... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    If we went by what's "popular today" there would be people playing BFA lol
    fucking /thread lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Holy fire > MB > SWP > Wand

It's literally a Netflix rotation
    I mean, its fucking slow, not hard

I'm wondering how much borderlands 3 is going to impact both retail and classic. Despite what some hurr durr epic store people claim, that game is going to be immensely popular come Friday.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    I'm wondering how much borderlands 3 is going to impact both retail and classic. Despite what some hurr durr epic store people claim, that game is going to be immensely popular come Friday.
    Dunno about classic, since the hype is still there, but its definitely going to affect retail in some degree, given that retail is on the "waiting for patch" phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Im a Classic fanboy and this game is for me the one and only game i will be playing for months to come.
    And even though i used to get mad everytime i read Blizzard's "we expect a steep drop-off in interest"...after playing the game, i have to say i agree with them.
    [/B]
    Well, it seems that Blizzard has lowered the maximum amount of players allowed on a server to encourage people to take their free transfers. Kromcrush went from a 10 min queue on Monday to a 40 min queue on Wednesday, and it has their "hey, don't like the queue? Take this transfer!" button right in your face. They also seem to have reduced the layers, so theres a shitload of people running around in every zone, making it tough to quest.

This kind of suggests that Blizzard hasn't seen the player drop-off they were expecting so far. They're suddenly realizing that they have servers with 30-40K ACTIVE players, and those servers will basically never have layering removed if they don't spread people out.

In other words, players aren't qutting as fast as they'd hoped, so now they're scrambling and trying to force people to transfer. Really, everything about this launch has given evidence to the theory that Blizzard didn't expect classic to be a hit. They seem to be way behind the curve, which is pretty telling about the current state of the company.
    Last edited by phattsao; 2019-09-12 at 02:09 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I can't find the steep drop-off quote but do vaguely remember reading it. Did they say when they expect the "steep drop-off" to happen? Because Classic hasn't been out for a month yet. So if they said something like "we expect a steep drop-off after a couple of months" we're not quite at that point yet. Just saying.

Although yeah, everything I've seen seems to indicate that Classic is growing as we move along, and considering we've already had a few "oh shit, here's a couple of new servers" moments, I do think maybe Blizzard underestimated how popular Classic was going to be.

Im a Classic fanboy and this game is for me the one and only game i will be playing for months to come.
    And even though i used to get mad everytime i read Blizzard's "we expect a steep drop-off in interest"...after playing the game, i have to say i agree with them.

I dont think i need to repeat myself but this game is for me the best thing in videogame history, yet i think its only for incredibly patient people.
    And do you think the majority of the current market is "incredibly patient"? In the age of "zoomers"? I dont think so...imo.

This is all a personal opinion after playing the game AND thinking to myself...there is no way the rest of the world enjoys the same things i do.
    Even though im enjoying it like crazy, i dont believe todays market enjoys the things a 30y old me enjoys.

And im "ok" with this.
    I dont need Classic to be a success to prove anything to others. I just want it to exist so i can play it with other people who also enjoy it.

What is your opinion after playing the game and CONSIDER in your opinion the current market of videogames?
    it will remain good for until the last patch. People in PvE realm might get bored early. The PvP lovers will love this game. There are also a lot of raids and it takes time to run them. I know some people are already 60 and finished the raids but these are the no life tiny minority. These guys will get bored (asap hopefully) and we'll be left with normal people taking their time doing everything the game has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by brt2pp View Post
    yes, i start loosing intrest and i haven't even reached lvl 60, i know many people does to, most people i was in guild are now offline, only 2 others remained, i doubt many people that started playing 2 weeks ago are still playing
    Complete opposite in our guild.
    Currently 195 members and the longest last online is 2 days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    My realm from queue of 7k on EU went to medium and trade chat is spammed by the same five ppl.Dead game.Soon.
    This is beyond false. I would go as far to say you're not even a classic player.
    The game on even a low pop realm is BEYOND active.

If anything, retail is a ghost town right now and that game is pushing to be dead.

I assumed there would be one from the start, but once that steep drop off happens, I think it will settle into a stable ongoing population. I always expected a couple servers for Classic. That they started off with so many (and had to) surprised me.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think i need to repeat myself but this game is for me the best thing in videogame history, yet i think its only for incredibly patient people. And do you think the majority of the current market is "incredibly patient"? In the age of "zoomers"? I dont think so...imo.
    I disagree with this hypothesis.

I think that Classic fans need to get over their need for self agrandizement and stop being so condescending towards everyone who doesn't recognise Classic as the most awesome thing since Vanilla. It just comes across as puerile and offputting to everyone else.

There are many reasons why some people don't want to play Classic or aren't going to stick with it. And there are many reasons that some others will. Just because someone happens to not like Classic doesn't mean that there is something wrong with them (in this case that they are "zoomers" with a patience deficiency).

The biggest reason people aren't going to stick with Classic is that game has moved on 15 years ago. Most people are more interested in trying out new things than repeating the same thing over again.

It really is ok that other people don't like Classic as much as you do. It doesn't mean you're wrong. It doesn't diminish you or your value in any way. You can both be right at the same time in exactly the same way as it's ok to have different favourite flavours of ice-cream.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    If anything, retail is a ghost town right now and that game is pushing to be dead.
    Case in point....

I think the popularity of classic is catching them off guard , so much so that It will impact 9.0
    I can imagine a lot of internal meetings and ATVI telling Blizzard Do more of this, its making us money. I can easily see them making a lot of drastic changes to 9.0, scrapping ideas to knee jerk react to the popularity of classic .

This current dev team is going to screw up retail so bad it wont even be recognizable anymore . While Classic is great and I am enjoying it tremendously, I think ATVI is going to force Blizzards hand on WOW
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    The best thing Blizz could announce at Blizzcon this year is plans to add new content on new "Timelost" classic servers. They could add new raids and areas based on what-if scenarios. What if Illidan invaded the Blasted Lands through the Dark Portal? What if that Old God had corrupted the Pandaren? There's a lot of cool stuff they could do.

IMO the hardest part would be getting the art team to replicate Classic's style for new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    If we went by what's "popular today" there would be people playing BFA lol
    And there are. I logged in last night and saw more people in Nazjatar than I have seen anywhere in Classic. Still groups of people killing the same thing. The difference is that in Retail, if you get one hit in, you get credit and loot. That's a much better system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whistl3r View Post
    Yeah the sensible conclusion is they've got a toon to lvl 20 and just decided to roll something else in another guild.
    Or that they have stopped playing entirely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Complete opposite in our guild.
    Currently 195 members and the longest last online is 2 days.

- - - Updated - - -

This is beyond false. I would go as far to say you're not even a classic player.
    The game on even a low pop realm is BEYOND active.

Untrue on all counts from what I have seen. Classic pops have lessened and Retail is still going strong.

People are losing interest in Classic as was known would happen. I got a Druid to 25 and I'm not sure I'll go any further. The lack of an overarching story is a big minus plus the gameplay is too frustrating.
    Last edited by Dch48; 2019-09-12 at 04:22 PM.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

The only thing I kinda like about retail WoWs dungeons and raids. The way classes are homogenized to the point we do nothing really special anymore (I don't even have auras anymore!), content outside of raids, and the way stuff like flying is handled these days just doesn't jive with me.

The problem with that is, dungeons and raids are way more fun for me in Final Fantasy 14 so I have no reason to wanna play retail WoW. Not to mention the FF14 story is better, but anything is better than Garry 2.0

Classic doesn't have as good of raids (I do like the maze build of dungeons like BRD) but everything else I find more enjoyable to play. It's not a competing game for with with retail or FF14 so I play classic and FF14 together instead of classic and retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    Hardly news, Moana

https://venturebeat.com/2014/04/29/g...-on-a-console/

I expect a steep drop off the same time the rose coloured glasses fall off. 15 year old gameplay, primitive graphics, outdated mechanics, 15 year old paradigm,. the older gamer doesnt have the time to waste on useless trivia.

If WOW had launched this without a dedicated fanbase the game would crater at mach 10. Any new game with Vanilla like gameplay would be a financial black hole.
    Finally found someone saying that.

I have tried it for a few days and my main take on it was that if it didn't have "Warcraft" in the title people would have considered it another bad MMO. Except with shittier gameplay than what is currently expected of games and a damn ugly world with nothing interesting in it to show for the amount of time you spend just walking. If the game was called anything else and made by another company no one would have given it any attention.

I played it for a few days with my brother before quitting. I asked him what he thought was fun or a great experience from the game and all he could say was "but it's so nostalgic! And retail WoW is so bad atm".

I dont think i need to repeat myself but this game is for me the best thing in videogame history, yet i think its only for incredibly patient people.
    And do you think the majority of the current market is "incredibly patient"? In the age of "zoomers"? I dont think so...imo.

This is all a personal opinion after playing the game AND thinking to myself...there is no way the rest of the world enjoys the same things i do.
    Even though im enjoying it like crazy, i dont believe todays market enjoys the things a 30y old me enjoys.

And im "ok" with this.
    I dont need Classic to be a success to prove anything to others. I just want it to exist so i can play it with other people who also enjoy it.

What is your opinion after playing the game and CONSIDER in your opinion the current market of videogames?
    Its not as much about patience as it is about having a ridiculous amount of time to waste

My friend went through 10 years of painstaking med school, residency and than surgical residency, she plays some live but dropped classic because its too slow, does she lack patience?

Meanwhile my roommate is incredibly impatient and loves classic
    Last edited by RomanceDawn; 2019-09-12 at 05:06 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Classic pops have lessened and Retail is still going strong.
    As soon as Classic went active, there was a marked difference in activity on Live. AH activity was non-existent, group finder was almost empty, zone chats were quiet. There were still players around, but probably about a quarter of normal.

But after a week activity started picking up again. It's still noticeably quieter than when Classic first opened, but the activity on Live is growing daily.

I would imagine there is a proportional reduction of activity in Classic.

All of this is pretty much how I think most people expected things to go, although to be fair, I think the initial interest in Classic, which we all suspected would be big, was even bigger than almost everyone expected.

My personal hope is that Live will have returned to normal within about a month, and that Classic will stabilise with a decent enough population size to keep the game healthy. Win-Win

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudenoso View Post
    Finally found someone saying that.

I have tried it for a few days and my main take on it was that if it didn't have "Warcraft" in the title people would have considered it another bad MMO. Except with shittier gameplay than what is currently expected of games and a damn ugly world with nothing interesting in it to show for the amount of time you spend just walking. If the game was called anything else and made by another company no one would have given it any attention.

I played it for a few days with my brother before quitting. I asked him what he thought was fun or a great experience from the game and all he could say was "but it's so nostalgic! And retail WoW is so bad atm".
    I'll give you some real reasons:

- a real sense of progression. You can feel the difference when you equip a good piece of gear, or unlock a new talent.

- a challenge. In some ways, yes Classic is easier because there are less mechanics. In other ways, it is much harder.

- a slower pace. I like having most players running around, instead of being mounted. I like depending on quest text to do them.

- less 'junk'. Retail levelling is full of obsolete mechanics and gear with flattened stats. Professions are mostly irrelevant. Classic is the opposite, everything makes sense.

- seeing the old WoW. As a Horde player who started Wrath player, this is not just nostalgia. Questing as a human has a bunch of storylines I have never seen before.

- a fresh server/economy. This has little to do with Classic itself, but playing on a brand new AH is something I've never experienced before. It's a lot of fun, and I expect Blizz will add seasonal servers in the future to accomodate this kind of gameplay. A seasonal Retail server could be a lot of fun.

It will happen a few weeks after the majority of the playerbase hits 60. So i'd expect 6-8 weeks before that steep drop-off.

Players will reach 60, run a couple of dungeons, get some bis, and when faced with the next step in content (raids, schedules, commitment, organization, etc), they will start veering off from the game, or simply running new characters.

I'm having a blast leveling characters, but i expect it to become a bit worse when trying to run elites or non-popular dungeons down the line, with way less people leveling\running alts, but so far, making the most out of it

If phase 2 activates fast tho, that drop-off will probably not be as high as there will be honor and abundance of world pvp.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2019-09-12 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    I mean, its fucking slow, not hard
    Which is what i wanted to explain. There's nothing hard about levelling priests, it's just very slow TTK and running