Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Different POV about Sylvanas, and why being a loyalist isn't what you think.

"Ours is a cycle of hatred, alliances forged and broken. We have paid the price for sharing this world, and we have forgotten what makes us strong"

Here, at the very beginning of the expansion, she's basically talking about union. Horde and Alliance united as one to fight a common enemy, thats what makes them strong. Without a common enemy to fight, they either bicker amongst themselves or go lazy. She then gives them a common enemy to fight while the real big bad doesn't show himself: herself. 8.2.5 gives you a title, Veteran of the Forth War, to show you that she was succesful, and the war among factions is over. Every step of the way she has been working for this.

1) She kickstarts a war with the burning of teldrassil to end the lukewarm tension and get the juices flowing.
    2) She has us pick up Talanji at Stormwind while deliberately leaving Saurfang there, aware that he might cook up a revolution.
    3) She keeps the tension high while instigating said revolution with Baine when she ressurected Jaina´s brother and wanted to use him to get to Jaina.
    4) She then sends assassins after Saurfang and Thrall to antagonize them. Then, pratically announces that Baine is in chains and will be executed in front of all leaders and alliance spies to get them to try and free him while working together in the process.
    5) Once the revolution was formed she led everyone to azshara to force the horde and alliance to work together against azshara and n´zoth.
    6) When Saurfang knocked on her door with the remaining forces, she killed him to preserve her image as a nemesis, while allowing the horde to unify itself again and end the war with the alliance. She KNEW she made him a martyr.

Everything she did was with a purpose. If you´re a loyalist, Nathanos constantly tells you that everything is going exactly how she wants it to happen. She was preparing us for something and it obviously isn´t N´Zoth. If she is being forced to work for a powerful entity, she slipped in these actions while keeping in character to have us prepared to face them, while not letting anyone know she was in reality working for good. If 9.0 is the leaked Shadowlands expansion or not, this expansion was all about Sylvanas preparing us for what is to come.

"you are all nothing"
    "nothing lasts"

This is too deliberate to not mean anything. Plus the obvious Blizzcon image with her at the centerfold.

TL;DR: Major plot twist incoming: Sylvanas was good all along and was preparing us the face the God of Death even while being forced to do his bidding (i.e. kill people)

I suppose making a peace summit and telling everyone "Yo, come to this meeting, we got to work together because there is a giant satanic sword stuck in the planet's core" was too hard.

And before anyone mentions this, Greymane and Roger would understand. They are stubborn, not mongoloid.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I wouldn't say that she is good... Otherwise, yeah. They will most likely make a plot twist in that regard. Don't think she will become a hero though since she still caused waaay to many deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    I suppose making a peace summit and telling everyone "Yo, come to this meeting, we got to work together because there is a giant satanic sword stuck in the planet's core" was too hard.

And before anyone mentions this, Greymane and Roger would understand. They are stubborn, not mongoloid.
    You´re missing the point. She has to pretend, or is being forced to, work for a very powerful being, let´s call him god of death for now. He wants souls, she is being forced to do his bidding. She is trying to outplay him by uniting the nations against him, because she could not do it directly and risk him finding out he was being betrayed. Plus do you really think anyone would listen to her? Yes theyre not mongoloids, but they are not about to trust anything she says either. If you dont remember, there's this whole situation that happened in Stormheim.

She has to pretend, or is being forced to, work for a very powerful being, let´s call him god of death for now. He wants souls, she is being forced to do his bidding.
    Ah yes, of course. I remember how there was this invisible death entity who was holding a gun at Sylvanas' head when she burned Teldrassil. Silly me. She was forced. Poor Sylv.

Plus do you really think anyone would listen to her?
    I mean, she'd have a point if she said something like "I know we are a group of people who hate each other, but we need to work together because this satanic sword clearly doesn't mean anything good for us". People would believe her, and if they didn't, the Golden Child would just soothe their doubts.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    People need to get over this she’s the bad guy and your the bad guy if you side with her just accept and enjoy it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by reploid View Post
    You´re missing the point. She has to pretend, or is being forced to, work for a very powerful being, let´s call him god of death for now. He wants souls, she is being forced to do his bidding. She is trying to outplay him by uniting the nations against him, because she could not do it directly and risk him finding out he was being betrayed. Plus do you really think anyone would listen to her? Yes theyre not mongoloids, but they are not about to trust anything she says either. If you dont remember, there's this whole situation that happened in Stormheim.
    We actively see what’s going on in her he’s in before the storm she’s her own women.

Ah yes, of course. I remember how there was this invisible death entity who was holding a gun at Sylvanas' head when she burned Teldrassil. Silly me. She was forced. Poor Sylv.
    AKA earn his trust

I mean, she'd have a point if she said something like "I know we are a group of people who hate each other, but we need to work together because this satanic sword clearly doesn't mean anything good for us". People would believe her, and if they didn't, the Golden Child would just soothe their doubts.
    That worked really well at the Gathering *rolls eyes*. She knew that as long as the war wasnt truly over it would not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    People need to get over this she’s the bad guy and your the bad guy if you side with her just accept and enjoy it.
    - - - Updated - - -
    We actively see what’s going on in her he’s in before the storm she’s her own women.
    I don't really have a problem with that, just dont think thats what Blizzard is actually going for.
    Last edited by reploid; 2019-09-30 at 04:02 PM.

AKA earn his trust

That worked really well at the Gathering *rolls eyes*. She knew that as long as the war wasnt truly over it would not work.
    Not a strong point, when Sylvanas looked at the Gathering as a chance to get to the annihilation of Stormwind and not as an opportunity to mend the wounds between the two factions and get them to work together.

Nathanos constantly tells you that everything is going exactly how she wants it to happen
    except it doesn't. It's not that she is failing like saurfang said, but nothing goes like she planned either. Its always a minor step away from her plan.
    Or maybe shes such a mastermind, she already calculated her temper into her plans.

TL;DR: Major plot twist incoming: Sylvanas was good all along and was preparing us the face the God of Death even while being forced to do his bidding (i.e. kill people)
    Sadly i can see this happen. I don't want it, but its possible this will happen.

Exactly. People need to stop finding excuses for choosing that path. It's a video game, there is nothing wrong if you chose to support her.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Void of my sou... Bah, Argentina :D
    Sylvanas is a villain.

Is fun to be a villain, that's why I play as an Unholy Death Knight Forsaken. I would love to be a full blown villain in game, but we get that we get.

There's nothing wrong to like a villain. That's doesn't make you a psychopath, or some other nonsense claimed in this and other forums, from people that can't separate your alignment in a video game, from your persona in reality.

Enjoy it, and stop making excuses for her behavior.

She's serving a Death God, or want to be a Death God herself; and she want to reshape the world in her undeath image, because she give up on life and hope.

That's fuck up.

But for me, she, and other villains, make the game entertaining. So, fuck the living. Let's burn some cities and rise the dead
    Last edited by Jonwho; 2019-09-30 at 04:59 PM.

It is possible and I think Blizzard will go for that. However, I would like to be truly evil and be sure that I will not have my leader killed just because other members of my faction want to be good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Clearly possible. Code Geass is usually well-received.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Oh my god, still people supporting sylvanis??? Look i understand if people want to follow her because they want to be a villain, but for those that say that she is playing 5000d game of chess to protect azeroth is just plain stupid. They made her evil thats it! no other reason. Im pretty sure if sylvanis looked like patchwerk the loyalist wouldnt be defending her. They are just defending cuz she looks hot.

You´re missing the point. She has to pretend, or is being forced to, work for a very powerful being, let´s call him god of death for now.
    Its name is Death. She's called it that several times, as a proper noun even. It's not some grand mystery. Jesus Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The thing is Lelouch successfully played 4D chess on multiple occasions and we actually had extensive contact with him. Sylvanas hasn't really had successful complex plans and we mostly see her in cinematics.
    That is a difficulty which could be forged into advantage, if we didn't have Golden in charge.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    Its name is Death. She's called it that several times, as a proper noun even. It's not some grand mystery. Jesus Christ.
    You're seriously trying to convince me we're gonna be fighting a raid boss named Death. Sylvanas calls it Death because Blizzard doesn't want to reveal this "entity" before 9.0, lol

5+ Year Old Account
    "Ours is a cycle of hatred, alliances forged and broken. We have paid the price for sharing this world, and we have forgotten what makes us strong"

Here, at the very beginning of the expansion, she's basically talking about union. Horde and Alliance united as one to fight a common enemy, thats what makes them strong. Without a common enemy to fight, they either bicker amongst themselves or go lazy. She then gives them a common enemy to fight while the real big bad doesn't show himself: herself. 8.2.5 gives you a title, Veteran of the Forth War, to show you that she was succesful, and the war among factions is over. Every step of the way she has been working for this.

1) She kickstarts a war with the burning of teldrassil to end the lukewarm tension and get the juices flowing.
    2) She has us pick up Talanji at Stormwind while deliberately leaving Saurfang there, aware that he might cook up a revolution.
    3) She keeps the tension high while instigating said revolution with Baine when she ressurected Jaina´s brother and wanted to use him to get to Jaina.
    4) She then sends assassins after Saurfang and Thrall to antagonize them. Then, pratically announces that Baine is in chains and will be executed in front of all leaders and alliance spies to get them to try and free him while working together in the process.
    5) Once the revolution was formed she led everyone to azshara to force the horde and alliance to work together against azshara and n´zoth.
    6) When Saurfang knocked on her door with the remaining forces, she killed him to preserve her image as a nemesis, while allowing the horde to unify itself again and end the war with the alliance. She KNEW she made him a martyr.

Everything she did was with a purpose. If you´re a loyalist, Nathanos constantly tells you that everything is going exactly how she wants it to happen. She was preparing us for something and it obviously isn´t N´Zoth. If she is being forced to work for a powerful entity, she slipped in these actions while keeping in character to have us prepared to face them, while not letting anyone know she was in reality working for good. If 9.0 is the leaked Shadowlands expansion or not, this expansion was all about Sylvanas preparing us for what is to come.

"you are all nothing"
    "nothing lasts"

This is too deliberate to not mean anything. Plus the obvious Blizzcon image with her at the centerfold.

holy shit finally someone who understands, SLYVANAS IS NOT THE BAD GUY!!!!
    yeast

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    That is a difficulty which could be forged into advantage, if we didn't have Golden in charge.
    she's always been a fuck-up even before Golden or Death came along.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonwho View Post
    Sylvanas is a villain.

Is fun to be a villain, that's why I play as an Unholy Death Knight Forsaken. I would love to be a full blown villain in game, but we get that we get.

There's nothing wrong to like a villain. That's doesn't make you a psychopath, or some other nonsense claimed in this and other forums, from people that can't separate your alignment in a video game, from your persona in reality.

Enjoy it, and stop making excuses for her behavior.

She's serving a Death God, or want to be a Death God herself; and she want to reshape the world in her undeath image, because she give up on life and hope.

That's fuck up.

But for me, she, and other villains, make the game entertaining. So, fuck the living. Let's burn some cities and rise the dead
    Dude, it's you that does not get it. At 8.2.5 she had the entire army of the Horde, inside the fortress that is Orgrimmar. it is stated that her army is the only capable of facing N'Zoth, she kills saurfang with 1 magic blow, she could have killed anduin, thrall and all the others where they stood and decimated the soldiers they had. Stop and think about that for a second: she had the means to quell that little rebellion right there. Yet she left. yep, she made sure people still thought of her as a villain with a few choice words, and left. If you truly think any real "villain" would do that, you're extremely naive.

And now we're back to tension. So the entire war was completely pointless, according to you.