Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scubi666stacy View Post
    Aaand here we go. Good way to splinter up a community even more...
    Considering the amount of toxicity and mutual dislike there is between in the forum, I'm not sure what is the problem in separating communities which obviously don't get along.
    Also, considering the amount of rabid anti-Classic posters who seem unable to do anything but spamming the forum of the game they hate, it doesn't look like the community will actually be splintered

Lol there's not going to be TBC servers. This is all you're getting, classic. I tribute to 15 years of WoW.

TBC servers... rofl

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Do you realize how much work it would be?
    Remember when people used to say the same thing about Vanilla legacy servers?

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It wasn't, people loved FL. Honestly cataclysm wasn't as bad as people call it.
    Yea, I thought the same. I didn't play Legion, but Dragon Soul patch was the death knell for me. WoW just never was able to capture my attention like it once did.

I did start heavily drinking during Firelands from me having to kite on Seth, hunters not being able to kite, people not being able to comprehend what leg to hit, how to fly, and for the love of god loving to eat meatballs, so it could be the burn-out from that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Art the Clown View Post
    Lol there's not going to be TBC servers. This is all you're getting, classic. I tribute to 15 years of WoW.

TBC servers... rofl
    If the player base is still there, they will absolutely progress it to BC. Now, what is rofl, is people thinking they will be developing anything NEW content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    They could take a look at the EverQuest model.

Basically just staggered releases of sets of classic servers, they progress over time at their own rate.

Example

--------------------2019------2020------2021------2022------2023------2024
    Server Set A----Classic----Classic-----BC---------BC--------Wrath-----Wrath
    Server Set B-----------------------------Classic----Classic----BC----------BC
    Server Set C-----------------------------------------------------Classic-----Classic
    I think that would be a really bad idea... People playing classic who don't want to play TBC shouldn't have it forced on them, etc... They should just open TBC servers and let people transfer their characters there if they want, and the classic servers should stay as they are.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    they will obviously allow max character copy to the next expansion.

also if by chance they do mop classic, wod classic and so on, then you will be able to get classic transmog up to the account wide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at the amount of hate between retail and classic. Now add BC and Wrath in the mix.

Jesus, this forum would be on fire ALL the time.

I still think it will happen though, even if I do not really want it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    Yeah, this is one thing that I'm certain they won't be doing. Because that would be cannibalizing the retail product. They'd have to divert resources from the retail team (right now the Classic conservation team is small and they don't require art or sound assets). This won't happen.

I think what probably ends up happening (if Classic ends up being commercial success) is the EQ model, where they progress the current Classic to TBC and at the same time open a few new realms that are going to stay at Classic. This allows players who don't want TBC to move to a Classic realm, while players who want to see progression journey can continue on to TBC without re-leveling.
    Well, they could hire more people and build a new team just for classic. If they want to keep a cohesive world, naturally the assets will be low res and sounds could be reused from retail.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    I think that would be a really bad idea... People playing classic who don't want to play TBC shouldn't have it forced on them, etc... They should just open TBC servers and let people transfer their characters there if they want, and the classic servers should stay as they are.
    I think that's probably a better idea too. So Server Set A would just remain classic, B would be the BC ones where you can copy over, and C the Wrath ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    TBC is coming. Is money without having to make any content. And blizzard likes money.
    That's the bottom line right there. Basically a free stock booster around the time of a quarterly report.

They released new servers for BC, and my BC experience was 1-70 and not 60-70. I would welcome that.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    I like this idea. An idea I had was to make progression servers, where the players know from jump that it's eventually going to transition to BC and/or Wrath. But the current Classic servers should not progress beyond the phasing that's already been planned for them.

Classic should remain Classic. But it there was a pre-designated Classic server that would transition to BC after a set interval and into Wrath after another set interval I would certainly give it a try.

So in my model you have your Classic servers that remain Vanilla, your BC servers that start as Vanilla and transition to BC, and your Wrath servers that start as Vanilla tranistion to BC and then transition to Wrath.

But character transfer/copy is much simpler and accomplishes the same thing.
    Last edited by Julian Rayne; 2019-09-04 at 05:21 PM.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Well, they could hire more people and build a new team just for classic. If they want to keep a cohesive world, naturally the assets will be low res and sounds could be reused from retail.
    They could - but all of that really depends on just exactly how big of a economical success Classic is. Is it big enough to duplicate the retail team? I very much doubt it, but I guess some future investors call might prove me wrong.

However, I think more realistic alternative is that retail WoW will "learn some lessons" from the (hypothetically) wildly successful Classic and a future expansion features will be modeled according to this enormous consumer demand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    They could - but all of that really depends on just exactly how big of a economical success Classic is. Is it big enough to duplicate the retail team? I very much doubt it, but I guess some future investors call might prove me wrong.

However, I think more realistic alternative is that retail WoW will "learn some lessons" from the (hypothetically) wildly successful Classic and a future expansion features will be modeled according to this enormous consumer demand.
    Yep, I agree with you. The most likely scenario is retail learning from classic IMO. The lack of RPG elements are really hurting the game, that is just my take on it though.

Although there is the argument that could be made against such a move, that doing that might alienate the current playerbase of retail.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Releasing TBC would be missing the point of Classic project anyway. Ofc there will be people saying it's a good idea, but then there will also be people it's good idea to release Wotlk, and then some will want Cata... so what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    They could take a look at the EverQuest model.

Basically just staggered releases of sets of classic servers, they progress over time at their own rate.

Example

--------------------2019------2020------2021------2022------2023------2024
    Server Set A----Classic----Classic-----BC---------BC--------Wrath-----Wrath
    Server Set B-----------------------------Classic----Classic----BC----------BC
    Server Set C-----------------------------------------------------Classic-----Classic
    I'd love to see this model followed for WoW - people who miss events like the AQ gates in Classic could still experience them in the future on new servers, and new players who just want a group for Hogger or Vagash could get one.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Releasing TBC would be missing the point of Classic project anyway. Ofc there will be people saying it's a good idea, but then there will also be people it's good idea to release Wotlk, and then some will want Cata... so what's the point?
    The point is to relive old expansions and stop where you want. It wasn't just the vanilla pserver community that was huge, TBC and Wrath had servers that matched it

But if I have to start at 0 again in TBC that is not #NoChanges.

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    But if I have to start at 0 again in TBC that is not #NoChanges.
    I really don't seem them forcing restarting, when they do TBC (they've already mentioned how easy it would be to do) it will either be full conversion or new servers you can transfer you character to.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I really don't seem them forcing restarting, when they do TBC (they've already mentioned how easy it would be to do) it will either be full conversion or new servers you can transfer you character to.
    It'd be nice to have new servers while also keeping your old. So you can progress to TBC on one with your character while on the other that same character stays frozen in time forever for you to log in and experience some nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by myriado View Post
    I am pretty sure Blizzard will never release Classic versions of expansions. It will be fine for TBC and Wotlk, but can you imagine the negativity around a re-release of Cataclysm, or even MoP? Yeah, it would be pretty bad.
    I think people would be fine with a rerelease of MoP. But warlords, no. Unless they actually add all the cut content from that expansion then I might consider playing through that boring hell again.

Cata, unless they do separate servers for each expansion then I don’t see this one being too popular.

I’m actually for something like separate legacy servers with character copying for each server. Let’s say incendius for my realm, Incendius1 would be classic, incendius2 would be tbc, etc. I would only make it so that level 60s can transfer over to tbc and 70s to wotlk.