Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Server demographics poll and survey v4.

Took the links from the front page, it's nice to see how all the realms are being split.

I hope everyone can help with providing data about which realms/region they'll be playing on so we can all get a better understanding of how the actual realms are going to split.

Link to the Poll results : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...aring&sle=true.

Link to the survey : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...O5VMw/viewform.

TY for this, very helpful
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

It's a new survey that includes the new servers they are adding on Monday.

I am disappointed by the fact that at the PvP server the horde dominate by a big margin. This only makes me question my choice to go Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    I am disappointed by the fact that at the PvP server the horde dominate by a big margin. This only makes me question my choice to go Alliance.
    On the flipside, you are going to get instant BG queues.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    On the flipside, you are going to get instant BG queues.
    BGs are in Phase 3. That is in like 6 months or something. If the ratio gets even worse by then, it will snowball into some insane 95-5 ratio, like it happens in most servers which are dominated by one faction.

BGs are in Phase 3. That is in like 6 months or something. If the ratio gets even worse by then, it will snowball into some insane 95-5 ratio, like it happens in most servers which are dominated by one faction.
    Gotta keep in mind that , as long as the split is in the upper 40 % (45-49), layering splits the players evenly across all layers except the last few.

So as an example let's say a realm has 10 layers, and you have a 44/56% split, that means that in 9 layers you'll have a perfect 50/50 split, whilst the 10th layer will have a 6% discrepancy.

Unless blizzard decides to split evenly across all layers, in which case it won't be very pleasant. Though I attest that anything above the 45% split is still barely noticeable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, so you mean it IS like Vanilla after all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Be part of the solution, not the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Gotta keep in mind that , as long as the split is in the upper 40 % (45-49), layering splits the players evenly across all layers except the last few.

So as an example let's say a realm has 10 layers, and you have a 44/56% split, that means that in 9 layers you'll have a perfect 50/50 split, whilst the 10th layer will have a 6% discrepancy.

Unless blizzard decides to split evenly across all layers, in which case it won't be very pleasant. Though I attest that anything above the 45% split is still barely noticeable.
    Layering isn't very relevant in the long term considering they're all getting merged rather soon

I can't acess the poll results, can you post a working link?

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    I can't acess the poll results, can you post a working link?
    It's probably due to too many people attempting to access it, try again in a bit.

I'm guessing you're referring to the EU realms? Some of those have under 100 responses so keep in mind that's not necessarily accurate

5+ Year Old Account

I doubt phase 3 will be only 6 months after launch. I could be wrong though.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post

Not sure about the relevance of your quote.

Not sure about the relevance of your quote.
    Phase 2 will be after 4-5 months most likely. Phase 3 won't be in 6 months

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathan666 View Post
    Phase 2 will be after 4-5 months most likely. Phase 3 won't be in 6 months
    I'm not the person talking about phase 3 guys.

I mean... Lets do that math here real quick. So we have 44 players and 56 players across 10 layers. Lets says each layer supports 10 players max.

So... The first 8 layers have 5 and 5. The 9th layer has... 4 and 6? The last layer has 0 and 10?

I'm not sure the layers do a 50/50 split without some SEVERE issues on later layers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    I mean... Lets do that math here real quick. So we have 44 players and 56 players across 10 layers. Lets says each layer supports 10 players max.

So... The first 8 layers have 5 and 5. The 9th layer has... 4 and 6? The last layer has 0 and 10?

I'm not sure the layers do a 50/50 split without some SEVERE issues on later layers.
    Honestly , I can't give you a precise answer.

Though I do remember seeing people on the beta complain about being absolutely alone in ironforge, if it ends up working the same way then I wouldn't be surprised to find some very strange layering results.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm not the person talking about phase 3 guys.
    I apologize I quoted the wrong person.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan