Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    1) The nostalgia wore off quickly. Granted, I didn't start WoW until before patch 3.3.5, but anyway...
    2) Slogging it old-school doesn't appeal to me when I'm a demi-god in retail and can fly!
    3) I want to look towards the future, not dwell on the past!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    No one likes queues, and people can be afraid of ending in a dead server, shocking i know.
    If every player willing to move servers actually moved servers, they wouldn't be on a dead server. It's like an entire sinking cruise ship is full of people not wanting to leave for the nearby island because they're afraid of being alone on the island.

The amount of people sitting in queue during peak times on Herod could fill an entire server, but no, people are stupidly stubborn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    So you just wanted to tell everyone that whoever disagrees with you, is automatically wrong?

I meant excuses like "my guild is here" is irrelevant. You still choose to sit in a queue, regardless of reason.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    1) The nostalgia wore off quickly.
    Granted, I didn't start WoW until before patch 3.3.5.
    Nostalgia for what you didn't even experience in the first place - I see your point.

Because in the 2 hours I can play a day I don't feel like waiting for a queue or farming 2+ hours the same mobs with a irrelevant low drop rate for the quest I'm at.

Simple. I can't invest that amount of time into leveling only. Got to level 30.. it was fun, but now university started again it's just impossible to keep up

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    If that's what you expected, why did you even start ;p
    because nostalgia duh

i wont lie - example - i came in fully prepared knowing its gonna be really bad. but damn i forgot it was that bad

atm left my warrior on 21 level and back to retail nejoying hc warfronts . and planing to finish leveling 2-3 allience alts while he builds up rested xp maybe gonna level up lock/mage a bit in classic too to like 8-10 level before returning to warrior .
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2019-09-09 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    I meant excuses like "my guild is here" is irrelevant. You still choose to sit in a queue, regardless of reason.
    Have you ever heard of the words "friends" and "family"? Yes? Well that is a damn good reason to suffer through queues, I know you probably play everything alone but the vast majority have social connections they want to spend time with.

Before you respond, I am a solo player myself on a "dead" server. Yet I can see reason and logic, unlike you apparently.

I wanted to experience leveling 1- 60 again and after I hit 60 I found the whole thing was quite boring so I moved on to other games / back to retail.

Every QoL issue that has been fixed since Vanilla......that's why. Not going to let nostalgia over spellstones and talent trees force me into overlooking every glaring issue with the game.
    Last edited by blankfaced; 2019-09-09 at 12:59 PM.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderatelol View Post
    This is my opinion and in no way am i trying to force it on anybody or say that my opinion is correct for anybody other than myself.

I played back in Vanilla and enjoyed it, however i'm not interested in going back. Literally everything about it takes too long, classes are imbalanced and have boring rotations and the game has tons of other quality of life issues. This is a game i've played for the better part of 15 years and I play for challenging end-game PvE content (primarily high m+) and I like collecting things as well, both which Retail provides me more of than Classic. I also like having a few alts that are close to max-geared so that I have variety, i do not play these alts to level through Winterspring for the 100th time, I play them to do end-game content on, which retail provides a more accessible way of doing this.

People say "go back to bfa classic too hard" - Classic isn't hard, it's inconvenient in several areas causing it to take a lot of time. I have a lot of time, i'm 24 self-employed and single w/ no kids and plenty of income but i'd rather spend my time doing something that I find fun rather than spending 30 minutes on 1 quest that requires "3 bear paws, 3 spider ichors and 3 boar tongues" which should be about 10-15 kills, but instead takes 60 kills. This is not what i'd consider to be fun.

All-in-all i've experienced it already and it's not as fun a second time through to me. If you enjoy it, i'm very glad that you can now play it in a fashion in which you don't have to worry about the servers going down, i'm happy that it's official for you, but I guess it's just not my cup of tea :P.
    the other day i did a quest in darkshore to collect some stuff and it took me like 1 hour to collect 7 quest items and died several times but i felt so relaxed and i enjoyed the grind, talking to people and collecting herbs from time to time.
    to do this thing in retail would find it boring as f..k ), so this is the thing i like in classic most and when you get an item you felt you worked to get it.

I haven’t completely abandoned it yet but I’ll probably do very soon.

I am level 43 atm and after level 40 the slowdown is very noticeable. It’s not like I didn’t know what to expect but since I am one of those “I’ve already done it, why should I bother” types I am very likely to drop off soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Have you ever heard of the words "friends" and "family"? Yes? Well that is a damn good reason to suffer through queues, I know you probably play everything alone but the vast majority have social connections they want to spend time with.

Before you respond, I am a solo player myself on a "dead" server. Yet I can see reason and logic, unlike you apparently.
    You're right, it's a great reason to suffer through queues, but not a valid reason to complain about them. If they don't like the queues, they get their friends and family to move.

Like I said, they still choose to sit through the queue. It's their fault the queue exists, not Blizzard's. Blizzard played it safe with minimum amount of servers, the player base is killing itself by not spreading out.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

10+ Year Old Account
    i know a couple friends

because of the queues, they waited so long there were days they didnt even play, or they played like an hour tops.
    so the rest of the friends leveled and they got left behind. and boosting someone hinders xp.

because there are so many more horde you cant quest, and they dont like spamming dungeons.

because the leveling seemed tedious to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Muxtar View Post
    Nostalgia for what you didn't even experience in the first place - I see your point.
    Well, I started in 3.0 and I'm nostalgic for the old questing. The xp rate was much higher and all the elite areas had been nerfed to regular mobs (but still often with higher density) but overall it was still close enough. Definitely don't regret only starting in Wrath though, it's a fun experience in it's own way. Definitely nostalgic for talent trees, at least while I'm still leveling.

During Wrath, the game was still closer to Vanilla than retail is right now to Wrath, and I don't "just" mean in terms of overall time.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

10+ Year Old Account
    I expected it to be boring, but saw many people expecting the same coming around and enjoy themselves. So I guessed, why not give it a try? I played 3 sessions until lvl 9. I still think it is extremely boring. I expected the community to at least be marginally better, but it really wasn't. Many people didn't care about grouping up for quests, and people would ignore me if they saw me dying to a mob. Some didn't even reply a simple "hello". I'm not saying I will never play this again, but it isn't a replacement for BFA for me.

(I started playing WoW when Vanilla came out, only had short breaks in between)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Dark Souls is not difficult, its time consuming
    Ninja Gaiden is not difficult, its time consuming

LoL, all your examples in first sentence are not difficult, are just time consuming.

People like you spaming this nonsense argument that vanilla leveling is not harder than retail are derpy.

The fact remains.
    Vanilla leveling is harder than retail
    Nope, just time consuming.
    I'm a thread killer.

I've played Vanilla before when it launched back in 2005 for EU. Given I didn't know as much as I know now, I still raided everything it had to offer. Not that am not having fun playing it, but I only have 5-6 hours a day to play and spending 5 of them in the queue because of my guilds server choice isn't really letting me play.

I ain't complaining though, I'm happy with the experience, I just dont have time to play. And with Borderlands 3 coming on Friday.. I probably wont touch classic in a good while.

10+ Year Old Account
    After waiting 15 minutes, I zoned in, found 400 people in the Orc starting area. Didn't feel like dealing with that, logged out. Haven't bothered to go back yet.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    How did they botch this? Genuinely asking. They’ve already increased the layering and server capacity beyond the original plan.
    1. Shouldn't have gone live with any queues. Should have blocked character creation once the realm was full or something. (I know it is more complicated than that since everyone doesn't always play at the same time, but at launch they do). Servers seem to be fine with the increased capacity, so why was it set so low for the first week?

2. Even if layers are kinda shitty at endgame with the handful of people there, as a level 15-20ish right now, I still have to wait in line to tag quest mobs, which is dumb. I know, vanilla experience and whatnot. They boxed themselves in with layers being the whole world, because there aren't enough at low levels and too many at high levels.

Both of these things are how "it is supposed to be" but they're also really shitty and why Blizzard knew classic was doomed to fail before they did it. "You think you want it, but you don't".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    its a bit slower than leveling from 1 - 120 without heirlooms and other buffs
    And? It can be frustrating but respawns are faster than back in vanilla
    Because pulling 10 mobs and killing them in 5 sec is fun.....
    Maybe to you....
    Beats BfA hands down
    Read the above
    Create Team Viewer account, dont shut down comp and like 2 hours before you are coming back from work check it from your mobile device. Login if you see queue of 10k cool, by the time you come you will probably be logged or within in of logging.
    What kind of addons are you talking about, atm im using same ones I used in vanilla... and that is 3-4 when i start raiding ill use ones I used 14 years ago
    And as for why i stopped playing its becasue i had to get up from chair since my ass was killing me.
    I don't plan to stop, community is much better, I can actually die, I have to watch out on what i do, I need to plan ahead so i don't lose 1g I made and can't learn new talents...
    Fuck, BfA is like a kids game compared to classic/vanilla.
    Can you imagine being so far into white knighting that you're come to feedback threats like this to flamebait people?
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    I ain't complaining though, I'm happy with the experience, I just dont have time to play. And with Borderlands 3 coming on Friday.. I probably wont touch classic in a good while.
    Yeah WoW in general is probably going back on the shelf for a bit for Borderlands
    Putin khuliyo