any strategy whatsoever - you are likely to wipe in both cases ( especially during some nasty affix week ).
    You didn't need to have much skill whatsoever to do raids in vanila. You had to have 40 people who spent long ass time getting prepared and deal with 1-2 boss mechanics. BTW addons existed back then, though they were not needed much - raids were too simple compared to what we have nowadays ( pretty much everyone agrees on it, Vanilla wasn't hard when it came to raid mechanics - it was hard coz you needed to bring 40 ppl who didn't go afk and spent time beforehand running dungeons to get the gear they need, and i am not even talking about consumables )
    The point is you couldnt really pull everything you see in classic without tactics while in Bfa or Legion you could.
    You did, because one mistake and it could wipe entire raid, same as in BfA and other expansions. Yes there were addons but not as much as we have now, now you can time cds to ms in order to survive.....

  10. #250
    Spam Assassin! MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tralfamadore
    Posts
    29,896
    It's perfectly OK to try out a game and then if you don't care for it, quit. It doesn't need to be psycho-analysed or anything.
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Depends on the class, spec and your ilevel. Insinuating that every class and spec can do it without any disclaimer about having a high ilevel is a ridiculous overstatement. Tanks are the only ones that have it that easy while leveling. Once you're sufficiently over geared, of course this is the case, but that's the same thing as going to a lower level zone in Classic and pulling a large group.
    Ofc it depends on class, the point is not only when lvl-ing the point is at max level as well. You simply can't die ( not unless u pull 10 elites ) if you have cds and you control fight to some degree....
    While leveling you can pull 4-5+ mobs and not die while in vanilla that is not the case.

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    The point is you couldnt really pull everything you see in classic without tactics while in Bfa or Legion you could.
    You did, because one mistake and it could wipe entire raid, same as in BfA and other expansions. Yes there were addons but not as much as we have now, now you can time cds to ms in order to survive.....
    That point is pretty much false. Hop on retail, go to a dungeon with a fresh 120 character and try pulling everything inside a mythic dungeon. We both know what will happen. And if you think that interrupting casts is not a thing in BFA - oh boy
    Difference is - you had almost nothing going on, so to make that mistake - you had to be afk pretty much. While in Retail you have quite a lot of different things to watch out for, your dps/healing thing to do and so on. You can't possibly compare raids in Vanilla vs raids in Retail.

  13. #253
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Ofc it depends on class, the point is not only when lvl-ing the point is at max level as well. You simply can't die ( not unless u pull 10 elites ) if you have cds and you control fight to some degree....
    While leveling you can pull 4-5+ mobs and not die while in vanilla that is not the case.
    That’s because you start the expansion raid geared or the equivalent. While there are classes out there that will have no problem killing in lvling greens and blues aka hunters/locks. Others are not so lucky. For legion I leveled an alliance mage to do the mage tower, in quest blues two mobs were my limit. People are lvling in in mostly greens right now in classic so things are harder to kill (not counting the elite stuff which would be a challenge even in blues). At max lvl after you down some raids and things will go back to being two shots just like retail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

  14. #254
    Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    That point is pretty much false. Hop on retail, go to a dungeon with a fresh 120 character and try pulling everything inside a mythic dungeon. We both know what will happen. And if you think that interrupting casts is not a thing in BFA - oh boy
    Difference is - you had almost nothing going on, so to make that mistake - you had to be afk pretty much. While in Retail you have quite a lot of different things to watch out for, your dps/healing thing to do and so on. You can't possibly compare raids in Vanilla vs raids in Retail.
    I was saying while leveling!
    I never said it wasn't I said you can ignore it in most of the cases.
    I never said, i said that you couldnt make that many mistakes an recover.

    And have you tried leveling in both and you wanna tell me it is easier in classic?

  15. #255
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    I was saying while leveling!
    I never said it wasn't I said you can ignore it in most of the cases.
    I never said, i said that you couldnt make that many mistakes an recover.

    And have you tried leveling in both and you wanna tell me it is easier in classic?
    Ah, while leveling. Then forget it. Retail WoW is no longer about having difficulties while leveling, the whole point is endgame, and been like that for quite a while. I even hope they shorten the leveling time when next expansion hits, it is tedious and not really needed nowadays.

  16. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    I was saying while leveling!
    I never said it wasn't I said you can ignore it in most of the cases.
    I never said, i said that you couldnt make that many mistakes an recover.

    And have you tried leveling in both and you wanna tell me it is easier in classic?
    I'd say it's way easier to level in classic, but then again i was there in Prepatch WoD dungeon levelling which was a whole other level. The only reason why people can't sprint through the shit is because of ability limitations and even then we have melee cleave for dungeon speedrunning.

  17. #257
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    162
    OMG Classic's only been out a few days and people are dropping it already? WTF? Jesus. >:|

  18. #258
    It's boring and tidious. Done it once, not gonna do it again. Quit after level 16

    Those who are having fun enjoy it.

  19. #259
    Burning Crusade released
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

  20. #260
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    386
    So many sour grapes every where. Why even try to stur up shit and enjoy the fact that people are flocking back to a MMO game instead?

    If you like retail play retail.
    If you like classic play classic.

    If you look down upon anyone for playing either its about time you re-evaluate your own life.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •