Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    The Customer Service In This Game Is Awful

    Terribly awful.

    This is personal. This game has some of the most uncooperative and unhelpful customer service representatives that I've ever seen.

    I hope SE improves their garbage ass customer support team.

    Sincerely,

    Someone who thinks their CSR’s are fucking trash.

  2. #2
    Huh... well the one time i contacted them i got an e-mail response the next day.

    Compared to WoW where a GM reply can take days or SWTOR where it can take many days, i honestly would say i had a good impression of them.

    Maybe you should be more specific. You don't want us to think this was a "you" problem.

  3. #3
    Another fine example of the awful customer service in FF14.

    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/f...threads/404367

    - - - Updated - - -

    With any luck, they will invest more money into better customer support and not shitty remakes of old titles.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by mario710 View Post
    Another fine example of the awful customer service in FF14.

    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/f...threads/404367

    - - - Updated - - -

    With any luck, they will invest more money into better customer support and not shitty remakes of old titles.
    Which thread are you referring to? Because that link just sends me to the General Discussion list of threads.

    I've had to contact them a few times over the years, never had any issues aside from a ~30 minute wait on the phone, they were able to help me quickly and easily once I got someone on the phone.

    What issue specifically are you talking about, because at this point it just looks and sounds like you're yelling at clouds.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Which thread are you referring to? Because that link just sends me to the General Discussion list of threads.

    I've had to contact them a few times over the years, never had any issues aside from a ~30 minute wait on the phone, they were able to help me quickly and easily once I got someone on the phone.

    What issue specifically are you talking about, because at this point it just looks and sounds like you're yelling at clouds.
    I clicked the link to validate what you claimed and it’s untrue.

    That link takes you directly to the thread. Cease your baiting and engage rather than fomenting a flame war.

    - - - Updated - - -

    For everyone who will not click the link it is called “Optional Item Wrong Purchase”.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mario710 View Post
    I clicked the link to validate what you claimed and it’s untrue.

    That link takes you directly to the thread. Cease your baiting and engage rather than fomenting a flame war.

    - - - Updated - - -

    For everyone who will not click the link it is called “Optional Item Wrong Purchase”.
    I'm not lying, I clicked and it just takes me to the general discussion list of threads which is why I asked for the specific thread title. Not sure why it's not working to take me to the actual thread...but it doesn't. Thanks for the thread name though.

    As to the issue, it's hard for me to feel sorry for the person, there's a section on the page where you buy those items where you are forced to verify the service account, character name and server the item is intended for, there's even a second verification page after you've chosen where it asks you to verify again before confirming the purchase. There's even a link to the Lodestaone on those pages specifically so the buyer can verify this information.

    It's not really Customer Service's fault that the buyer didn't pay attention to any of those verification steps and didn't read the "An incorrect purchase cannot be cancelled or refunded. Please be sure to review the service account and/or character you have selected in the “Review payment information” window that appears just before you complete your purchase."

    Apparently, according to the actual buyer themselves, SE Customer Service even gave them a viable way to retrieve the item and get it sent to the correct character and account but they didn't want to do that.

    What the issue boils down to is a customer screwed up by not verifying the information before completing the order, being given a viable option to get it fixed, not liking the option and then blaming customer service for their fuck up.

    That's not bad customer service, that's a company sticking to their policies and the customer not liking it. Those are not even remotely the same thing.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mario710 View Post
    I clicked the link to validate what you claimed and it’s untrue.

    That link takes you directly to the thread. Cease your baiting and engage rather than fomenting a flame war.

    - - - Updated - - -

    For everyone who will not click the link it is called “Optional Item Wrong Purchase”.
    I clicked the link as well and it just goes to the forum, not a specific post.

  8. #8
    Bloodsail Admiral Firatha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    B.C/A-52 US
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by mario710 View Post
    I clicked the link to validate what you claimed and it’s untrue.

    That link takes you directly to the thread. Cease your baiting and engage rather than fomenting a flame war.

    - - - Updated - - -

    For everyone who will not click the link it is called “Optional Item Wrong Purchase”.
    FIrst you get mad because you messed up dispite multiple conformations then you call us all liers because you link does not work next time don't be so impatient and read what pages say before you hit next or yes your shit attitude will not get you anything.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

    Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

  9. #9
    I smell a WoW fanboy trying to throw shade at FFXIV and Square-Enix just because he/she's pissed his/her friends list is getting emptier by the minute in BfA.

    Edit: Yeah. after seeing your post in the other thread from WoW players praising FFXIV, I'm pretty sure I'm right.

    "It's an okay game.

    The story is phenomenal, but the gameplay is garbage in many areas. Combat feels wonky, there are weird combat delays (slide casting) and immersion-shattering invisible walls. Loading screens are also a huge bummer. "
    Last edited by Azmoden; 2019-09-12 at 06:39 PM.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    I smell a WoW fanboy trying to throw shade at FFXIV and Square-Enix just because he/she's pissed his/her friends list is getting emptier by the minute in BfA.

    Edit: Yeah. after seeing your post in the other thread from WoW players praising FFXIV, I'm pretty sure I'm right.

    "It's an okay game.

    The story is phenomenal, but the gameplay is garbage in many areas. Combat feels wonky, there are weird combat delays (slide casting) and immersion-shattering invisible walls. Loading screens are also a huge bummer. "
    I cannot say i disagree with that statement though i do enjoy FF very much. It's achilles heel is the lag/delay in combat. Thus the long GCD. Apparantly helps hide that. I heard that in heavensward a monk player got every means to reduce the GCD and it reached a point where it stopped registering inputs.
    AKA great game, but we gotta admit it's tech is kind of broken underneath. They have the money to fix that now if they want though. I was never a fan of the long GCD, though the off GCD abilities helped off-set that.
    Invisible walls and loading are a thing, but they are a thing in every mmo, especially when you teleport to places. Loadings are also in WoW when you change continents and invisible walls are there instead fatigue areas.
    It would be awesome if FFXIV managed to merge their maps in small continents in the future though.

    But, that doesn't invalidate the fact that this thread is bollocks.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-09-12 at 09:39 PM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    I smell a WoW fanboy trying to throw shade at FFXIV and Square-Enix just because he/she's pissed his/her friends list is getting emptier by the minute in BfA.

    Edit: Yeah. after seeing your post in the other thread from WoW players praising FFXIV, I'm pretty sure I'm right.

    "It's an okay game.

    The story is phenomenal, but the gameplay is garbage in many areas. Combat feels wonky, there are weird combat delays (slide casting) and immersion-shattering invisible walls. Loading screens are also a huge bummer. "
    The op isn't entirely wrong about Square support. It is pretty ridiculous, for example, that a company like Square doesn't have 24/7 support and is only 9 to 5 M-F. They aren't some small indy company.

  12. #12
    I can safely say I never had a problem with their customer service. Compared to other games it's paradise.
    Shaman Raid Tank aficionado & expert in off-meta specs: Melee Hunter, Smite Priest, Priest Tank Guide, Rogue Tank and more...

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    I smell a WoW fanboy trying to throw shade at FFXIV and Square-Enix just because he/she's pissed his/her friends list is getting emptier by the minute in BfA.

    Edit: Yeah. after seeing your post in the other thread from WoW players praising FFXIV, I'm pretty sure I'm right.

    "It's an okay game.

    The story is phenomenal, but the gameplay is garbage in many areas. Combat feels wonky, there are weird combat delays (slide casting) and immersion-shattering invisible walls. Loading screens are also a huge bummer. "
    SE's support is pretty widely criticized for being genuinely frustrating. You accuse them of being a WoW fanboy (irrationally), while you're acting like a deranged FF14 fanboy. Can't you see how hypocritical that makes you look, thus undermining your own post?

    My realid friends list is busier than ever (mostly due to classic, but fuck that noise), and my FF14 friends list is emptier than ever now that ShB hype is dying down and my FC is nearly empty at all times of the day now that people cleared the tier and leveled the jobs they wanted.

    Anecdotes be anecdotes though.

    Everything you quoted about that poster at the end there is a perfectly rational assessment of FF14, examples very commonly stated about the game across online communities.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    I can safely say I never had a problem with their customer service. Compared to other games it's paradise.
    I'd be curious what games are worse and why? I honestly haven't had to use support on enough games to genuinely contribute my own insight, but my one time using FF14's sucked. It wasn't the worst thing in the world, but it was needlessly frustrating with a comicly bad turn around time.

  14. #14
    The small handful of times I've had to talk to their customer support went smoothly enough though I hear enough bad stories that I may have been lucky.

  15. #15
    I would like to clarify that the original poster in the forum thread I linked is not me.

    Additionally, there is no need for the ad hominem attacks. My experiences are mine alone.

    Purely anecdotal.

    The customer service in FFXIV is garbage. If you ask for a refund you will be banned.

    Blizzard is not so petty that they would ban you out of spite for getting a refund. If you think your race change is garbage, then they will reverse it. I've had it done before.

    Square needs to pick it up.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    I smell a WoW fanboy trying to throw shade at FFXIV and Square-Enix just because he/she's pissed his/her friends list is getting emptier by the minute in BfA.

    Edit: Yeah. after seeing your post in the other thread from WoW players praising FFXIV, I'm pretty sure I'm right.

    "It's an okay game.

    The story is phenomenal, but the gameplay is garbage in many areas. Combat feels wonky, there are weird combat delays (slide casting) and immersion-shattering invisible walls. Loading screens are also a huge bummer. "
    I respect your opinion, however, please show me the same respect I would show you.

    I don’t criticize the game out of sheer hatred but out of love. Final Fantasy 14 is absolutely phenomenal but there are aspects of it that could be improved (for example, the customer service).

    I don’t say that out of contempt but out of genuine love for FFXIV. The customer support needs work.

    Lots of edits. I’m trying to be more respectful.
    Last edited by mario710; 2019-09-13 at 09:08 PM.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by mario710 View Post
    I would like to clarify that the original poster in the forum thread I linked is not me.

    Additionally, there is no need for the ad hominem attacks. My experiences are mine alone.

    Purely anecdotal.

    The customer service in FFXIV is garbage. If you ask for a refund you will be banned.

    Blizzard is not so petty that they would ban you out of spite for getting a refund. If you think your race change is garbage, then they will reverse it. I've had it done before.

    Square needs to pick it up.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I respect your opinion, however, please show me the same respect I would show you.

    I don’t criticize the game out of sheer hatred but out of love. Final Fantasy 14 is absolutely phenomenal but there are aspects of it that could be improved (for example, the customer service).

    I don’t say that out of contempt but out of genuine love for FFXIV. The customer support needs work.

    Lots of edits. I’m trying to be more respectful.
    Source for this please, because simply asking for a refund should not get you a ban....

  17. #17
    Might have something to do with card chargebacks (especially PSN). I know you can get banned from services but OP would need a screenshot to confirm.

  18. #18
    Honestly i'm surprised blizzard gives you a refund for that. Sounds like you are taking advantage.

  19. #19
    Scarab Lord Asmodias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    4,726
    Quote Originally Posted by mario710 View Post
    I clicked the link to validate what you claimed and it’s untrue.

    That link takes you directly to the thread. Cease your baiting and engage rather than fomenting a flame war.

    - - - Updated - - -

    For everyone who will not click the link it is called “Optional Item Wrong Purchase”.
    Why do you have to be so venomous? Your link didn't work for me either. Took me to the General Forums. At least you provided something to search for, so thanks for that.

    After looking at the thread, I dont see an issue. Purchaser fucked up, is trying to paint CS in a bad light without showing anything in the way of a response, and is pissed because a company wont break its own rules. Next time, that player should pay closer attention to what they are doing.


    Retired | Avatar and Signature by Shyama

  20. #20
    Over 9000! Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    9,915
    Quote Originally Posted by mario710 View Post
    I clicked the link to validate what you claimed and it’s untrue.

    That link takes you directly to the thread. Cease your baiting and engage rather than fomenting a flame war.

    - - - Updated - - -

    For everyone who will not click the link it is called “Optional Item Wrong Purchase”.
    This is what I see when I click the link you provided.

    Take careful note of the address... its the exact same one you provided.

    At this point it looks and sounds like its a YOU problem and that you didn't get what you wanted so YOU are throwing a tantrum like a toddler that didn't get some sweets at the market

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I'm not lying, I clicked and it just takes me to the general discussion list of threads which is why I asked for the specific thread title. Not sure why it's not working to take me to the actual thread...but it doesn't. Thanks for the thread name though.

    As to the issue, it's hard for me to feel sorry for the person, there's a section on the page where you buy those items where you are forced to verify the service account, character name and server the item is intended for, there's even a second verification page after you've chosen where it asks you to verify again before confirming the purchase. There's even a link to the Lodestaone on those pages specifically so the buyer can verify this information.

    It's not really Customer Service's fault that the buyer didn't pay attention to any of those verification steps and didn't read the "An incorrect purchase cannot be cancelled or refunded. Please be sure to review the service account and/or character you have selected in the “Review payment information” window that appears just before you complete your purchase."

    Apparently, according to the actual buyer themselves, SE Customer Service even gave them a viable way to retrieve the item and get it sent to the correct character and account but they didn't want to do that.

    What the issue boils down to is a customer screwed up by not verifying the information before completing the order, being given a viable option to get it fixed, not liking the option and then blaming customer service for their fuck up.

    That's not bad customer service, that's a company sticking to their policies and the customer not liking it. Those are not even remotely the same thing.
    I have agree with you fully... This is clearly customer error and throwing a hissy that they didn't get what they wanted from CS.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by mario710 View Post
    The customer service in FFXIV is garbage. If you ask for a refund you will be banned.
    I really have to see some evidence for this... cause given your behavior in this thread I cant trust you to be telling the truth.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •