Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    No.
    If I do a "/who teldrassil 1-6", I have above 50 results.
    If I do a "/who z-"teldrassil" 1-6", I have 35 results.

By default, the /who is realm-wide. The /who z-"" is layer-by-layer.
    z- is for zone and it was in vanilla. Nothing to do with layers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by reacher View Post
    I think it was mentioned in a blue post that once you are logged in and put in a layer, you won't leave that layer (or enter another) just by walking or changing zones. In order to change layers you'd have to get grouped with someone who is in another layer, or log out and then back in.
    You can change layers at loading screens as well... Boats, Zeps, and instance portals can cause a transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    I'm sure you know more that Blizzard about their own IP.
    It might baffle you but for some of the more obvious things deductive reasoning is enough

Quote Originally Posted by Chakah View Post
    z- is for zone and it was in vanilla. Nothing to do with layers.
    Did you actually bother to read and interpret what you read ? Because it certainly doesn't seem so. Maybe have a second look at the post and try to think ?

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    I don't know why you keep photoshopping. I just checked it myself and queries ``z-"Felwood" 1-60'' and ``Felwood 1-60'' return the same results. Stop spreading your propaganda.
    Then either: there isn't a layer, the layer you're on has more than 50 people capping the list, or blizzard stealth changed the display of the filter, because this was actually a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    Then either: there isn't a layer, the layer you're on has more than 50 people capping the list, or blizzard stealth changed the display of the filter, because this was actually a thing.
    It had around 17 people. May be my realm is already single-layer...

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    It had around 17 people. May be my realm is already single-layer...
    I've also noticed that both /whos now give the same results but I haven't tried to get layered off to check the difference yet. It's still possible that blizzard just broke the command itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    I've also noticed that both /whos now give the same results but I haven't tried to get layered off to check the difference yet. It's still possible that blizzard just broke the command itself.
    That would be a good thing either way. Layering is bad as it is, and more automation makes it worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you actually bother to read and interpret what you read ? Because it certainly doesn't seem so. Maybe have a second look at the post and try to think ?
    I'm not going to bother to find you one from 2004/5, but here's proof you don't know what you are talking about.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...not-know-about

Quote Originally Posted by mmocf0a8756358 View Post
    /who List players online
    /who [string[ string2...]] [num[-num2]] [r-"race"] [c-"class"] [z-"zone"] [g-"guild"]
    With no arguments, lists online players around your level in the current zone. string will list all players whose name, guild, class, race or zone contain the specified string. num[-num2] will list players within the specified level range.
    You implication that -z is a layer thing is completely wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

By default, the /who is realm-wide. The /who z-"" is layer-by-layer.
    This... This is wrong and you are going to confuse people.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    layering is an awful thing in classic, I absolutely hate empty citys and spots. I'd love to still be on the logging screen or 15 lvl instead of 45 than seeing the world so empty.
    I agree,given the amount of people playing classic iron forge should be packed with players chatting and hanging around like in vanilla but instead I see about 15 players in peak time uk,feels empty and it shouldn't.

I'm not going to bother to find you one from 2004/5, but here's proof you don't know what you are talking about.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...not-know-about
    You're still missing the point.
    Which is :
    This... This is wrong and you are going to confuse people.
    "/who X" always give a different and larger result than "/who z-"X" ", so I'm listening to what could cause this if not layer separation.
    Last edited by Akka; 2019-09-12 at 06:36 AM.