Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    Using Shadowmeld to avoid one-shots is something I was not even aware until I finished writing my previous post. I still think of Shadowmeld mostly as skip and recovery ability.
    Still, then we still have 2 options. Yeah, it's now more versatile. But it still either needs to be stacked or you lose 30 seconds vs the time saved or it's being used as an aggro drop which means we're not even saving time which is most people's complaint "It allows you to skip trash to save time"

But 95% of normal player groups do not 3-chest their keys. Even on my alts I prefer to join key levels that will be 50% timed/50% depleted. More gear and more AP for a reasonable difficulty level.
    you got the idea Im talking about tho, It doesnt necessarily have to be +3. anything between +1 to +3 and Im sure 99% of those groups dont even use this mechanic with night elves.

yea in motherlode we do death runs and we dont even care what is the healer, its just a very, very small bonus point that we dont even consider when we are gathering players because any class with CR will do the trick, and there is many of them there. so what if our whole team is night elves? nothing worth mentioning at all, because for example as long as its a +1 we dont care if we end up with 1 extra second or 30.

most of the time I use shadowmeld in an event of wipe so I dont have to run from the start again or pay for repairs.

Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    you got the idea Im talking about tho, It doesnt necessarily have to be +3. anything between +1 to +3 and Im sure 99% of those groups dont even use this mechanic with night elves.

yea in motherlode we do death runs and we dont even care what is the healer, its just a very, very small bonus point that we dont even consider when we are gathering players because any class with CR will do the trick, and there is many of them there. so what if our whole team is night elves? nothing worth mentioning at all, because for example as long as its a +1 we dont care if we end up with 1 extra second or 30.

most of the time I use shadowmeld in an event of wipe so I dont have to run from the start again or pay for repairs.
    Well, I guess you never had your 20 key depleted with 5-10 seconds after the timer, so you can care less. I had. I had Atal dasar depleted with 3 seconds over the timer - with shadowmeld it would be in time, because either we could do an easier cleaner skip or someone could use it on first boss to avoid mechanic and dps more, same with motherlode last week. I know, only a few people compete on those m+ leaderboards, but it’s pretty important stuff for us, as we can run only a few dungeons per week, and might not even get the one key that we want, so every deplete this close is a real bummer.
    All I want is for Blizzard to make all dungeons and raids cross-faction, so we can choose any race we want.

Quote Originally Posted by Mintra View Post
    Well, I guess you never had your 20 key depleted with 5-10 seconds after the timer, so you can care less. I had. I had Atal dasar depleted with 3 seconds over the timer - with shadowmeld it would be in time, because either we could do an easier cleaner skip or someone could use it on first boss to avoid mechanic and dps more, same with motherlode last week. I know, only a few people compete on those m+ leaderboards, but it’s pretty important stuff for us, as we can run only a few dungeons per week, and might not even get the one key that we want, so every deplete this close is a real bummer.
    All I want is for Blizzard to make all dungeons and raids cross-faction, so we can choose any race we want.
    This happens all the time if you are trying to push, when every other key is 1 level higher than you previously managed to time in a specific dungeon. So it's always about figuring out slightly better pulls, plan cooldowns better, and not die to simple stuff. And otherwise you will deplete the key by just a couple of seconds.

But pushing M+ is also a very niche activity so most people around here are basing their opinion on their M+ farm experience. Can't blame them for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Still, all the arguments in this thread would suggest that the very best M+ players in the world right now would be able to pull of something even better if they were Nelf. And out of all of them you would think that there are five who transferred just for shits and giggles to be #1 in the world.
    I think they heard you.

Lashga already transferred to alliance before we had the conversation in this thread. Now Ramfam, Drjay, Vibezz, Stonee[face], Zmug, Vira, Floorpov are following the suit.

I think they heard you.

Lashga already transferred to alliance before we had the conversation in this thread. Now Ramfam, Drjay, Vibezz, Stonee[face], Zmug, Vira, Floorpov are following the suit.
    That's good to see. Because: https://raider.io/mythic-plus-charac...ll/all#content

As of the moment of this writing...
    - 75% of the top20 M+ characters in the world are Horde
    - 74% of the top100 M+ characters in the world are Horde
    - 72.6% of the top1000 M+ characters in the world are Horde

unrelated, but still a number to think about: Eternal HoF is at 66 raids for Alliance, has been full for the Horde for an entire month now

When i first commented on the "balance" (or lack thereof) it was half a month ago. Since then the "balance" has shifted from 76% Horde in top100 to now 74%. At this pace we will have parity in ~6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Easy. Arcane Torrent is Horde, so it must be nerfed to the ground. Shadowmeld is Alliance so it's fine.
    Biased designers are biased.
    Thanks for the laugh but please do go to your special ed classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    Arcane torrent got gutted because it was "too op for dungeons and m+" but I just watched a team of 5 nelf skip all the trash between boss 2-3 and 3-4 in motherlode during the mdi and crush the time of a +18.

Is it next on the nerf list, or is it fine because its not a popular horde race.
    Shadowmeld is probably the best talent for Mythic+ yet ... but that's irrelevant because players should not care about optimization like Method for example. Bring the player and have fun, it should be your motto anyway.

Also I think that racials should be useful. Well god forbids a racial to be useful. Shadowmeld is useful in a dungeon, but that's fantastic.

That being said maybie it will be nerfed, I hope not, it won't be a good move.

[Post from 14 days ago]
    Time for an update!

Again using: https://raider.io/mythic-plus-charac...ll/all#content

As of the moment of this writing...
    - 90% of the top20 M+ characters in the world are Horde (up from 75%)
    - 83% of the top100 M+ characters in the world are Horde (up from 74%)
    - 73.5% of top1000 M+ characters in the world are Horde (up from 72.6%)

Obviously the "swing towards Nelf" was short lived.

I can see people coming about shouting something like "What streamers or some no-life-freaks do does hardly affect anybody and these percentages are in no way representative for what the average WoW-Player experiences in every day play!"
    So i will add another number to this post: The number of characters between a rating of 1000 and 1500 in the european and american regions, because those should be the "average players" who use these forums, am i right? So here goes:

Europe:
    Number of characters between 1000 and 1500 total: 145,386
    Horde%: 62.36%

United States & Oceania:
    Number of characters between 1000 and 1500 total: 77,926
    Horde%: 61.04%

My biggest surprise with this data was how little characters there are on the US compared to EU. I had also anticipated the Horde% to be higher...but >60% is still a much bigger margin than what caused Brexit and Donald Trump to happen.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-10-20 at 01:59 AM.

Time for an update!
    Just on the front page, you can see Drjay, Stoneeface and probably some others are back to Horde. It's probably too early to tell whether Drjay's plan on transferring twice every week will have any longevity. He is now focused only on MDI Finals, not on pushing.

I would not expect to see any sizable statistical shift toward alliance in short term, because of the reasons explained earlier in this thread (hard to leave behind raiding guild and most of the M+ pushing friend list). But these back-and-forth transfers already set some precedent, so it will be interesting to see how it reflects in the community.

WoW Classic split the community in half, so the activity in M+ is very low in the recent months. I don't know how it feels up there, but people in world 200-1000 feel the lack of player activity very much, even on horde side. In these circumstances transferring to alliance is pure insanity.