Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    [Post from 14 days ago]
    Time for an update!

Again using: https://raider.io/mythic-plus-charac...ll/all#content

As of the moment of this writing...
    - 90% of the top20 M+ characters in the world are Horde (up from 75%)
    - 83% of the top100 M+ characters in the world are Horde (up from 74%)
    - 73.5% of top1000 M+ characters in the world are Horde (up from 72.6%)

Obviously the "swing towards Nelf" was short lived.

I can see people coming about shouting something like "What streamers or some no-life-freaks do does hardly affect anybody and these percentages are in no way representative for what the average WoW-Player experiences in every day play!"
    So i will add another number to this post: The number of characters between a rating of 1000 and 1500 in the european and american regions, because those should be the "average players" who use these forums, am i right? So here goes:

Europe:
    Number of characters between 1000 and 1500 total: 145,386
    Horde%: 62.36%

United States & Oceania:
    Number of characters between 1000 and 1500 total: 77,926
    Horde%: 61.04%

My biggest surprise with this data was how little characters there are on the US compared to EU. I had also anticipated the Horde% to be higher...but >60% is still a much bigger margin than what caused Brexit and Donald Trump to happen.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-10-20 at 01:59 AM.

Time for an update!
    Just on the front page, you can see Drjay, Stoneeface and probably some others are back to Horde. It's probably too early to tell whether Drjay's plan on transferring twice every week will have any longevity. He is now focused only on MDI Finals, not on pushing.

I would not expect to see any sizable statistical shift toward alliance in short term, because of the reasons explained earlier in this thread (hard to leave behind raiding guild and most of the M+ pushing friend list). But these back-and-forth transfers already set some precedent, so it will be interesting to see how it reflects in the community.

WoW Classic split the community in half, so the activity in M+ is very low in the recent months. I don't know how it feels up there, but people in world 200-1000 feel the lack of player activity very much, even on horde side. In these circumstances transferring to alliance is pure insanity.

Shadowmeld should not allow restealth.

It's fine as a way to dodge cc, or a big chaos bolt or something - a bit annoying but only as annoying as something like war stomp. However it should not synergize with rogues and druids the way it does.

So to sum it up what the OP wrote:

MY BELF GOT NERFED; IT'S SO UNFAIR THAT THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE NOT PLAYING BELF AND HAVE AN EQUAL GOOD RACIAL. (even if it isn't the case)

Sorry, but alliance is already pretty shafted in every direction, blizzard will not be as stupid as to nerf a single alliance-race, rather they either remove active racials completely, or buff the alliance ones.

Or they could just allow horde and alliance players to be able to do instanced content together. I would reroll to night elf in a second.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    An Alliance racial is better in some way for a very very niche cheese strat in a niche part of a niche element of the game which provides a minor advantage, more a convenience than anything, over the common way of doing that negligible component and the Horde are crying about it. Yeah sounds about right actually.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    An Alliance racial is better in some way for a very very niche cheese strat in a niche part of a niche element of the game which provides a minor advantage, more a convenience than anything, over the common way of doing that negligible component and the Horde are crying about it. Yeah sounds about right actually.
    Can say that about everything. Any ability doesn't really matter except the top segment of any activity - mythic raids, high M+, top end PvP - but for this minority it can be defining and we have the right to complain. If you don't take part in these activities, then why do you even care that we do?

5+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    That's good to see. Because: https://raider.io/mythic-plus-charac...ll/all#content

As of the moment of this writing...
    - 75% of the top20 M+ characters in the world are Horde
    - 74% of the top100 M+ characters in the world are Horde
    - 72.6% of the top1000 M+ characters in the world are Horde

unrelated, but still a number to think about: Eternal HoF is at 66 raids for Alliance, has been full for the Horde for an entire month now

When i first commented on the "balance" (or lack thereof) it was half a month ago. Since then the "balance" has shifted from 76% Horde in top100 to now 74%. At this pace we will have parity in ~6 months.
    so basically any alliance CE guild is a top 100 alliance by default now lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mintra View Post
    Can say that about everything. Any ability doesn't really matter except the top segment of any activity - mythic raids, high M+, top end PvP - but for this minority it can be defining and we have the right to complain. If you don't take part in these activities, then why do you even care that we do?
    But all of these MDI players play Horde outside of the MDI. The exact same players. So obviously they do NOT care about the racial anywhere near enough to even consider a switch. Which is the absolute opposite of a racial looking overpowered. They only opt for the racial in a very specific tournament that is NOT AVAILABLE TO BE PLAYED on live servers at all. So why should live servers - where these players all play Horde - be changed because of content that is not available to live servers?

The OP claimed it was the same as with Belf-Racial - which is not true. The Belf racial DID impact live server statistics. A lot. The Nelf racial does not. That is the difference. It is not the same. Disable all racials in the MDI if you must so everybody can run around playing the naked Belf they always wanted to play (except for the RDruid Heal, obviously) and i bet the OP will NOT complain about everybody playing Belf because that would be 100% fine with him.

But all of these MDI players play Horde outside of the MDI. The exact same players. So obviously they do NOT care about the racial anywhere near enough to even consider a switch.
    As I posted earlier in this thread, DrJay is literally making his viewers donate so he can faction change in between horde and alliance every week (raids on horde, M+ on alliance). Zmok faction changed to alliance too. You can probably find more MDI players doing that.

Reminder that shadowmeld is a bigger dps cooldown than Feral druid's Berserk(3min CD) and that hack Ian is ok with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    As I posted earlier in this thread, DrJay is literally making his viewers donate so he can faction change in between horde and alliance every week (raids on horde, M+ on alliance). Zmok faction changed to alliance too. You can probably find more MDI players doing that.
    So a cutting edge guy is "making" his viewers pay for him to faction change every week rather than say "making" them either get him another account or say paying for a boost of an alliance character or three.

Sounds like it's a streamer doing dumb streamer shit and while it certainly effects the game at large as he is an influencer, it's not really that big a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    So a cutting edge guy is "making" his viewers pay for him to faction change every week rather than say "making" them either get him another account or say paying for a boost of an alliance character or three.
    This makes no sense. DrJay is doing rank 1 keys. It's obvious he will funnel all time (from M+ and raiding alike) into a single character. If raiding needs to be done on horde and M+ needs to be done on alliance, then weekly transfers is the only way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Sounds like it's a streamer doing dumb streamer shit and while it certainly effects the game at large as he is an influencer, it's not really that big a deal.
    Yes, it's not a big deal. I just had to point out that it's not true "all MDI players play horde outside of MDI".

Really puts the televangelists to shame doesn't it?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

This makes no sense. DrJay is doing rank 1 keys. It's obvious he will funnel all time (from M+ and raiding alike) into a single character. If raiding needs to be done on horde and M+ needs to be done on alliance, then weekly transfers is the only way to go.

Yes, it's not a big deal. I just had to point out that it's not true "all MDI players play horde outside of MDI".
    Umm, if you'd watched the MDI you'd have known that DrJay cycled through at least two characters.

Also it makes far more economic sense to simply boost two or three alliance/horde alts and get them geared rather than pay to swap constantly.

At this point in a week you can be at neck level 65, essences are a pain but can easily be handled and just in his practice runs he'll get geared.