Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    There is just WAY too much down time in Classic. Im level 37 and i find myself spending most of my time running between zones and not really "playing" much. I liked the activity before, but it just stops me from playing for long periods and it made me take a long break last week. Its just dranning to not have objectives or objectives that are not close.

I actually started leveling in Retail and while it does have its own problems, such as deadzones, where levels give you nothing, but i do find it a bit more enjoyable to put 3+ hours into at the time.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigald View Post
    Yeah, it's not great that it's not there by default but that's another tool quite useful that seems to be a blocker for many here

Regarding questing in group, it's more tedious for items collection quest but it's globally easier as a group and the game is pushing for group play to
    iirc, it actually was enabled by default at first, but people were using it as a global general chat (so it got pretty toxic, lots of trolling, etc). So it basically became a global Barrens Chat, and Blizzard changed it to be off by default as part of a hotfix.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Tired of constantly having to do quests 3 or 4 levels above me because I've exhausted all the ones my own level due to constantly having to group and getting 20% XP for mob kills...
    During Vanilla I played Horde, and have continued to play Horde as my main into BFA. With Classic, I chose to go Alliance. I have leveled one Alliance character, but that was started in MOP through Legion.

Not knowing much on the Alliance side, I decided to use a quest guide so I didn't miss anything. It's shown me where to go and some areas I didn't realize would have quests. It's been very helpful. I've also done dungeons at level, and currently I'm about one level ahead of the guide. I'm still following it so I don't miss any quest chains or get behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Well fortunately for you your arcade beat em up with an endless gear treadmill is still waiting for you.
    You're so original, only got quoted with the same answer twenty times before in this thread.

But im glad you enjoy your slow and easy Nostalgia-Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssion View Post
    How pathetic you must be to think that
    the only pathetic one here is you lol

Didn't stop yet, but it's trash, tons of people, few mobs, trash drop, wasting like 30 minutes to finish a quest, world PVP is imbalanced as fuck. Lvl 53, I just want to finish this.

While there are some things about classic I like. The deal breaker for me is just how long everything takes. Travel time alone is almost a deal breaker on it's own for me. There are plenty of times I don't have more than 30 minutes to an hour at best to play, so spending most of that time walking/riding someplace kills it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    6). People with families that can't afford to put in the time that they did when it was live. :P
    Unless they're working 10-12 hours a day, 6 days a week, there's no way in hell that this could be true. People just need to stop using this excuse and honestly say they don't care enough about the game to prioritize it. It's the same as msdos's number 1 but with words that even the coldest of cold-hearted people could empathize with.

I'm playing as much as I did when I was 16 in 2004. I'm a married man with 3 children and an IT Manager that also stays on call pretty much everyday for a mid-size company. I hit 60 this past Saturday and started in the beginning of September.

That or they lack significant time management skills. People make time for things they want to do and they should just admit that WoW (Classic or Retail) isn't one of them.
    Last edited by Ekis; 2019-09-24 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcorc View Post
    There are a LOT of great stuffs in Classic that makes me hate BFA even more.

The classes in Vanilla is much more fun compared to retail, atleast those I play.

The ROLEPLAY feeling is there. The crafting, the way the game works, the charm that made WARCRAFT. It is entirely missing in BFA.

The SOCIAL COMMUNITY. I could quest again, I could make new friends, new enemies, much easier than BFA.

The DANGER. In BFA I can just pull 50 mobs together or an elite, it'll just take 10 seconds longer to kill them.

The QUALITY of items. Crafting a blue feels great.

The PROGRESSION. A new talent every level and new skills every 2 levels.

The way you have to FIGHT to be something. You have to get gold, buy, sell, to get what you want, compared to BFA.

Professions feels MUCH more fun and rewarding.

OVERALL, this feels like a massive RPG and BFA feels not. The world is alive, dangerous and there are tons of RPG elements and ways to go. And my class is FUN.

And there are lots, LOTS of negatives, some of them is not even Classics fault but a QOL I am missing.

I really did not like that I could not play with my friend if he was in another server. If there is two changes I wanted in Vanilla personally, it was this and being able to create Alliance and Horde on the same server.

Some of the quest texts confused me. "Go west to a house" there is a house there in the west. I could not find what I needed. Checked Internet. Apparently it is in a house far more west than that. What..

Well you can always guess why I quit the game. Hints: 10 minute corpserun, miss, parry, dodge, miss, eviscerate nope miss, gouge miss dead.
    Haha yeah those godamn miss/parry/dodge/block. btw how the hell can a wolf block/parry my attacks without a shield or weapon?
    Anyway man you should try fighting mobs 2-3 level below you. It helps alot as it dramatically increases your chance to hit your target. You also dodge/parry much more often and they heave less health. Overall you kill much faster, take less damage and significantly gain more xp over time.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Dungeon design is anything but lazy, you can have many ways to approach dungeons and collect %. People just figure out the best ones, but Blizz had to give it a good thought of how to make it challenging. Waycrest Manor is really nice dungeon, one of my favs, Mechagon is fun, Kara was really fun in Legion. HoV was thematically really nice too so yeah... almost as if it was subjective. How raids look, well... subjective? How can u compare something like Onyx lair or MC and compare it to something like ToV? Take Nighthold and compare it to AQ? Effort to Create the raids... well, not too hard to see? How does it feel is... subjective?
    99% of BfA content... yeah, so mythic raids/dungeons/hc warfronts are only 1% of it's content? if we have 4 modes, it is at least 25% of BfA content mate. Even HC raids are harder in BfA than a raid in vanilla. Why? you don't see it cleared with one shots on the day people enter it. Gear makes it easier, but so it does in vanilla. So... but I guess it does not fit your narrative so it does not count.
    Yes there are many ways but only one matters when it comes to doing it fastest. Best raids ever created are some 10 years old. New ones is just lets put hardest mechanic, they way they look is just horrible.
    You could AFK through WF, you can afk on isles. Dungeons are easier compared to vanilla ( if you are not doing 10-12+ ), because normal/hc raids are easy, yes mythic raids have new mechanic but thats it. No they are not, HC raids are easy and not challenging...HC was cleared in one day, well in few hours....

OP: Asks the people who quit classic why they quit

Literally everyone who hasn't quit: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

Just dinged 53 with my warrior and I'm having a blast. I can't imagine quitting.

Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    OP: Asks the people who quit classic why they quit

Literally everyone who hasn't quit: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    I've been laughing at this too.

What sort of issues must one have to come tell everyone they haven't quit, if someone posts a question to those who have quit?

Quote Originally Posted by Estravolt View Post
    I've been laughing at this too.

What sort of issues must one have to come tell everyone they haven't quit, if someone posts a question to those who have quit?
    It's hilarious, isn't it? It's like:

NOBODY:

People who haven't quit: I HAVENT QUIT GIT GUD RETAIL FANBOI LUL
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Yes there are many ways but only one matters when it comes to doing it fastest. Best raids ever created are some 10 years old. New ones is just lets put hardest mechanic, they way they look is just horrible.
    You could AFK through WF, you can afk on isles. Dungeons are easier compared to vanilla ( if you are not doing 10-12+ ), because normal/hc raids are easy, yes mythic raids have new mechanic but thats it. No they are not, HC raids are easy and not challenging...HC was cleared in one day, well in few hours....
    how raids look are subjective. And they don't look horrible, imo. You can't aft in the isles, you can't afk in WF HC. Dungeons are easier unless you do x diff. Sure. Let's then say that vanilla dungeons are all as easy as RFC, shall we?
    You are being mistaken, MC was cleared in one day with all bosses oneshotted in green questing gear. HC raids are not being oneshoted in few hours after entering it with quest reward uncommon gear. Sure, other classic raids will come and we shall see, but you just spew some low level bs.
    It's very nice to ignore facts, if it does not suit your narrative?