One of your ads is compromised...

I dunno where to put this.

I am on my computer (MacPro 5,1) using Safari and upon opening MMO-Champion, was redirected to one of those fake Flash upgrade sites.

Now, I've seen this happen on my mobile a few times, but never on my desktop.

Anyway, wanted to let you know so that you can maybe look into it? I dunno if you get any metrics on which ads are run on the site or where they come from...

But yeah, users be extra cautious.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackeyser View Post
    I dunno where to put this.

I am on my computer (MacPro 5,1) using Safari and upon opening MMO-Champion, was redirected to one of those fake Flash upgrade sites.

Now, I've seen this happen on my mobile a few times, but never on my desktop.

Anyway, wanted to let you know so that you can maybe look into it? I dunno if you get any metrics on which ads are run on the site or where they come from...

But yeah, users be extra cautious.
    Site feedback generally, but the site doesn't really care. They have a contract with 3rd parties (many of them in the case of this site) who provides the actual ads, so this site admin doesn't really care...and those 3rd parties don't really care most of the time either because the sites that contract with them don't care.

I strongly recommend ad blockers for this reason. Ad blockers are just as important of a security measure as anti-virus.

I used to do it, but I do want to support MMO-C and am already paying for WoW and Raidbots...

I dunno. I might have to go back to ad blockers, tho I really don't want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackeyser View Post
    Will do /10 chars
    Handled and closing this.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."