Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    https://puu.sh/Ebsew/8a7c2fbdc3.mp4
    there, 4 at once, my level, casters too so i cant kite. didnt die.
    all while being a fucker clicker.
    so yeah a baby can do this.
    while leveling i very commonly did 3, but sometimes 4.
    A pet class can do this. You're a Warlock, so it's even easier. The fact that you actually tried to prove a point by using a Warlock is hilarious.
    All your video proves is how easy pet classes have it compared to the rest, and that *shudders* clickers have classes they can play.

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    This... this conversation is a beautiful look at the gap in player bases and why two different games and environments are needed for a game like WoW
    People can ignore min-max and play stupid in Retail too, the whole casual LFR zone is avoided for this reason.

Vanilla was played with titanpannel and similar addons to track xp/hour, because 15years ago most players did not wanted to be noobs forever. It seems like classic's main agenda is to go deep down into the noob zone.

People criticizing min-maxing is a sad backwards development. Whats next? No more hotkeys, just clicking?

Sometimes I miss the old vanilla server forums, people with this kind of attitude would end up fast on the do-not-group list till they quit gaming or started on a new server.
    I really miss the old EQ/vanilla brutallity in the community with zero tolerance to forever-noobs.
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    But classic isn't harder, clearing a raid in 6 days with half the raid under 60 and the entire raid under geared just shows how easy it is. Slow /= Hard.

Classic is slow because you can't just AoE grind everything, it's not a challenge it's just a limitation. Retail is a MMORPG despite how much you keep parroting it isn't.

But really, stop PRETENDING it's hard, because it isn't...it's just SLOW!

I am enjoying classic immensely. I find myself waking up a bit earlier every day to do some quest turn in's and professions leveling before work. Have never done that. Ever. And I love it.

People need to stop saying classic is hard.
    Classic is time consuming. This does not make it hard.
    Unforgiving? Sure? Getting trapped by mobs can be as simple as bad timing or a reckless pull, or you're not doing enough damage to mobs to clear an area efficiently
    Last edited by Potatowizard; 2019-09-20 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    But classic isn't harder, clearing a raid in 6 days with half the raid under 60 and the entire raid under geared just shows how easy it is. Slow /= Hard.

Classic is slow because you can't just AoE grind everything, it's not a challenge it's just a limitation. Retail is a MMORPG despite how much you keep parroting it isn't.

But really, stop PRETENDING it's hard, because it isn't...it's just SLOW!
    Kind of agree, just gives an illusion that is hard because it's slower and has way more grind. And also items were the original items ever, there was nothing to help you like heirlooms. Ofc it will feel different. While leveling is amazing, after that, actually makes me a bit bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Clearly you have no comprehension of how to conduct yourself like a reasonable person in a debate.

And yes, I will be giving Classic a shot once the queue insanity has calmed down. I have been around long enough to know that the kind of toxicity that guys like you bring to the world of warcraft are not a function of the game. The same trash exists in Live. And as with Live, I expect most players will be awesome.
    You cant debate a topic if one of the people has never experienced the topic.

You shouldn't be debating classic until you have leveled in classic.

Do you talk shit on all the things in life you have never experienced? This is non sensical self entitlement and a major cause of grand social decay.

Another reason why Classic is great. The economy. It's hard to get ahead but fun as hell trying. The Logistics of everything tying together just feels much better.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Dark souls is an 8
    Retail is 1 and classic is 1.00000001

The difference is like between me using my left or right hand to scratch my balls.

This argument of classic is more difficult because stuff takes longer to do/kill is the biggest bag of shit to come out of this whole classic v retail crap fest. For a start any extra mob health and damage is counteracted by the simplistic rotations.
    Whats the deal with dark souls comparisson? None of the dark souls games are hard, this coming from someone that finished all 3 and did the no bonfire/no death run at the same time in Dark Souls 2. If anything dark souls fights can be time consuming because you have to wait the right moment. Same as vanila wow. Slow can mean hard if you have to take the proper time to attack.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mullet Man View Post
    Same can be said about those who believe it is their job to White Knight for Retail.
    Retail has been a let down for Millions of players over the years, and Millions have quit.
    Based on the millions and millions that have quit Retail over the years, we can deem it a failure now.
    So we can feel classic a failure as well for the amount of players it lost 15 years ago?

Weird logic but okay.
    Hi

I've been having fun with Classic as I was expecting from the moment they announced it, and I expect I'll keep playing Classic for a long time.

Anybody who thinks they can talk sense into haters is up for a big surprise. Some people (read haters) just don't get it that others may have different preferences, and likes and dislikes. Add to this that they tend to confuse their opinion as some fact everybody must agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Whats the deal with dark souls comparisson? None of the dark souls games are hard, this coming from someone that finished all 3 and did the no bonfire/no death run at the same time in Dark Souls 2. If anything dark souls fights can be time consuming because you have to wait the right moment. Same as vanila wow. Slow can mean hard if you have to take the proper time to attack.
    The timing Windows in wow are far wider and far more forgiving, most stuff has no timing windows you just stand and spam and move now and then out of some stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    Or maybe not everyone is a fan of such slow and prolonged gameplay, some people prefer retail where leveling is not the vocal point anymore but rather a ladder to high end content which what really makes retail shine.
    Shining high end content? You gotta be kidding. By that you mean log on tuesday to kill the first 4 bosses of the latest mythic raid, log on thursday to wipe on the 5th boss for 4h straight. And run the weekly mythic and wait for next week?

Without exaggeration I have 2 choices:
    - Play retail (I have 5 level 120). Log every tuesday to kill the first 4 bosses of the latest mythic raid, and every thursday to wipe on the 5th boss for 4h straight. And run my weekly M+ and wait for the next week to do the same chores. Everything else in the game is irrelevant and you never get to enjoy your strong gear because when you fight players they scale down your stats..
    - Play Classic. Discover a world and go on a long journey full of mysteries. Right now I just discovered I have to farm mats and run Uldaman to meet the Master Enchanter trainer. The world is much more dangerous so I gotta plan my steps in advance to make sure I dont get to walk back to my corpse for 5 fuckin minutes. I'm still around level 50 and the good gear I get from dungeons are relevant for raids. All the mats I find I keep em to craft things that are BIS for others. Man it's nice whatever I do I feel like im progressing and getting better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    So we can feel classic a failure as well for the amount of players it lost 15 years ago?

Weird logic but okay.
    Vanilla WoW grew every quarter/month from launch until BC.
    Back in those days, as WoW was growing, Blizzard was happy to even provide subscription numbers to prove it.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple. offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

Or maybe not everyone is a fan of such slow and prolonged gameplay, some people prefer retail where leveling is not the vocal point anymore but rather a ladder to high end content which what really makes retail shine.
    "Ladder to high end content which what really makes retail shine"
    That was my schedule for the last 4 years playing retail:
    - Tuesday 8pm to 12pm raid the latest mythic raid and kill the first 5 bosses.
    - Thursday 8pm to 12pm wipe 4hours non-stop on the 6th boss.
    - Monday I log in 30mins to run my weekly M+.
    Wait for next week to do the same shit again.

Not really. Ladder in the end game is just increasing difficultu of content you have alredy defeated. Thats really poor desing. Instead going from boss to boss, from raid to new raid. You just moving with difficulty slidet but content is still same.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Shining high end content? You gotta be kidding. By that you mean log on tuesday to kill the first 4 bosses of the latest mythic raid, log on thursday to wipe on the 5th boss for 4h straight. And run the weekly mythic and wait for next week?

Without exaggeration I have 2 choices:
    - Play retail (I have 5 level 120). Log every tuesday to kill the first 4 bosses of the latest mythic raid, and every thursday to wipe on the 5th boss for 4h straight. And run my weekly M+ and wait for the next week to do the same chores. Everything else in the game is irrelevant and you never get to enjoy your strong gear because when you fight players they scale down your stats..
    - Play Classic. Discover a world and go on a long journey full of mysteries. Right now I just discovered I have to farm mats and run Uldaman to meet the Master Enchanter trainer. The world is much more dangerous so I gotta plan my steps in advance to make sure I dont get to walk back to my corpse for 5 fuckin minutes. I'm still around level 50 and the good gear I get from dungeons are relevant for raids. All the mats I find I keep em to craft things that are BIS for others. Man it's nice whatever I do I feel like im progressing and getting better.
    As opposed to Classic end game. Which is:

-Login Tuesday and kill all the raid bosses.
    -I guess do some profession shit?
    -Wait until next Tuesday with next to nothing to do.

Oh yeah. WAY better.

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Fixed that for you

That was what Everquest players were saying about World of Warcraft when it launched, as they felt WoW Vanilla was an "MMO-Lite"... and it was.

It was Blizzard streamlining, homogenizing, simplifying and people getting things more expected and faster than Everquest that landed them the top spot and attracted/opened up the player base.

In short, Blizzard lowered the bar down to your standards, and made you believe you were a "true gamer" when you really weren't. That's why they make the big bucks, and you're still paying top-dollar for their 15+ year old game. :P

I played Ultima Online way prior to WoW, now there was a TRUE MMORPG experience you'll never find in World of Warcraft and I doubt will ever be made ever again - thanks to WoW's streamlining! :P
    Yes they did. But there is level of acessabilty and covieniece what you should never cross. Blizzard went full hurr durr ape with this and end up with hollow boring game.

It is same with Legue of Legends. It is more casual version of dota but still stays true to its original with how its played. Than Blizzard pull out HoTs. Super uber casual versiob of dota completly butchered and removed of core moba aspetcs like items, gold or shared exp. Game got put on life support.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    As opposed to Classic end game. Which is:

-Login Tuesday and kill all the raid bosses.
    -I guess do some profession shit?
    -Wait until next Tuesday with next to nothing to do.

Oh yeah. WAY better.
    Do pvp? Run dungeons? Community events? Finish up quests? Do attuments? Level up alt? Make gold?

Fact that 1 dungeon run can take you 4h and gear do not really drops 24/7 make you busy for very long time.
    Last edited by Elias01; 2019-09-20 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Yes they did. But there is level of acessabilty and covieniece what you should never cross. Blizzard went full hurr durr ape with this and end up with hollow boring game.

It is same with Legue of Legends. It is more casual version of dota but still stays true to its original with how its played. Than Blizzard pull out HoTs. Super uber casual versiob of dota completly butchered and removed of core moba aspetcs like items, gold or shared exp. Game got put on life support.

- - - Updated - - -

Do pvp? Run dungeons? Community events? Finish up quests? Do attuments? Level up alt? Make gold?

Fact that 1 dungeon run can take you 4h and gear do not really drops 24/7 make you busy for very long time.
    What fucking dungeon is taking you four hours? And if it takes that long, that means your group is either slow as shit or has no idea how to play the game.

What community events? I haven't seen that shit in Classic. And if I'm doing raids, that means I've already finished my attunement. If I got max level without using cheese methods, I already finished every quest Classic has to offer. Why would I level up an alt when leveling my main was painfully slow enough as it was?

Why would I do pvp unless I'm playing a class that's horrendously overtuned for it?

So once again....for the most part all these is to do at end game Classic is kill the raid bosses then wait a week to do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    If you've got a very poor group set up the longest dungeons will take up to 2 hours max with slow and careful play, most dungeons are sub 1 hour. I hit 60 on Monday and I cannot get a single item from 5 man dungeons. I don't really see 4 days as "A very long time."

Oh Ive also farmed Crusader already and have money for my epic mount. 4 whole days to do all those things.