Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
15
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    Let people reach 60 first as that is a lengthy process for people that did not sleep only 12 hours total in the first week. Then watch them as they realize the first raids are boring and there's not really much to do. Especially the instance farming crowd which is now a plague.

    "Modern WoW is no longer immersive and all you do is instanced content"
    Joins classic and does 95% instance farm runs ... the irony.
    I agree with you, instance farm is against the spirit of Vanilla and IMO is a consequence of people refusing to agree with the game's demand of:
    "If you want to reach max level, you need to play for months"

    Its a huge demand from a game to a common person. People are not patient. Simple as that.

    Im having tons of fun leveling in the world BUT while im playing i think to myself:
    "There is no way other people will put up with this...im probably the only one enjoying this"

    Thats what i think, but i could be wrong.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Phases are not gonna bring people back though
    yes they will lol

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    yes they will lol
    Not too many reasons to return besides bgs opening, unless you are a raider

  4. #84
    Yeah, it's gonna be steep. A lot of people - me included - had forgotten just how nice some of the QoL improvements were. Brack was right in that regard. Think I'm gonna sit Classic out and wait for TBC/Wrath servers.

  5. #85
    I think there will be a steep drop-off even though I am really enjoying the game.

    The main reason is simply because it's 1.12. There were too many dungeons nerfs and classes buffs between 1.1 and 1.12 to call it the same game. While the leveling is still really interesting, the actual difficulty is nowhere what is was in Vanilla. It is what people experienced two years later after all the catch up mechanics and classes overalls. Warriors got about 50 buffs between 1.1 and 1.12, easily do double or triple dps and it is really noticeable on Classic where most classes do almost two times the dps they would do in 1.1. I never played on private servers and only experienced 1.12 during my Naxxramass raiding so I didn't expect it to trivialize previous content so much and I have to admit that I am a little shocked to see that they decided to go with a version that is pretty much the equivalent of LFR for the first two or three tiers.

    That said, the game is still really fun and I've seen everybody around me having a blast struggling versus two mobs or more and this is the most important. Classic's main purpose is not to stay in a contained and perpetual state but to make developers realize that for the past decade, WoW has been going in the wrong direction only focusing on people who only look for non challenging repetitive content with instant gratification. Despite the 1.12 not allowing us to show that in dungeons, I believe that the message has clearly been sent to Blizzard: We have been ignored for over a decade but we are still here, us who thrive on challenge and accomplishment. We dare you to make an expansion not only for us but that includes us.
    Last edited by Loeko; 2019-09-08 at 12:34 PM.

  6. #86
    The Patient Agrossive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    327
    I cant stop playing myself. Idk what it is but its all i think about all day, i haven't been this addicted to game video game since modern warfare 2 years ago. I think the feeling of powerlessness of classic vs the uber powefulness of bfa is what i like. In bfa it doesnt even feel like im making any conscious choices, just zombie mode the whole time. In classic everything matters and needs to be taken into account before doing anything.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrossive View Post
    In bfa it doesnt even feel like im making any conscious choices, just zombie mode the whole time. In classic everything matters and needs to be taken into account before doing anything.
    Let's be real. The only thing that matters in classic leveling is not pulling more than you can chew.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    yes they will lol
    No they won't

    The people who are gonna no life the shit out of ranks are already doing it and phase 2 is not gonna attract new players in the slightest

  9. #89
    Most people will take so long to get to endgame and grind it that the next phase will be out with more grind. Etc. it’s built perfectly for the casual player

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I predict Phase 2 to be a total massacre to the casual community. And by that i mean it will be a massacre to 80% of players playing on PvP servers.
    Honor system implemented without Battlegrounds?

    Expect the entire casual community to experience the South Park episode maybe many will quit even. Not sure though
    Good for you. I bet one day in the future something something will make so and so quit because I have an agenda too.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrossive View Post
    I cant stop playing myself. Idk what it is but its all i think about all day, i haven't been this addicted to game video game since modern warfare 2 years ago. I think the feeling of powerlessness of classic vs the uber powefulness of bfa is what i like. In bfa it doesnt even feel like im making any conscious choices, just zombie mode the whole time. In classic everything matters and needs to be taken into account before doing anything.
    Same. This is the most fun I’ve ever had in wow and I’ve played since vanilla. Returning friends, bfa guildies who quit mythic raiding to join me, and new players irl friends who have never played WoW once before classic.

    I wouldn’t go back to retail now for anything. I’m having more fun with wow classic than anything since mw2 like you said. Before wow classic I couldn’t remember my last all nighter gaming but with classic it is the norm. Like digital heroin. Addictive in a way retail could never be to me

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    No they won't

    The people who are gonna no life the shit out of ranks are already doing it and phase 2 is not gonna attract new players in the slightest
    Sure it won’t. Just like no one would wanna play classic right? Classic has a timeless appeal that will attract new players through word of mouth.

    I know wow classic players who have never once played WoW prior and are telling their non WoW friends about it

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Good for you. I bet one day in the future something something will make so and so quit because I have an agenda too.
    Im a classic fanboy, but its going to be a massacre exactly like the south park episode

    And im on the casual side, because there is no way i will be max level before phase 2.

    I dont have an agenda, as i dont believe forums can change the future of WoW. A lot of people believe this...but is a conspiracy theory kind of deal.

  13. #93
    as for now, i think i want classic access for the rest of my life

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Same. This is the most fun I’ve ever had in wow and I’ve played since vanilla. Returning friends, bfa guildies who quit mythic raiding to join me, and new players irl friends who have never played WoW once before classic.

    I wouldn’t go back to retail now for anything. I’m having more fun with wow classic than anything since mw2 like you said. Before wow classic I couldn’t remember my last all nighter gaming but with classic it is the norm. Like digital heroin. Addictive in a way retail could never be to me

    - - - Updated - - -



    Sure it won’t. Just like no one would wanna play classic right? Classic has a timeless appeal that will attract new players through word of mouth.

    I know wow classic players who have never once played WoW prior and are telling their non WoW friends about it
    Except everyone who wanted to play WoW has played WoW in one of the iterations. Classic will not attract new players through it's lifespan, it doesn't work like that at all.

  15. #95
    Stealthed Defender unbound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Posts
    5,941
    I would expect that reality will not be the simple black and white answers that permeate this thread.

    I actually expect things to overall drop slightly. More specifically, I expect a lot of people to drop out who feel that Retail is better for their own personal reasons. However, many (myself included) will be spending many months playing Classic, and I think you will find that there is growth from others who don't like Retail for their own personal reasons.

    The important reality is that Retail is not nearly as good as its fanboys want you to believe. Many of the reasons people give why Classic will fail actually apply even more so to Retail. Retail is a quick dead end to boredom (unless you like getting the same gear over and over and over again with slightly better stats). Classic is a slower burn with substantially more to do overall since Classic was never exclusively about end-game (unlike Retail).

    I would remind people that the doomsayers originally said that there would be a steep drop-off after the 1st week as people would discover how absolutely horrible Classic was compared to Retail and, well, that didn't happen, did it? The doomsday predictions of month 1 will likely be just as wrong.

    Then again, Retail players said similar things about BfA. 8.1 was supposed to fix all issues, then 8.2 was supposed to fix all issues, and now 8.3 will fix everything. These people are, if nothing else, consistent with the goal post moves.

  16. #96
    We are better, older, and more experienced with more sophisticated raid mechanics.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Except everyone who wanted to play WoW has played WoW in one of the iterations. Classic will not attract new players through it's lifespan, it doesn't work like that at all.
    That’s funny because I know 5+ classic players who have never once played a minute of wow prior to classic

  18. #98
    Classic will indeed take a nosedive.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Im a 22 priest right now and... the slow pace is really getting on my nerves now. But i intend to keep going.
    Oh, you've seen nothing yet.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    That’s funny because I know 5+ classic players who have never once played a minute of wow prior to classic
    And 2/3 of my friendslist has already dropped classic again. Now since you're too thick to grasp what's going on, let me break it down.

    I said in a reply that Phases are not gonna get people back
    He said it would
    I said that people who already no life the game will still no life the game when Phase 2, casuals are not gonna login to "enjoy" getting ganked everywhere
    Then you come in and say "Hur hur and you people said no one would play classic" which was entirely not the point.
    Then you bring up "BUT I HAVE WORD OF MOUTH FRIENDS NOW ONLINE WHO HAVEN'T PLAYED"
    Which again has nothing to do with what we were talking about. We're talking about phases encouraging new players which it doesn't.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •