What's up with assassination in 8.2?

I mean, is it me or does the class feel really underwhelming? The idea of forcing the spec to have either Shrouded Suffocation or that shitty trait Echoing Blade for a decent aoe damage is stupid. Even if we pick up 3 echoing, we're sacrificing single-target dps.
    I hate the fact that our traits aren't compatible for all situations. For example, you got fury warrior; pick up x3 Cold, hold steel blood and bam, that's good for both aoe and single. Outlaw rogue, too. You get either 3 Deadshot or x3 Ace and that's good for both aoe and single. While assassination is stuck on deciding whether he should go single or aoe azerite(which is double the amount of farming time) on dungeons.
    I am 441 assassination closing in neck 65(I could've gotten 65 long time ago, but I cba play rogue, it's too bad) 2k io, so I have an idea or two on assassination.

If you choose to go x3 shrouded, your dps plummets after garrotes falls down.
    If you go x3 echoing you're sacrificing a lot of single target dps.
    If you go x3 twist, you're sacrificing aoe dmg.
    If you go x2 of each, that won't be as effective. Why? Cause trait stacking.

This is the first time where I feel assassination rogue is at its rock bottom state.
    It's bad.
    The essences are no help at all.
    Bote3 gives us 1 big evenom.
    Beam, well, decent, not that great.
    Condescending high cd.
    Lucid as minor is good.

What is up? What's the solution here?
    I don't want to go outlaw cause fuck that shitty rng spec.

Almost every spec or literally every spec has to sacrifice single target for AoE in their toolkit by either changing talents or azerite. Some classes don't even have a proper AoE, like affliction. You just tickle mobs and hope they live long enough for your dots to present to metters.
    Thanks for the heads up!

I agree that it sucks that Assassination needs to keep two sets of Azerite gear on hand depending on what you're doing, but the specc feels really good right now. My only real complaint is that Vendetta is on the GCD which actually feels like total shit, but whatever.

Our AoE and single target is fucking gross and doesn't depend on super gimmicky pull strats like Outlaw megaAoE did. Azerite Beam is disgustingly OP too, so I dunno why you think it's not very good. It beats out every other heart trait by far on AoE sims (literally the second place trait is literally half of beam's sim). It's not bad on single target, either, even if condensed life force is way superior.

I totally feel you dude, I'm 2.1k, trying to push up a bit but finding the same issues with assass. Also, I've been really unlucky with azerite pieces. This week is generally nice to play tripple echo. On other weeks, I tend to go tripple shrouded unless the dungeon has a lot of pulls 3+ mobs. On tyrannical weeks, I'm not really sure what to run. What are you running trait-wise on tyrannical weeks?

According to hero damage, subterfuge, deeper stratagem and exsanguinate are really good single target but I never seem to be able to pull it off. Damage seems in practise and on sims to be lower than toxic blade.

Atm I'm running high crit, low haste and some mastery with tripple echo +1 shrouded except in a few dungeons. Overall, dungeonslice sim wants me to have a mix of crit, haste and mastery which performs great but doesn't really feel as good as high crit. Not sure what I'm doing wrong tbh, my boss damage is usually about 30-35k on longer fights when I really want to blast 50k+, AoE is typically 90-200k depending on traits and pulls. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Almost every spec or literally every spec has to sacrifice single target for AoE in their toolkit by either changing talents or azerite. Some classes don't even have a proper AoE, like affliction. You just tickle mobs and hope they live long enough for your dots to present to metters.
    DH has both ST and AoE with almost the same azerite/stats/items. Which is why I made one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengokuq View Post
    I mean, is it me or does the class feel really underwhelming? The idea of forcing the spec to have either Shrouded Suffocation or that shitty trait Echoing Blade for a decent aoe damage is stupid. Even if we pick up 3 echoing, we're sacrificing single-target dps.
    I hate the fact that our traits aren't compatible for all situations. For example, you got fury warrior; pick up x3 Cold, hold steel blood and bam, that's good for both aoe and single. Outlaw rogue, too. You get either 3 Deadshot or x3 Ace and that's good for both aoe and single. While assassination is stuck on deciding whether he should go single or aoe azerite(which is double the amount of farming time) on dungeons.
    I am 441 assassination closing in neck 65(I could've gotten 65 long time ago, but I cba play rogue, it's too bad) 2k io, so I have an idea or two on assassination.

If you choose to go x3 shrouded, your dps plummets after garrotes falls down.
    If you go x3 echoing you're sacrificing a lot of single target dps.
    If you go x3 twist, you're sacrificing aoe dmg.
    If you go x2 of each, that won't be as effective. Why? Cause trait stacking.

This is the first time where I feel assassination rogue is at its rock bottom state.
    It's bad.
    The essences are no help at all.
    Bote3 gives us 1 big evenom.
    Beam, well, decent, not that great.
    Condescending high cd.
    Lucid as minor is good.

What is up? What's the solution here?
    I don't want to go outlaw cause fuck that shitty rng spec.
    I'm using 2x each trait EB/TTK/SS(with 420ilvl gear because I cannot get the proper ones for M+) and it's going... good. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Should've been higher though compared to other classes.
    I think that our AoE is one of the worst in the game. I don't mean in DPS/damage done, but how we're doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I agree that it sucks that Assassination needs to keep two sets of Azerite gear on hand depending on what you're doing, but the specc feels really good right now. My only real complaint is that Vendetta is on the GCD which actually feels like total shit, but whatever.
    I'm also doing PvP, so I need three of them lol.

Quote Originally Posted by gortz View Post
    Atm I'm running high crit, low haste and some mastery with tripple echo +1 shrouded except in a few dungeons. Overall, dungeonslice sim wants me to have a mix of crit, haste and mastery which performs great but doesn't really feel as good as high crit. Not sure what I'm doing wrong tbh, my boss damage is usually about 30-35k on longer fights when I really want to blast 50k+, AoE is typically 90-200k depending on traits and pulls. Any thoughts?
    Isn't dungeonslice sim bugged? I think it doesn't count restealthing for Subterfuge or something.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2019-09-21 at 10:35 AM.