Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    Isn't this because of a few big streamers?
    Yes it is and people are being disingenuous when they imply that the sparkling quality of the game is entirely responsible. The novelty of having it back certainly contributes but if just a few of the large streamers dropped it for something else views would plummet off a cliff. Twitch views are a dumb metric in any case and always have been.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlyer View Post
    Is there a reason why there seems to be a concerted effort to undermine the popularity and appeal of classic wow from what I assume are retail players? It comes off as defensive at best, and petty and small at worst.
    Hey and welcome!

I didn't try to undermine the popularity of Classic, have one character at 60 and done MC and Onyxia, my point was that when streamer accounts for majority of viewership that means that the streamer is popular not the game, don't get me wrong Classic has millions of active players right now but nowhere near Fortnite or Minecraft yet if going by the logic of game over streamer these games should have way more active viewership which they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Donair View Post
    They're scared. And rightfully so. Money talks. And right now Classic is bringing home the bacon. While the failure of live crumbles into a withering husk.
    How is it bringing home the bacon ? How many new subs do you honestly think they got that didn't already pay for retail ? a few 100k at most. Tokens in retail alone beat the new arrivals in classic. Classic was free, no game license to buy. Classic is not bringing in the bacon, retail is. Tokens, char services, 150 million euro the first day of bfa from expansion sales alone. classic is pocket change compared. And thats a fact

I stand by my statement that wow classic will just keep growing and can hit over 20m players. But thats only if they get rid of layering. Layering can slay wow classic. I was laughed at when i first said this, but its still going strong even this long after launch.

The truth is that wow classic is the ONLY MMO on the market pretty much. Retail isnt an mmo - its an instanced ARPG that is mostly solo-based. Retail is a couple steps away from being on a console.

All of the wow killers were also NOT mmos which is why they failed.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Yes it is and people are being disingenuous when they imply that the sparkling quality of the game is entirely responsible. The novelty of having it back certainly contributes but if just a few of the large streamers dropped it for something else views would plummet off a cliff. Twitch views are a dumb metric in any case and always have been.
    Unlike League which has similar numbers but most of them are 5k, 2k, 1k, etc... It's basically more varied.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I stand by my statement that wow classic will just keep growing and can hit over 20m players. But thats only if they get rid of layering. Layering can slay wow classic. I was laughed at when i first said this, but its still going strong even this long after launch.

The truth is that wow classic is the ONLY MMO on the market pretty much. Retail isnt an mmo - its an instanced ARPG that is mostly solo-based. Retail is a couple steps away from being on a console.

I doubt it will grow very much, only by the simple fact that it has outdated graphics it won't attract many new players.

WoW is very popular on twitch. The streamers seem to have very dedicated fans. I used to watch towelliee back in 2011 when the website wasn't even called twitch, i checked his channel a few days ago and some of the names in the chat are the same names i was seeing almost 10 years ago. WoW's numbers are also aided by the fact that some of the biggest names on twitch have been going ham since classic came out(shroud, lirik, asmon, soda).

On youtube WoW is almost dead. I don't think there's more than a dozen people making a living off WoW videos.

It's cool that there's interest in watching WoW. The WoW category on Twitch is pretty fucked up though. Asmon is about 75% of the views.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post

its already loosing players, and its out less than a month, it had its peak and now will most likely plummet down

Week 5, Classic Wow Still#1 on Twitch.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    More like Asmon nr 1 on Twitch.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    How is it bringing home the bacon ? How many new subs do you honestly think they got that didn't already pay for retail ? a few 100k at most. Tokens in retail alone beat the new arrivals in classic. Classic was free, no game license to buy. Classic is not bringing in the bacon, retail is. Tokens, char services, 150 million euro the first day of bfa from expansion sales alone. classic is pocket change compared. And thats a fact
    You should read this article and then maybe revise your statement. Unless you think more than triple of an increase would equate to 'a few 100k', then that would mean retail had a catastrophically low sub count.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=295273....enue-in-august

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Enjoying classic but lets be real: most people will never make it past 29

The game will start dying off soon, hopefully people will choose the right servers to be on when that happens

Retail will take back the reigns after the next raid drops, until then: the mainstream fps games will be back on top in no time to crush classic
    This post didn't age well.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    This post didn't age well.
    Nor will this one since the time frame you of the person you quoted isn't even close to happening yet. Literally months away. The truth is always in between the extreme view points toxic fandom drift toward.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    I'm unfamiliar with twitch as I never watch streamers, but I looked right now, and #1 on this with viewers set to "high to low" https://www.twitch.tv/directory is League of Legends, #2 is Just Chatting, #3 is Fortnite, #4 is Apex Legends, and #5 is World of Warcraft.
    The other day when I went there to get some free prime stuff, it was also not #1. Am I looking at the wrong list or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Otimus View Post
    I'm unfamiliar with twitch as I never watch streamers, but I looked right now, and #1 on this with viewers set to "high to low" https://www.twitch.tv/directory is League of Legends, #2 is Just Chatting, #3 is Fortnite, #4 is Apex Legends, and #5 is World of Warcraft.
    The other day when I went there to get some free prime stuff, it was also not #1. Am I looking at the wrong list or something?
    Yes, to suit their agenda it only counts when Asmongold is online because that is literally the only time WoW is #1 lol. Check out these numbers: https://www.twitchmetrics.net/channe...ld+of+Warcraft No one else is even close to him. Even then he has steadily been losing about 10,000 viewers per week since classic launch or in other words, hype is dying and he will revert back to his normal 20-30k viewers before long.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-10-03 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lashiec View Post
    You should read this article and then maybe revise your statement. Unless you think more than triple of an increase would equate to 'a few 100k', then that would mean retail had a catastrophically low sub count.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=295273....enue-in-august
    Not confirmed by blizzard. They do not have access to sub numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Nor will this one since the time frame you of the person you quoted isn't even close to happening yet. Literally months away. The truth is always in between the extreme view points toxic fandom drift toward.
    Meanwhile in Zandalar and Kul'Tiras, you can /who maybe 5 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Meanwhile in Zandalar and Kul'Tiras, you can /who maybe 5 people.
    Which is in no way a valuable metric to bring to the table but thanks for trying I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Which is in no way a valuable metric to bring to the table but thanks for trying I guess.
    not to mention unless you play on low pop realm in some extremely weird time, its not even true