Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Well, they've added servers AND increased server capacity in the meantime, didn't they? Since none of us knows the exact figures it's all just speculation, isn't it?

Not to mention free server transfers. I won't keep you from doomsaying though if this is what makes your boat float, keep on!
    I stopped having queues the exact same day Blizz increased the server cap.
    Up until then i had queues everyday.

Cant be coincidence.

It won't be anywhere near as steep as the BFA drop off.

It's just a load of cope from the activision dev team who don't want to be upstaged by a 14 year old game.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    8.2.5 is not really content heavy patch. Besides war campaign, there doesn't seem to be much in there to compete with Classic - unless there's some amazing content that wasn't yet data mined. Or if party syncing is something more amazing than it seems at first.
    There's a lot of new stuff. A new mount for Alliance, new pets, new raids with a dragon mount as a reward, the war campaign wrap up (which won't mean it's kumbaya time for the factions), Wrathion's return, Old style Alterac Valley and more. Those are the things I care about and they all blow anything Classic has to offer out of the water. A game that has an overarching story that continues. Not the comparatively boring dead end been there done that known as Classic. I couldn't care less about synching or Recruit a friend.

Classic is retail with all the good stuff torn out and the old outdated things being all that's left. Good for a bit of nostalgia but really nothing else.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolt View Post
    Yeah! At least a dozen.
    Just like their are millions upon millions playing Classic.

All fake numbers,

Mage grind spots went from 5-6 mages per layer and tons of people checking the spot, to finding an open farm spot no problem now. for me at least only level 45

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    lol, the majority of classic players won't touch retail.
    Our guild has 175 players who log in daily, only 15 of them actually play retail and only 30 of them have played retail in Legion or BFA.

Sorry but nobody from Classic is going to jump back to retail. Retail as a game is just complete junk.
    Wow. I'm glad you were able to take the sample size of your guild and apply it to the entire WoW playerbase for such an exquisite analysis of what players want out of the game. Truly remarkable detective work.

If one goes by the amount of characters created which roughly adds up to about 5 million players at the launch of classic, we have to consider chars created VS more importantly, people playing.

This is where it gets fuzzy for alot of classic fanboys, and haters alike.

People want numbers like 5 million to sound amazing, but you have to consider thats 5 million people that got to about level 5, and created a char, Not 5 million people still playing classic servers.

Realistically id say after the first month that dropped by 1.5 to 2 million if not a little more.

By the end of classic I genuinely doubt more than 1.5 million will be playing by its final phase, the AQ phase might give some traction because its the AQ opening event hype all over again, but only if they add a promotion such as: Do AQ in Classic, get AQ mount in Live.

They need promotions to keep casual interest, or they will loose them fast.

Classic's "rose tinted goggles" have come off, now, its just a case of can people still keep playing it 6 months later, the realistic answer? Not likely.

This is why I said classic is damned to fail, its not that its a bad idea to create something people loved 15 years ago, its that people loved it 15 years ago, not now, and those who still do will be devoted a bit longer, until they hit level cap, do a few MC runs, and have nothing to do.

Even those doing BWL, and AQ and ZG wont really -care-.

Theres alot of implication that Classic was ever hard, there may be "some" truth to that around AQ and Naxx, but until then yeah, no it was never hard.

There hasn't been a 'steep' drop yet, but there's certainly been a noticeable one just judging by guild activity/friends/twitch numbers etc

Login servers in Europe are full atm.

Meaning there is a queue before the actual queue to enter the server. There are 2 queues now.

Im glad seeing the steep decline hasnt started yet (T_T) but imo it will happen later (and i hope im wrong)

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Well, they've added servers AND increased server capacity in the meantime, didn't they? Since none of us knows the exact figures it's all just speculation, isn't it?

Not to mention free server transfers. I won't keep you from doomsaying though if this is what makes your boat float, keep on!
    You know I never actually argued that classic WoW is failing or anything? That's your own paranoid conspiracy. All I'm saying is that there is absolutely a drop-off in interest. No plummeting, just an expected calming down of the hype in the post-release period as is the case with every game release ever.

I don't think the server transfers have too much of an impact given the other Oceanic servers are usually low pop. Also, over this last weekend I experienced a first: no queue times, including for a log-in on Saturday at 1900 which is a time that usually has long queue times. I think it's going exactly how Blizzard expected.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    You know I never actually argued that classic WoW is failing or anything? That's your own paranoid conspiracy. All I'm saying is that there is absolutely a drop-off in interest. No plummeting, just an expected calming down of the hype in the post-release period as is the case with every game release ever.

I don't think the server transfers have too much of an impact given the other Oceanic servers are usually low pop. Also, over this last weekend I experienced a first: no queue times, including for a log-in on Saturday at 1900 which is a time that usually has long queue times. I think it's going exactly how Blizzard expected.
    It's funny that there are so many people here trying to bitch at Blizzard for not opening enough servers then "just merge them later." There's a very good example of a game that did exactly what it is that most people on this forum are recommending. It was called WildStar.

And we all know how that turned out.

(If you're interested, here's a pretty fascinating video about it.)
    Last edited by Relapses; 2019-09-23 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    Wut? Paranoid? I thought we were just arguing...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Login servers in Europe are full atm.

Meaning there is a queue before the actual queue to enter the server. There are 2 queues now.

Im glad seeing the steep decline hasnt started yet (T_T) but imo it will happen later (and i hope im wrong)
    Dont think that was an actual queue. It continued to the night with bnet eating shit.

New ddos or just servers going weird.

The drop off will happen. It is a game with Finite content. It is just when it happens and how much.

I think a lot of people loved the initial release. Seeing hundreds of people, fighting for monsters, and everyone being super new again. Once you get outside of the starting zone, there are wayyyyy less players. After a while, you begin to realize, you are poor, weak, and everything takes forever; which does not appeal to many players.

I think the majority of classic players will get to 60, and return to BFA after Blizzcon.

The good thing about classic is the finite content, and people will return sporadically in the coming months once content is released.

Only had a 200 player queue which took about two minutes to get in last night on Skeram. I expect phase two and the removal of layering towards the end of October.

I just want to see how much of a mess the streamer-filled servers will become.