Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I saw Just Chatting was higher than it but I figured Just Chatting was to be taken literally and it was just people chatting lol, is it a game?
    It's not a game but wow stopped being on top also league beat it earlier today and the day before. It's going down like the beta.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    Nah just chatting beat it yesterday and league was beating it earlier today. It's getting a bump because asmongold is running molten core.
    Eh.. I wasn't trying to imply it's been #1 nonstop every minute of all this time. Just saying, it still hitting #1 at all is impressive over three weeks after release.

People are streaming MC all the time now, it's not a 'bump' any more than the Masters League is bumping League of Legends.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Classic Wow Still #1.
    That's 4 Weeks Straight of it being #1.

Record has been set, won't be beat anytime soon.
    Half of it is Asmonbald.

Can we count a channel that would be watched even if he streamed himself doing the dishes?

Quote Originally Posted by Estravolt View Post
    Half of it is Asmonbald.

Can we count a channel that would be watched even if he streamed himself doing the dishes?
    Like em or not, he's pretty much been carrying the Wow Twitch Channel on his back 99% of the time. He will usually take it from 24th place to 5th just by loggin in durin BFA..

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Like em or not, he's pretty much been carrying the Wow Twitch Channel on his back 99% of the time. He will usually take it from 24th place to 5th just by loggin in durin BFA..
    tbf I'd prefer lower viewers if it meant Asmonbald doesn't paint the picture of a wow player.

Quote Originally Posted by Lashiec View Post
    Eh.. I wasn't trying to imply it's been #1 nonstop every minute of all this time. Just saying, it still hitting #1 at all is impressive over three weeks after release.

People are streaming MC all the time now, it's not a 'bump' any more than the Masters League is bumping League of Legends.
    When I use bump I mean the best possible situation for twitch numbers comes up. This isn't the average but the peak if that make sense. Bumps a pretty poor choice of words.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Isn't this because of a few big streamers?

tbf I'd prefer lower viewers if it meant Asmonbald doesn't paint the picture of a wow player.
    Well he is basically your typical Wow fanboi though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that wow classic is still #1.
    wow classic is not #1
    wow is #1
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

7+ Year Old Account
    While the hype obviously won't last, if people are discussing "oh it's not first anymore it drops when X isn't streaming" or "i saw X game pass it up once everyone was sleeping so it's not straight" etc etc.

Here's a better way in regards to twitch popularity: https://www.twitchmetrics.net/g/18122-world-of-warcraft

WoW is still listed as #1 Most Popular.

While avg viewers spiked around release and have gone down, it also seems to be reaching stabilization (at least for now) or decreasing small enough that it almost looks like it's flat-lining.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    While the hype obviously won't last, if people are discussing "oh it's not first anymore it drops when X isn't streaming"
    I mean, asmonbald has nearly 50% of the total views

just checked twitch, one streamer accounts for close to half of the viewership in WoW section and from my understanding twitch is a social platform which means if the streamer with significant following decides to stream another game then that game going to be on top, in simple terms streamer is more important than the game when it comes to viewership.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, asmonbald has nearly 50% of the total views
    It's still #1 by avg viewers aka not only "asmonbald", the other fact is he's been streaming WoW for over 2 years about, so it's not solely just cuz of him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    just checked twitch, one streamer accounts for close to half of the viewership in WoW section and from my understanding twitch is a social platform which means if the streamer with significant following decides to stream another game then that game going to be on top, in simple terms streamer is more important than the game when it comes to viewership.
    That one streamer has consistently been streaming WoW for over a couple years now on Twitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's hard carried by Asmon and Soda, but still a very big overall increase. It has died down substantially but is still one of the top games so quite impressive.

Haven't logged into mmo in years, but felt compelled to after reading this, and many other comments and posts on here.

Is there a reason why there seems to be a concerted effort to undermine the popularity and appeal of classic wow from what I assume are retail players? It comes off as defensive at best, and petty and small at worst.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawlyer View Post
    Haven't logged into mmo in years, but felt compelled to after reading this, and many other comments and posts on here.

Is there a reason why there seems to be a concerted effort to undermine the popularity and appeal of classic wow from what I assume are retail players? It comes off as defensive at best, and petty and small at worst.
    Dude your account is amazing lol, just leave it be, keep your post counts to a minimum this ain't worth it

When something gets more popular it will assuredly garner more "haters" by definition.

10+ Year Old Account

Probably because classic fanatics have a habit of shitting on everything to do with retail and refuse to just say "I don't like it" and then move on.
    Speciation Is Gradual

7+ Year Old Account
    From the same Twitch Metrics website: https://www.twitchmetrics.net/c/26261471-asmongold

You can see for his past 90 days he used to get avg about 20ish k viewers. The recent spike of 40k-60k+ people watching him can't solely be attributed to his personality.

WoW Classic is just popular right now, for how long - who knows? But it's going strong for a lot longer than I expected that's for sure.

Asmongold won't leave. He threw a hissy fit and stopped streaming WoW early 2019. His viewership declined so much when he streamed games like Metro Exodus that he came back less than a month after. When he streamed Hollow Knight, he said on stream “Obviously, people don’t like watching the game [...] I don’t want to kill my channel and lose a ton of viewers because people don’t like the game.”

Whatever your opinion about Asmongold is (I personally despise him strongly), he won't quit streaming WoW. He's not a variety streamer like Lirik who can be successful whatever he's doing.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2019-09-18 at 10:01 PM.

Oh definitely so. There is a huge reason. This is a direct attack to their rhetoric against the old ways of the game that they've been pandering on these forums for years. Prior to a definitive version of the OG game, they could simply hand wave it all away as nostalgia while confidently plopping down a soap box to lecture us all on how shitty the game used to be and how we should all be thankful for the superior changes made to retail.

These people consist of very new players who are possibly scared of what they've heard about the past or players who actually lived through the early years and were either terrible at the game and couldn't find groups or anti-social or some combination in between. They have thrived and flourished in the current iteration of the game which can be played entirely solo with no communication or effort or skill. They were the players that Activision was hoping to lure in during the WotLK years when 13 mil subs weren't enough and they needed MOAR. They've been living a pampered life ever since playing by themselves in the single player live version and are truly terrified of the popularity of classic carrying over concepts to live and forcing them to interact or play an actual MMORPG.

They now have organized the concerted effort you mentioned in the form of a smear campaign against this threatening and terrifying version of the game where they can't magically port all over kingdom come on a whim or zip from point A to B and check off their to-do list in comfortable solitude. Keep in mind they are motivated by fear; cowering in their seats at the thought of all their years of crying crocodile tears on the forums for easier access to groups, easier travel to and fro, easier questing, easier QoL in every facet of the game being for nothing as the true version of the game that they so hated looms on the horizon once more.

They're scared. And rightfully so. Money talks. And right now Classic is bringing home the bacon. While the failure of live crumbles into a withering husk.