Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LorDC View Post
    I've already stated them. And looking at how many people repeated them in one form or another both above and below my post, they are compelling for a sizable amount of players.

You insist on repeating the same argument that squish somehow equals to robbing players of their achievements. In reality squish is purely cosmetic change that is more akin to changing casting animations or renewing old BG graphics. Yet you ignore the fact that even real "robs" in regard to leveling never caused much trouble in community.
    I've read your word vomit, and sorry, I dont buy your reasons as 'reasonable'... You will have to do better.... If your 'squish' is nothing more than 'cosmetic' as you claim, then there is no reason at all to do it... I see your desperation to convert me to your side, but it really isn't going to happen. There really is nothing you can vomit to make me change my mind. So you probably just want to run along.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post
    Everyone is too focused on level 60 just because it was the original max level; That seems really weird to me.
    Or that...
    • It's exactly half of what we have now, making the transition easy to understand for all levels in between - what used to be something that happened at 40, now happens at 20, etc.
    • There are currently 11 talent slots (7 PvE, 4 PvP), meaning that post squish at level 10 you can hand out a reward every 5 levels, which is also a clear, measured progression instead of "you get one every 15, but then it switches to 10 for the last one, and then you get nothing for the following 20+ levels... oh and the PvP ones unlock at random points"
    • By your account, it's actually make more sense to do 50 as the "nice round number" instead of 100 because it achieves the effect of cleaner number, while compressing the reward space even further. But that means that the numbers freaks would complain that the cap would be lower than it's ever been in the history of the game. 60 is IMO the lowest you could ever get away squishing to.

Quote Originally Posted by Akibaboy View Post
    Or that...
    • It's exactly half of what we have now, making the transition easy to understand for all levels in between - what used to be something that happened at 40, now happens at 20, etc.
    • There are currently 11 talent slots (7 PvE, 4 PvP), meaning that post squish at level 10 you can hand out a reward every 5 levels, which is also a clear, measured progression instead of "you get one every 15, but then it switches to 10 for the last one, and then you get nothing for the following 20+ levels... oh and the PvP ones unlock at random points"
    • By your account, it's actually make more sense to do 50 as the "nice round number" instead of 100 because it achieves the effect of cleaner number, while compressing the reward space even further. But that means that the numbers freaks would complain that the cap would be lower than it's ever been in the history of the game. 60 is IMO the lowest you could ever get away squishing to.
    I disagree that there is a way to make the transition "easy to understand". It will be a major change to the game no matter where they set max level. Decreasing levels will be much more polarizing than the ilvl squishes of the past. And I believe that removing 20 levels will go over much smoother than 60 levels. Within the scope of my concept, your first point is diminished because the leveling process (1-100) will exist separately from any expansion. That gives you some wiggle room in the design space.

The whole thing hinges on what happens after the levels are squished. Will they cap it like I suggest or will they continue to add 10 new levels per new expansion going forward? Adding more levels and just weaving in old expansions before level 60 would be super messy. What I am suggesting is much less jarring all together.

Many of us would be shocked if there isn't some major changes to the talent system in the next expansion, so I wouldn't base anything around how current talent choices "fit" within any potential level squish changes. I'm personally hoping for something new that blends the concepts of the WotLK and BfA talent systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post
    I disagree that there is a way to make the transition "easy to understand". It will be a major change to the game no matter where they set max level. Decreasing levels will be much more polarizing than the ilvl squishes of the past. And I believe that removing 20 levels will go over much smoother than 60 levels. Within the scope of my concept, your first point is diminished because the leveling process (1-100) will exist separately from any expansion. That gives you some wiggle room in the design space.

The whole thing hinges on what happens after the levels are squished. Will they cap it like I suggest or will they continue to add 10 new levels per new expansion going forward? Adding more levels and just weaving in old expansions before level 60 would be super messy. What I am suggesting is much less jarring all together.

Many of us would be shocked if there isn't some major changes to the talent system in the next expansion, so I wouldn't base anything around how current talent choices "fit" within any potential level squish changes. I'm personally hoping for something new that blends the concepts of the WotLK and BfA talent systems.
    Sure, all compelling points. Was just pointing out there's more ground for thinking 60 is a good fit than just "60?! omg it's just like I remember!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoloco View Post
    anyone still mad there was a damage squish?
    Yes... I doubt any of us, have forgiven Blizzard for any squish made.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/