Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ...
13
21
22
23
24
25
... LastLast
  1. #441
    Pandaren Monk Chrno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Westland
    Posts
    1,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    - Slow leveling
    - Hundred Players tagging one mob/vein/flower/whatever
    - Slow Battles
    - Boring as fuck
    - Not enough QoL

    Just as expected.
    If that's what you expected, why did you even start ;p
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

    "The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

  2. #442
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostnet View Post
    Thats literally wow tho, if oyu cant enjoy the progression and social aspects of the game that make it what it is, you probs shouldnt be playing anyway
    Maybe he enjoys the progression that retail offers? you know, progressing through a raid tier with your guild since retail raids actually need braincells.

  3. #443
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    If that's what you expected, why did you even start ;p
    Probably because of the people constantly yelling at his face how classic is not like that.

  4. #444
    I find people quitting over queues very entertaining. If you don't want to sit in a queue, play another server. Literally any reason you can give me for wanting to play on a full server does not count. You chose to sit in a queue, don't complaint about it.


    addons
    weakauras
    Lua Wall of Shame
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

  5. #445
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Literally any reason you can give me for wanting to play on a full server does not count.
    So you just wanted to tell everyone that whoever disagrees with you, is automatically wrong?

  6. #446
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    I find people quitting over queues very entertaining. If you don't want to sit in a queue, play another server. Literally any reason you can give me for wanting to play on a full server does not count. You chose to sit in a queue, don't complaint about it.
    No one likes queues, and people can be afraid of ending in a dead server, shocking i know.

  7. #447
    1) The nostalgia wore off quickly. Granted, I didn't start WoW until before patch 3.3.5, but anyway...
    2) Slogging it old-school doesn't appeal to me when I'm a demi-god in retail and can fly!
    3) I want to look towards the future, not dwell on the past!!!

  8. #448
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    No one likes queues, and people can be afraid of ending in a dead server, shocking i know.
    If every player willing to move servers actually moved servers, they wouldn't be on a dead server. It's like an entire sinking cruise ship is full of people not wanting to leave for the nearby island because they're afraid of being alone on the island.

    The amount of people sitting in queue during peak times on Herod could fill an entire server, but no, people are stupidly stubborn.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    So you just wanted to tell everyone that whoever disagrees with you, is automatically wrong?

    I meant excuses like "my guild is here" is irrelevant. You still choose to sit in a queue, regardless of reason.


    addons
    weakauras
    Lua Wall of Shame
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

  9. #449
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    1) The nostalgia wore off quickly.
    Granted, I didn't start WoW until before patch 3.3.5.
    Nostalgia for what you didn't even experience in the first place - I see your point.

  10. #450
    Because in the 2 hours I can play a day I don't feel like waiting for a queue or farming 2+ hours the same mobs with a irrelevant low drop rate for the quest I'm at.

  11. #451
    Simple. I can't invest that amount of time into leveling only. Got to level 30.. it was fun, but now university started again it's just impossible to keep up

  12. #452
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    If that's what you expected, why did you even start ;p
    because nostalgia duh

    i wont lie - example - i came in fully prepared knowing its gonna be really bad. but damn i forgot it was that bad

    atm left my warrior on 21 level and back to retail nejoying hc warfronts . and planing to finish leveling 2-3 allience alts while he builds up rested xp maybe gonna level up lock/mage a bit in classic too to like 8-10 level before returning to warrior .
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2019-09-09 at 12:49 PM.

  13. #453
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    I meant excuses like "my guild is here" is irrelevant. You still choose to sit in a queue, regardless of reason.
    Have you ever heard of the words "friends" and "family"? Yes? Well that is a damn good reason to suffer through queues, I know you probably play everything alone but the vast majority have social connections they want to spend time with.

    Before you respond, I am a solo player myself on a "dead" server. Yet I can see reason and logic, unlike you apparently.

  14. #454
    I wanted to experience leveling 1- 60 again and after I hit 60 I found the whole thing was quite boring so I moved on to other games / back to retail.

  15. #455
    Every QoL issue that has been fixed since Vanilla......that's why. Not going to let nostalgia over spellstones and talent trees force me into overlooking every glaring issue with the game.
    Last edited by blankfaced; 2019-09-09 at 12:59 PM.
    I'm a thread killer.

  16. #456
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderatelol View Post
    This is my opinion and in no way am i trying to force it on anybody or say that my opinion is correct for anybody other than myself.

    I played back in Vanilla and enjoyed it, however i'm not interested in going back. Literally everything about it takes too long, classes are imbalanced and have boring rotations and the game has tons of other quality of life issues. This is a game i've played for the better part of 15 years and I play for challenging end-game PvE content (primarily high m+) and I like collecting things as well, both which Retail provides me more of than Classic. I also like having a few alts that are close to max-geared so that I have variety, i do not play these alts to level through Winterspring for the 100th time, I play them to do end-game content on, which retail provides a more accessible way of doing this.

    People say "go back to bfa classic too hard" - Classic isn't hard, it's inconvenient in several areas causing it to take a lot of time. I have a lot of time, i'm 24 self-employed and single w/ no kids and plenty of income but i'd rather spend my time doing something that I find fun rather than spending 30 minutes on 1 quest that requires "3 bear paws, 3 spider ichors and 3 boar tongues" which should be about 10-15 kills, but instead takes 60 kills. This is not what i'd consider to be fun.

    All-in-all i've experienced it already and it's not as fun a second time through to me. If you enjoy it, i'm very glad that you can now play it in a fashion in which you don't have to worry about the servers going down, i'm happy that it's official for you, but I guess it's just not my cup of tea :P.
    the other day i did a quest in darkshore to collect some stuff and it took me like 1 hour to collect 7 quest items and died several times but i felt so relaxed and i enjoyed the grind, talking to people and collecting herbs from time to time.
    to do this thing in retail would find it boring as f..k ), so this is the thing i like in classic most and when you get an item you felt you worked to get it.

  17. #457
    I haven’t completely abandoned it yet but I’ll probably do very soon.

    I am level 43 atm and after level 40 the slowdown is very noticeable. It’s not like I didn’t know what to expect but since I am one of those “I’ve already done it, why should I bother” types I am very likely to drop off soon.

  18. #458
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Have you ever heard of the words "friends" and "family"? Yes? Well that is a damn good reason to suffer through queues, I know you probably play everything alone but the vast majority have social connections they want to spend time with.

    Before you respond, I am a solo player myself on a "dead" server. Yet I can see reason and logic, unlike you apparently.
    You're right, it's a great reason to suffer through queues, but not a valid reason to complain about them. If they don't like the queues, they get their friends and family to move.

    Like I said, they still choose to sit through the queue. It's their fault the queue exists, not Blizzard's. Blizzard played it safe with minimum amount of servers, the player base is killing itself by not spreading out.


    addons
    weakauras
    Lua Wall of Shame
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

  19. #459
    Herald of the Titans Alex86el's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Greece-EU
    Posts
    2,620
    i know a couple friends

    because of the queues, they waited so long there were days they didnt even play, or they played like an hour tops.
    so the rest of the friends leveled and they got left behind. and boosting someone hinders xp.

    because there are so many more horde you cant quest, and they dont like spamming dungeons.

    because the leveling seemed tedious to them.

  20. #460
    Quote Originally Posted by Muxtar View Post
    Nostalgia for what you didn't even experience in the first place - I see your point.
    Well, I started in 3.0 and I'm nostalgic for the old questing. The xp rate was much higher and all the elite areas had been nerfed to regular mobs (but still often with higher density) but overall it was still close enough. Definitely don't regret only starting in Wrath though, it's a fun experience in it's own way. Definitely nostalgic for talent trees, at least while I'm still leveling.

    During Wrath, the game was still closer to Vanilla than retail is right now to Wrath, and I don't "just" mean in terms of overall time.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •