Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If you want a straight answer, get a rogue, you reroll resto druid or tell the tank to be resto druid, and your current comp is pretty much viable for +20.

Quote Originally Posted by monkaW View Post
    If you want a straight answer, get a rogue, you reroll resto druid or tell the tank to be resto druid, and your current comp is pretty much viable for +20.
    Guardian and Balance druids each have: Soothe, Hibernate, Remove Corruption, Entangling Roots, Typhoon (or Mass Entanglement), stealth (enabling all the standard skips where a resto druid would be necessary otherwise, such as in ML). Balance druid also brings Innervate, and Guardian druid brings Ursol's Vortex.

Combat res and all of the above utility is literally why you bring a resto druid, and most of this is already covered twice in OP's setup. Adding a third druid to that comp just "because meta" is dumb. I would look at Mistweaver Monk, Holy Paladin or Disc Priest. All 3 classes bring top damage and healing, and all 3 can dispel disease.

MW Monk also brings +5% physical damage debuff, Ring of Peace, Tiger's Lust, mass dispel (for all of magic, poison and disease) from Revival, but has some struggles on mana (Innervate might help). Leather healer also fits nicely in a group that already has 2 druids and will likely have a DH or Rogue. Being able to trade gear is helpful.
    Holy Pala also brings a lot of good CDs (BoP, Freedom, Aura Mastery, Lay on Hands, Bubble).
    Disc Priest also brings mass dispel (magic only), extra ranged player slot (think mechanics like 1st boss in Siege where you'd prefer boss to chase a healer, so that DPS players lose less damage), and I guess PW:Barrier is nice. But priests cannot remove Poison effects.

For absolute min-max MW Monk seems to inch out above other healers, but all 3 classes are viable and useful for timing +20s, more so than the druid given the existing comp.
    Last edited by ID811717; 2019-09-13 at 12:16 PM.

Thats a good analysis.

However, I've played both MW and resto druid to about +20 and output is far easier on a druid than on a MW. I consider myself far more accomplished on the monk but I can heal kragma / the ToS boss / whatever far easier on the resto druid. Their toolkit is just perfect for healing dungeons with how their mastery works.

I'm not saying a MW can't by any stretch but put both classes in equally skilled hands and its just easier for the resto druid. And trust me, I don't want to make the admissions I've just made because I prefer MW.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    However, I've played both MW and resto druid to about +20 and output is far easier on a druid than on a MW. I consider myself far more accomplished on the monk but I can heal kragma / the ToS boss / whatever far easier on the resto druid. Their toolkit is just perfect for healing dungeons with how their mastery works.

I'm not saying a MW can't by any stretch but put both classes in equally skilled hands and its just easier for the resto druid. And trust me, I don't want to make the admissions I've just made because I prefer MW.
    I agree with you, but I also think there's more to this story.

Resto druid is the perfect plug-and-play healer for M+. If you have a premade group that is already farming +20s, and your healer quits the game... Just find a friend who wants to level up a resto druid, power the friend through some content to get basic ilvl gear, and put the friend straight into +20 keys. And it will work - you will time +20s just like before. The healing is that easy on resto druid. (The difficulty comes from good use of utility, and good DPS. Your group will have to compensate for that for a while, but that's OK.)

The story is different for any other spec. Each of them have a a steeper learning curve even for healing. It's much harder to jump straight into +20s and heal them right away. You need to grind through lower keys first, and understand all the mechanics and timings that are crucial to the specific healing spec. But if that's the intention anyway (start from +5 or +10 and grind up to +20, one key level at a time) - then at your "skill cap" you'll be able to play any healer spec at roughly the same level. Some more differences will show as you get closer to rank 1 keys (Galvazzt tyrannical and such), but even +20 is no longer the level that would warrant that conversation. On the other hand, I find it so much more fun to play classes that require more learning, rather than a class with an expedited path to a skill cap.

The community is overcrowded with resto druids right now because of the meta. It's just hard to argue against the fact that a group has no combat res, or no displacement ability like Typhoon (especially on Sanguine weeks). So I myself have been playing a resto druid in high keys for most of BfA's duration. But if I was in a non-meta group that already brings most of the resto druid's kit for free, I would not hesitate to play another healer spec.
    Last edited by ID811717; 2019-09-13 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    Guardian and Balance druids each have: Soothe, Hibernate, Remove Corruption, Entangling Roots, Typhoon (or Mass Entanglement)
    None of those are needed, at top play the only relevant utility is Battle ress, 1 Aoe Stun, shroud and anti aggro incap (Only on sap and prison).

The rest is just damage and DR.

You can bring thousands of batman toolkit, if Prot war outdps you and have aoe stun, you'll still be tier B tank at best.

None of those are needed, at top play the only relevant utility is Battle ress, 1 Aoe Stun, shroud and anti aggro incap (Only on sap and prison).
    Can you expand on "not needed"? I can not tell whether your claim comes from ignorance and incompetence, or from standards that are set too high just for the sake of an argument. Most of the groups will not pass on Soothe on Raging weeks, and on Typhoon (or other displacement) on Sanguine weeks (but some exceptions exist). Every other ability I listed has its useful niche in M+ as well. But for the sake of an argument: most of the abilities you listed are not needed either, in most dungeons, as long as your group can play complex strats without making mistakes.

You can bring thousands of batman toolkit, if Prot war outdps you and have aoe stun, you'll still be tier B tank at best.
    Is this relevant to the above discussion? My post dealt with the choice of the healer exclusively, assuming the tank spot is already taken by a Guardian Druid.
    Last edited by ID811717; 2019-09-14 at 06:43 AM.