Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Funny thing about this is that gear and progression is rendered moot a few months later into a new patch. So playing the final patch rewards you the same as routinely playing the expansion. Simply put: you'll receive the same rewards for being lazy.
    The thing is, there is no way to change that without making the game feel stale. GW2 is the best example. They try to make horizontal progression and let me tell you, i didn't stick around.
    I could agree with one thing wich is how WoW resets the gear progression with every tier. I am not a fan of that. TBC did it best imo. There were some upgrades that would help you catch up into the raid progression but you couldn't get a full gear set with badges. You had to progress through the tiers in order. With that said, i doubt they will ever do that again, cause it's difficult to explain to clueless suits why it works.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    Blizzard also stated Grom Hellscream would be the final boss of WoD when it was announced.
    Ah yes wod, the only expansion that didnt have a .3 patch during a time they were trying to do yearly expansions so everything was abandoned.

I will enjoy the 8.3 nzoth raid.

Blizzard also stated Grom Hellscream would be the final boss of WoD when it was announced.
    Yes, blizzard lies when it comes to possible spoilers and are not above changing plans. But, this was a panel in the presentation for the world to see, not a quirky Q&A session. 8.3 was clearly planned and likely has been worked on for several months now.
    Can it be cancelled? Sure, it can. But the entitlement generated will be so big they will never be able to follow through with their plans everytime some players decide to dislike something. Second, they will be seen has liars even in the presentations and untrustworthy.

They have never even teased a new expansion before the official reveal as that would obviously ruin the surprise. So, i am really sure that that wasn't a tease for the next expansion, but for 8.3. If it gets cancelled, it is a different thing. I do think they are holding onto a big reveal, wich is why they are being so secretive. Also, cause i think we have all learned that it's impossible to not be spoiled in wow these days due to datamining and they want to change that as the shock moments will make bigger reactions.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-09-19 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Yes, blizzard lies when it comes to possible spoilers and are not above changing plans. But, this was a panel in the presentation for the world to see, not a quirky Q&A session. 8.3 was clearly planned and likely has been worked on for several months now.
    Can it be cancelled? Sure, it can. But the entitlement generated will be so big they will never be able to follow through with their plans everytime some players decide to dislike something. Second, they will be seen has liars even in the presentations and untrustworthy.

They have never even teased a new expansion before the official reveal as that would obviously ruin the surprise. So, i am really sure that that wasn't a tease for the next expansion, but for 8.3. If it gets cancelled, it is a different thing. I do think they are holding onto a big reveal, wich is why they are being so secretive. Also, cause i think we have all learned that it's impossible to not be spoiled in wow these days due to datamining and they want to change that as the shock moments will make bigger reactions.
    There won't be an 8.3. At Blizzcon next expansion will be announced and phase 2 of classic released. This expansion is finished.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I don't think legendaries are coming back. For some reason, a lot of people didn't like them. I thought they were awesome because they provided great power that changed the way I played my character. I guess people got upset because they didn't find what was considered the best legendary for their spec.
    theres a fine line with legendary's. a lot of people liked that they were powerful and felt legendary in legion and changed up your rotation, but they hated that to be seen as viable you needed certain ones on a random drop.

blizz tried to strike a middle ground between the mop / wod system and the super rare drop / lots of hard end game work to get system of vanilla / tbc /wrath / cata, problem is it inherited the worst of the both systems not the best.

the power was so high it made it bis, but the accessibility made it necessity. the reason why specific legendary's were "must have" in legion over say shadowmourn or thunderfury simply came down to the availability being too high that its was relatively common to have it unless you got lucky and were thus hugely punished for being unlucky and the power and effects being such that blizzard had to balance classes and encounters around them assuming every one will get it eventually.

this ment without it you were under tuned.

and that all felt really really shit.

tbh i and i think most people would be perfectly happy with the old system where legendary's were a 1 in a million thing and that dude got the right to be singularly OP for that content tier and got to go the next without needing an up grade. as long as theres only ever 2 or 3 floating around a server its far to rare to become a necessity.

but blizzard is fucking terrified of any chance of any one being outside the normal strict, regimented system they can balance with a fine tooth comb we wont ever see blizz do things like that anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Ah yes wod, the only expansion that didnt have a .3 patch during a time they were trying to do yearly expansions so everything was abandoned.

I will enjoy the 8.3 nzoth raid.
    it would be a waste to throw nzoth away a patch after making him a real threat. but then this is blizzard, ive become accustomed to then completely failing to create any sense of impending doom or handle a villain or any plot correctly so.... w/e.... fuck it i quit months ago and i aint coming back if its gonna be more rando bullshit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    theres a fine line with legendary's. a lot of people liked that they were powerful and felt legendary in legion and changed up your rotation, but they hated that to be seen as viable you needed certain ones on a random drop.

blizz tried to strike a middle ground between the mop / wod system and the super rare drop / lots of hard end game work to get system of vanilla / tbc /wrath / cata, problem is it inherited the worst of the both systems not the best.

the power was so high it made it bis, but the accessibility made it necessity. the reason why specific legendary's were "must have" in legion over say shadowmourn or thunderfury simply came down to the availability being too high that its was relatively common to have it unless you got lucky and were thus hugely punished for being unlucky and the power and effects being such that blizzard had to balance classes and encounters around them assuming every one will get it eventually.

this ment without it you were under tuned.

and that all felt really really shit.

tbh i and i think most people would be perfectly happy with the old system where legendary's were a 1 in a million thing and that dude got the right to be singularly OP for that content tier and got to go the next without needing an up grade. as long as theres only ever 2 or 3 floating around a server its far to rare to become a necessity.

but blizzard is fucking terrified of any chance of any one being outside the normal strict, regimented system they can balance with a fine tooth comb we wont ever see blizz do things like that anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

it would be a waste to throw nzoth away a patch after making him a real threat. but then this is blizzard, ive become accustomed to then completely failing to create any sense of impending doom or handle a villain or any plot correctly so.... w/e.... fuck it i quit months ago and i aint coming back if its gonna be more rando bullshit.
    You guys say waste every patch for every villain despite them building up to nzoth since cata. This was always his expansion. Yet the other 2 old gods actually only had 1 patch.

You guys say waste every patch for every villain despite them building up to nzoth since cata. This was always his expansion. Yet the other 2 old gods actually only had 1 patch.
    Yea... And people complained it was a waste, which it was.

Its an old god..... Its ment to have some lovecraftian elements to the story or else its just hentai with swords.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    It is still the top game on Twitch, nobody is watching people play retail and when was the last time retail was the top game being watched on Twitch?
    at least retail actually has things to watch (arena, m+, RBGs, mythic raiding). what is there to watch in vanilla? leveling? people standing in one spot in MC casting frostbolt over and over? it's all hype that streamers created to capitalize on something "new" and they will all abandon it as soon as something new happens on retail and you're delusional if you think otherwise

There won't be an 8.3. At Blizzcon next expansion will be announced and phase 2 of classic released. This expansion is finished.
    Assertions are not facts. Making a new expansion still takes time, and i very much doubt they will hand the game a record 16 month raid drought. Cause there's no way it will come out sooner than 2 years after BfA.

Where are you guys taking the ideas of the Legendaries out of the blue? Lol no

- - - Updated - - -

"Ah yes wod, the only expansion that didnt have a .3 patch during a time they were trying to do yearly expansions so everything was abandoned."

Maybe because the only updates you had was a selfie cam.

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    at least retail actually has things to watch (arena, m+, RBGs, mythic raiding). what is there to watch in vanilla? leveling? people standing in one spot in MC casting frostbolt over and over? it's all hype that streamers created to capitalize on something "new" and they will all abandon it as soon as something new happens on retail and you're delusional if you think otherwise
    Yea, like who would want to watch one of the old star wars movies when you can watch "The Last Jedi". Why would you want to play Fallout New Vegas when you could play Fallout 76. Why would you want to watch early seasons of Game of Thrones when you can watch season 8?. Maybe...it's just possible... that what looks flashier on the surface is sometimes just another soulless cash grab...

Assertions are not facts. Making a new expansion still takes time, and i very much doubt they will hand the game a record 16 month raid drought. Cause there's no way it will come out sooner than 2 years after BfA.
    2019 announcement.
    Late 2020 / early 2021 release.

Unless you think they're going to announce it at 2020 blizzcon and release it late/mid 2021 in which will cause a huge content drought even if there was a patch 8.3 release sometime in early/ mid 2020 which is pretty silly.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

You had to progress through the tiers in order. With that said, i doubt they will ever do that again, cause it's difficult to explain to clueless suits why it works.
    Let's not pretend that raiders were happy with the system at the time. If you were entry tier or mid tier raiding wise during the time it might not have been as bad, but being forced to drag new recruits through 4 tiers of content was atrocious, because having to run farm raids constantly, even after a year, was just flat out annyoing. Not to mention the poaching was off the charts as getting people with decent equipment and attunements was only really possible by taking them from guilds that already did all the prerequisites, but didn't manage to clear a tier yet. As a raid leader at the time I can tell you this was far from fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    2019 announcement.

Unless you think they're going to announce it at 2020 blizzcon and release it late/mid 2021 in which will cause a huge content drought even if there was a patch 8.3 release sometime in early/ mid 2020 which is pretty silly.
    Or, 8.3 in janurary and 9.0 in august/september 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Legion legendaries were't legendary - that's the problem.

Once like in MoP where you had to work for it - I don't see a problem with them.
    Glad more and more people such as you can distinguish between what a legendary item is.

OP: Think Legion was their and hopefully last time they add legendaries in game. They we're horrible, not even worthy the name of Legendary and just a stupid idea. If that was the case should of ended in WoD or at least give players actual legendaries not the horrible implementation that we got.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Yea, like who would want to watch one of the old star wars movies when you can watch "The Last Jedi". Why would you want to play Fallout New Vegas when you could play Fallout 76. Why would you want to watch early seasons of Game of Thrones when you can watch season 8?. Maybe...it's just possible... that what looks flashier on the surface is sometimes just another soulless cash grab...
    just because something is old doesn't mean it's better (or not a cash grab), the original star wars movies aren't actually very good at all either and were basically made to sell toys. this fixation everybody has on nostalgia is a cash grab by corporations in and of itself and it's unhealthy and stagnating our culture

i hope not. We have Legendary items in the past, Thunderfury, Sunfury, warglaives of azzinoth, shadowmourn and etc. And in Legion we have the artfact weapons.

The Legion Legendary it is just a bunch of random items that noone know the name only the stats.

Yeah cool cool remember when they said wed find out the final boss of the expansion during the azshara kill cinematic? You guys should stop propagating stupid like when people thought cata was coming during 3.3 because of the wording used in the trailer.
    They never said this officially though. This was also stuff indirectly said to T&E.

I don't say 8.3 isn't happening, I just say 8.3 was never mentioned explicitly.

- - - Updated - - -

Or, 8.3 in janurary and 9.0 in august/september 2020.
    This makes 8.3 the shortest final tier ever and have the same length as the 8.2 mid-expansion-tier. Does that sound likely? I'd say rather not. I see this only as an option if the last raid is very short (like 4-5 bosses).
    Last edited by Nyel; 2019-09-19 at 10:11 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Let's not pretend that raiders were happy with the system at the time. If you were entry tier or mid tier raiding wise during the time it might not have been as bad, but being forced to drag new recruits through 4 tiers of content was atrocious, because having to run farm raids constantly, even after a year, was just flat out annyoing. Not to mention the poaching was off the charts as getting people with decent equipment and attunements was only really possible by taking them from guilds that already did all the prerequisites, but didn't manage to clear a tier yet. As a raid leader at the time I can tell you this was far from fun.
    Sure. it wasn't perfect. But it had more pluses than than negatives. Also, is it really that bad to help new players through the content? It's a group effort. I think it valued the social aspect. Also, there was catch up gear to get from badges as i mentioned. Just not full sets, but enough for people to not have to run raids all the way from karazhan.

- - - Updated - - -

2019 announcement.

Dude, you do know BfA released in august of last year and the lastest raid patch released in June of this year right? What sort of math is going on in that head i cannot understand. A new expansion is more than a year away from the last tier, and likely more than a year from now. So, it is very likely they will have an 8.3 to tide things over. Otherwise its 12+ months of drought again.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-09-19 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    If anything is planned as a big come back, I could see next expansion giving us new artifact weapons
    I wish, of all the systems blizz has tossed at us, the weapons are genuinely my favorite.