Page 1 of 85
... LastLast

Why exactly are people so anti-LFR?

From a progression standpoint, there's absolutely no reason whatsoever to step foot into LFR - you can get as good or better gear just by doing dailies. The only reason anybody does LFR is likely because it's a way for them to see content they otherwise wouldn't see likely because they're too busy to be in an active raiding guild or don't care to invest that much time into the game. So what exactly is the problem with allowing "casuals" to see this content when they're not even being rewarded for it? Why is LFR such a major talking point for classic fanboys and the like? How does it affect your gameplay at all? I personally don't use LFR and forget it exists most of the time so I struggle to understand why so many people have such an issue with it when the only thing people get from it is trash gear (hardly the "free epixx" people frame it as).

10+ Year Old Account
    They want to be a special snowflake afking in stormwind while showin off their "hard" earned raidgear.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Hi, started during Vanilla played tbc/wrath some of cata end of wod/legion/bfa here.

LFR is bad because its much easier than the other modes and most of the time does not represent a challenge to over come making current content trival reduces the feeling you get, imagine if getting wins in fortnight was easy.. nobody would train to be the best.
    Improving yourself and your character is a big part of why this game is great.. it takes many wipes to overcome hard bosses and doing so feels so good, going into lfr to farm gear when only half of the raid is really required to beat the encounter makes gearing and progression a joke and makes more people resistant to try the next up which rewards much less of an upgrade for much more work.

Having a goal and having to get a guild that works and operates together with putting aside differences is a great thing.. i hated some of my guild mates that i raided with during wrath their personalities and ninja looting on alts made us look really bad but i had such a good time with others and during raids that it wasn't as important its a great social building skill, much like how people want classic back because its more encouraged to form bonds.. you don't need to but its a good idea.

On paper lfr seems fine, its minor content for minor reward so "those who don't want to raid can see the raids" - its serviceable if people didn't use it as an excuse not to progress up but they do as people watch youtube videos so they don't need to play certain story driven games these days.

The "what if we don't have enough time to raid" comes up sometimes, well what do you do about eating sleeping and watching tv series? i mean at a certain point entertainment that is a video game and its raiding scene shouldn't have to bend to your time management skills.. you as an adult or learning to be one should be able to handle that on your own.

I hope this helps no doubt people will be angry because i don't like LFR and i think it should be reduced to a storymode where you are the only player amoung npcs and it should reward no gear, just for the "to see the story" excuse gets wiped out.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Because it gives you a false sense of accomplishment, that will lower your ambitions to actually do the content in the appropriate way: heroic/mythic with a group of friends.

There isn't any reason to dislike it. Other than maybe that some people get to see content and get gear sets that raiders think only they should be allowed.

I've played since Vanilla, used to raid since then until WoD. Legion raids I only saw through guild fun runs or through LFR. This expansion, I've only seen the raids through LFR. If it wasn't in the game, I would miss out on seeing that content. Putting in the time and effort to do harder difficulties just isn't appealing to me. Frankly pugging a normal run, while not hard, is too time consuming for me to be interested. I'd rather join a queue, get on with other content I want to do then do whichever wing of the raid I've queued for, see it then be done. I don't think I've been into any part of this expansions raids more than once, they just have no appeal to me outside of story and seeing it.

Basically the only reason to dislike it boils down to "I don't like people playing the game differently to how I enjoy playing it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean I don't play it either, but I think it detracts from the game. Honestly if LFR was my introduction to raiding I don't think I'd ever have tried going into normal mode because lfr is the absolute opposite of fun to me. So to me LFR just turns people away from actual fun raiding by giving them a wrong impression of what it's like.

The first time I tried LFR I believe I summed it up to my friends in a few words, a cesspool. If I was a developer and I created any content that was that painful to experience, I'd purge it as soon as I could from existence. Leave the raids to people who want to spend the time to condition and be serious about that kind of content. I'd personally have entry level as the Heroic difficulty and implement similar to Ulduar hard modes (example, Mimiron Big Red Button) which would equate to a Mythic difficulty. All raids would be flex, 10-25.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayia View Post
    it takes many wipes to overcome hard bosses and doing so feels so good

---------------------------------------------------

The "what if we don't have enough time to raid" comes up sometimes, well what do you do about eating sleeping and watching tv series? i mean at a certain point entertainment that is a video game and its raiding scene shouldn't have to bend to your time management skills.. you as an adult or learning to be one should be able to handle that on your own.

-----------------------

I hope this helps no doubt people will be angry because i don't like LFR and i think it should be reduced to a storymode where you are the only player amoung npcs and it should reward no gear, just for the "to see the story" excuse gets wiped out.

First point: Wiping over and over again to beat a boss is boring and tedious. It used to be fun, so I get why people enjoy it, but now I find it a huge waste of time and even when we finally downed a boss, I didn't really enjoy it. So that reasons is just opinion, one many disagree with.

Second point: People are prioritizing their time, which is exactly why LFR exists. You just gave a damn good reason why it's necessary. LFR takes nothing away from people who have the time and are willing to invest it into harder content, while giving people with less time a chance to see content.

Third point: There it is, the "I don't like them getting gear for doing easier content". It always inevitably comes up when someone dislikes LFR. People getting weaker gear for doing easier content effects you and your enjoyment of the game how exactly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    From a progression standpoint, there's absolutely no reason whatsoever to step foot into LFR - you can get as good or better gear just by doing dailies. The only reason anybody does LFR is likely because it's a way for them to see content they otherwise wouldn't see likely because they're too busy to be in an active raiding guild or don't care to invest that much time into the game. So what exactly is the problem with allowing "casuals" to see this content when they're not even being rewarded for it? Why is LFR such a major talking point for classic fanboys and the like? How does it affect your gameplay at all? I personally don't use LFR and forget it exists most of the time so I struggle to understand why so many people have such an issue with it when the only thing people get from it is trash gear (hardly the "free epixx" people frame it as).
    You said why right there dude. Bosses barely drop gear in vanilla. Getting full tier 1 will take ages unless you get a ton given to you and your friends get nothing. LFR changes that. It will thankfully never be added.

PS: The whole see content excuse is bullshit for classic. You can see it all on live right now solo anytime you want.

LFR

When there is a easy mode version you can try at any moment at the press of a button...it devalues the "actual" experience.
    Raiding AQ 40 ceases to be an "epic" experience when YOU have the option to see it at any time.

For something to be "epic" it needs to be exclusive.
    There is nothing epic in this world if its not exclusive...nothing.
    Thats just the reality if you want to call something "epic" in feeling.

Adversity creates epicness.
    A world without LFR is offers more adversity to the player and creates an epic feel when you do the actual experience.

(i still think Modern WoW should have LFR, because this are different times)
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-09-02 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    They want to be a special snowflake afking in stormwind while showin off their "hard" earned raidgear.
    I don't know what game you're playing but I doubt anybody is trying to "show off" LFR gear that notion is honestly laughable

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    When there is a easy mode version you can try at any moment at the press of a button...it devalues the "actual" experience.
    Raiding AQ 40 ceases to be an "epic" experience when YOU have the option to see it at any time.
    every raid in classic is easier than LFR currently is on retail

I am not really against a server only lfr but without it, it is also cool. You would use /who /warrior etc, to find the class you need, directly message them instead of spamming general and trade, if they are unwilling, you can offer them a gold coin or two and hire them like a mercenary. it all helps to build up a community.

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    every raid in classic is easier than LFR currently is on retail
    Humm, not exactly true for every single encounter. But for sure it is the case for many fights!

But...what does that have anything to do with what i said?

Because they want to think their digital toys are better than others'

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    LFR

For something to be "epic" it needs to be exclusive.
    There is nothing epic in this world if its not exclusive...nothing.
    Thats just the reality if you want to call something "epic" in feeling.

Adversity creates epicness.
    A world without LFR is offers more adversity to the player and creates an epic feel when you do the actual experience.

(i still think Modern WoW should have LFR, because this are different times)
    I like how you put this ... I would also like to add that it's possible for blizzard to add exclusive content for all aspects of the game (leveling, professions, dungeons etc) not just raiding ... and it can be exclusive because of the time investment required not just difficulty. If they were to do this it would give non raiders the ability to have "epic" experiences and acquire "epic" loot without blizzard needing to devalue the experience for everyone by adding lower level difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    That is not at all the reason.

I'm against LFR because it trivializes difficult content, rewards players for doing almost nothing, and makes guilds and group content irrelevant. Recruiting was much easier before LFR became a thing, partially because many people raid out of a desire to witness the content and the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Phryx View Post
    Because it gives you a false sense of accomplishment, that will lower your ambitions to actually do the content in the appropriate way: heroic/mythic with a group of friends.
    LFR only players didn't raid HC/Mythic before LFR either. So i'm not really seeing your point.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's an unnecessary difficulty mode with a reward structure that doesn't encourage players to improve themselves or actually learn how to play as a team. It's detrimental to the game.

My $0.02.

An MMO thrives when people make emotional connections in-game. LFR destroys that because you can group for content without talking to anyone. There is NO compromise here because its CORE to the game to eliminate LFR.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

The OP knows the answer to this as it's been explained for over several years since its creation.