Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    What is your opinion after playing the game and CONSIDER in your opinion the current market of videogames?
    Classic will take a steep nose-dive. I'm already done.
    Streamers will inevitably move to other games as their audiences get bored of the same stuff and start complaining.
    The current videogame market is better than ever, so there's always stuff to play. People are not playing Classic because there's nothing else, they are playing it for a quick fix of nostalgia.

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep is out soon. Blizzard will announce new stuff in BlizzCon, the Classic hype will die. As it should. It's a shitty, old game.

I've got to 25 and I've pretty much given up on it.

WoW Classic has successfully destroyed our raiding and M+ teams, and what is odd is that people aren't on either BfA or Classic any more.

I had expected to last 2 months, but given my raiders/M+ people convinced me to roll on PvP server - there is no longer any point playing given the time spend on corpse runs now.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Yes, tell the potential new players to leave. You know, the players that need to stay in order for a game to be successful long term. Your post is basically asking for the game to be on life support, slowly bleeding out. It benefits you to keep people playing longer. I don't understand how people can talk so much bullshit about community while saying such antisocial things. Being social isn't about hanging out with your friends. It's about meeting NEW people. A social person would want as many people to play as possible, but those people don't want to be social. They just want their cool kids club.
    Good lord, talk about missing the point entirely.
    I want people *who doesn't enjoy classic* to leave so those who do is left on the realms we have.
    No, classic doesn't need the BFA players who makes it clear they dislike pretty much everything about classic, because they aren't the type of player classic appeals to.
    Thus I want the classic population to stabilize faster.

One just has to scroll through any classic thread and see plenty of people who clearly aren't the target demographic of classic.
    Bla bla bla game is grindy and leveling is slow
    Yeah, no shit. And that's what some people want.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2019-09-08 at 06:56 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Lucifron-DE, the biggest PvP server with same-timezone went from 28.000+ to zero queue in 1 week.

People clearly overestimated the time commitments in classic, this happens when people play Retail in the casual content bubble.
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    This is inevitable, all in all Vanilla was great back in 2005, but in 2019 it's just an old thing that will get on people's nerves pretty fast once the hype wears off.

MC being literally one-shot by sub-level 60 people with random gear is not helping, especially seeing BWL won't be out for months.

Of course it will, probably within a month or two.

Classic is a very slow and tedious game, and back 15 years ago that was fine because there weren't many games that offered the same style of progression. Now there are plenty, not even just MMOs, things like unlocking cards in Hearthstone or grinding MMR in DotA didn't exist back then. WoW was really the only game you could truly grind nonstop and not get bored of. Today that isn't the case. So people will try classic and then realize how tedious it is and grind other games that are more rewarding.

Personally I made it to 24 on a Hunter and I'm undecided on if I'll keep going. I enjoyed vanilla, but now everything is known. So you get to 60 and then what? Grind MC once a week for the next few months until phase 2? I mean there isn't even really any PvP to do until ranks and BGs come out.

I do expect it to spike up with the release of each phase. I figure in the next month or so people will hit 60 and then start quitting since the end game is kinda non-existent, but then they'll come back in phase 2 to try world PvP and BWL if that's released then, and then they'll quit and come back in phase 3 for BGs and then quit when they see the absurd grind required for high warlord. And that'll keep happening until the final phase and classic will drop off significantly. Also I'm assuming each phase will have slightly fewer players as people who come back in phase 2 and quit may not come back for phase 3 onwards.

anyone who doesntl ive in his own bubble knows the droppoff will come within a few week when the journey for most is over and theres literally no engame except very clunky 40man raids.

but who cares? in the end it will be the real classic fans who will stay just like on pserver and it will still be more than enough ppl to enjoy. i dont need 500k ppl playign the same game.

most people are "you think you do but you dont" especially these wannabe veterans

Yeah, to me it is kinda obvious. Never expected classic as designed to have any longevity. There is too many bugs, too much class inbalance and no endgame content. The good parts of the game is not going to outweigh the bad ones in the long run.

I think that a remastered WoW that took elements of the previous expansions and incorporated stuff from newer expansions into the old would have had a good chance of being a massive long term hit. A WoW designed around vanilla #nochanges never had a chance to last for a long time though.

There will of course always be players playing Classic, but in the end it will become like a large private server.

I love classic, but I don't think I'm gonna even finish playing this month. Rather go back to some good private server, where I don't have to pay for absolutely same quality. The only single plus "official" server has is PVE realms. That's all.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's going to have a big drop off, that's a given, how much of a drop off is the question. I think it's going to be similar to WoW throughout the years, as in it will be up and down with patches and content. I think the numbers will go down as people try it and realise it's not for them and people reach 60 and get a bit bored or are satisfied with hitting the max level. However, I imagine it will then go up as the patches and content come out and carry on like that.

It's going to keep a fair amount of players and always be playable, I imagine, but the real defining question to me is what do they plan to do after all of Classic is done? I think that's what's going to define the game as a whole and decide how many people keep playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    I love classic, but I don't think I'm gonna even finish playing this month. Rather go back to some good private server, where I don't have to pay for absolutely same quality. The only single plus "official" server has is PVE realms. That's all.
    So you would rather risk losing your characters / server getting closed than pay a sub. If money's too tight to afford a wow sub you should have other priorities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    So you would rather risk losing your characters / server getting closed than pay a sub. If money's too tight to afford a wow sub you should have other priorities.
    I don't think he was saying money is a problem, more that he can play the same game for free. Personally, I'd rather pay the money to have an official server that will never go down, has more players, and has a lot of scope for the future. Each to their own, though.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    However, I imagine it will then go up as the patches and content come out and carry on like that.
    Am I missing something or is there a secret catch-up gearing in content patches I am not aware of? Vanilla had nothing like that and the boosting of a seasonal player with the low amount of random loot in raids did not help.

If you stop playing classic, you are cut of the endgame. What casuals can do is turn in runecloth for the AQ gate opening, that will happen in the middle of the night on a workday or participate in the pre-naxx invasion to get some green items.
    -

phase 2 will be huge due to WPvP

phase 3 also cause BWL and BGs

phase 4 moderate because of ZG

phase 5 huge cause of AQ war effort and 2 raids

and then TBC .. and then the holy grail - Wrath
    Last edited by Life-Binder; 2019-09-08 at 10:46 AM.

the simple fact that the game has no continuation makes the drop off inevitable, i mean even the most dedicated classic lover will get his chars to the max, level his professions, get his gold, get his mounts, clear nax, have fun with his PvP etc

and after that what? will he keep doing Nax and pvp over and over? for how long? classic has no future, it's a dead end (just pls don't tell me they'll move to BC afterwards... BC has all the stuff classic players hate: flying to trivialize world content,arenas to trivialize WPvP/bgs etc) intended for people to have fun for as long as it lasts

and not to mention how many people are there only to see what's classic is like, or people who keep complaining about stuff like pruning in class design only to find out in classic most skills were never even implemented in the first place and 2-3 button rotations were the norm back then

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Good lord, talk about missing the point entirely.
    I want people *who doesn't enjoy classic* to leave so those who do is left on the realms we have.
    No, classic doesn't need the BFA players who makes it clear they dislike pretty much everything about classic, because they aren't the type of player classic appeals to.
    Thus I want the classic population to stabilize faster.

One just has to scroll through any classic thread and see plenty of people who clearly aren't the target demographic of classic.
    Bla bla bla game is grindy and leveling is slow
    Yeah, no shit. And that's what some people want.
    If you want to claim something is an acquired taste, you have to allow other people time to acquire it. Some will. Some won't. The forums are a terrible example of it because people only come to forums to whine as there is no actual forum community. There are just a bunch of assholes whining and sniping insults at each other. That is a people issue. Not a game issue. Everyone here is just so jaded they can't even show basic decency to each other. It's not going to get better on its own because of some magic pill, and everyone stands to benefit from being more positive. It doesn't cost you anything, and the world is brighter for it. If you really want to be the bigger person, be a bright spot in someone's day. It's extremely difficult giving how much shit slinging there is, but at least give it a try. Contributing to it certainly isn't helping.

Believe me, I'm just as tired of both sides' shit. I know I need to do better about it, but the Classic "community" are the ones in the wrong on this one with their high school clique bullshit.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    the simple fact that the game has no continuation makes the drop off inevitable, i mean even the most dedicated classic lover will get his chars to the max, level his professions, get his gold, get his mounts, clear nax, have fun with his PvP etc

and after that what? will he keep doing Nax and pvp over and over? for how long? classic has no future, it's a dead end (just pls don't tell me they'll move to BC afterwards... BC has all the stuff classic players hate: flying to trivialize world content,arenas to trivialize WPvP/bgs etc) intended for people to have fun for as long as it lasts

and not to mention how many people are there only to see what's classic is like, or people who keep complaining about stuff like pruning in class design only to find out in classic most skills were never even implemented in the first place and 2-3 button rotations were the norm back then
    And there in can lie an big issue, are people will to keep playing the same thing for years knowing that there will be nothing new coming their way..

Was watching a video from Taliesin & Evitel about this and the possibility of using unfinished or cut vanilla content to add more to classic.. The problem with that is that it then sends the game into a completely different direction where BC, WoTLK and so on never happened.. Since a lot of that unfinished/cut content ended up in later expansions..

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Im a Classic fanboy and this game is for me the one and only game i will be playing for months to come.
    And even though i used to get mad everytime i read Blizzard's "we expect a steep drop-off in interest"...after playing the game, i have to say i agree with them.

I dont think i need to repeat myself but this game is for me the best thing in videogame history, yet i think its only for incredibly patient people.
    And do you think the majority of the current market is "incredibly patient"? In the age of "zoomers"? I dont think so...imo.

This is all a personal opinion after playing the game AND thinking to myself...there is no way the rest of the world enjoys the same things i do.
    Even though im enjoying it like crazy, i dont believe todays market enjoys the things a 30y old me enjoys.

And im "ok" with this.
    I dont need Classic to be a success to prove anything to others. I just want it to exist so i can play it with other people who also enjoy it.

What is your opinion after playing the game and CONSIDER in your opinion the current market of videogames?
    Let people reach 60 first as that is a lengthy process for people that did not sleep only 12 hours total in the first week. Then watch them as they realize the first raids are boring and there's not really much to do. Especially the instance farming crowd which is now a plague.

"Modern WoW is no longer immersive and all you do is instanced content"
    Joins classic and does 95% instance farm runs ... the irony.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    phase 2 will be huge due to WPvP

phase 3 also cause BWL and BGs

phase 4 moderate because of ZG

phase 5 huge cause of AQ war effort and 2 raids

and then TBC .. and then the holy grail - Wrath
    Phases are not gonna bring people back though

There's a hype (not using this as a negative word, clarifying to avoid triggering people) and lack of new content will cause people to lose interest quickly. This is natural for almost any given entertainment product. This is especially true when the majority of the players already played WoW extensively in their lives, if not this specific iteration (vanilla). In the end, you are also spending 15 dollars a month for a 15 year old game. Yes, there are phases for "new" content, but vanilla in its entirety is already 13 years old. Some people would simply want to reallocate that resource elsewhere.

People that fervently argue otherwise seem to think the competition only comes from retail because the refute is always "oh classic is better than BFA because of X and y", when a lot of people will simply spend their free time on other things to do, games or not. The expected dropoff shouldn't affect your affection for the game either if you like it, so I don't see the reason to be so defensive about it.