Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Which is what i wanted to explain. There's nothing hard about levelling priests, it's just very slow TTK and running
    you can try leveling faster, pulling more.. then it wont be as easy

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    you can try leveling faster, pulling more.. then it wont be as easy
    Doing dumb shit makes life harder, more news at 11

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Doing dumb shit makes life harder, more news at 11
    dumb? leveling faster is dumb? gotcha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stricks View Post
    Everywhere I go is absolutely packed... I have not noticed any dropoff yet whatsoever.
    Layers are going down too btw. They said that it is in single digits in a blue post (1-5)
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Leveling faster while taking too many risks is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I doubt if many on this site will believe this and it may be wishful thinking but if WoW is to grow at all it's future is with older gamers. I'm not so young myself having been around for the launch of D1, Ultima1, Bard's Tale and games of that nature. I find that not a few of my friends find WoW as a relatively inexpensive way to spend some of their leisure time. I've done some volunteering at assisted living centers and more than once I've passed rooms where the game was plainly visible on resident's monitors.

The market is there if Blizzard wants to take advantage of it and I only see it growing if the word gets out. Even for those on fixed incomes $15 a month goes a long way toward filling empty hours with something that keeps their minds active and has a social component that is quite different from what is normally written about here.
    I am, once again, in a guild where most people are older than me (I am in my mid 40s). I specifically searched for a guild of Vanilla players in order to have a nice experience in Classic and it turns out most of my guildies are 50s and up. It actually isn't all that surprising to find this demographic in MMOs, as you have pointed out. Older people tend to have grown children, many are retired and they love the social aspect of gaming. They have the time, the patience and love helping each other out. Playing Classic has been very pleasant so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Leveling faster while taking too many risks is dumb.
    how so? leveling slow as shit is dumber

Thankfully PvE servers don't seem to have had a steep drop off because we don't have to put up with cunt bags when questing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    It's hard to know for sure. I hope they reveal numbers for Classic. Such as:

How many unique accounts played during the first week versus week 2, 3, 4, etc? How many re-subscribers or net new subscribers played week 1?

There are definitely a good portion of the player base that only logged in for the first week or two just to check it out, with no intentions of playing regularly.
    Blizzard hasn't given these types of numbers since their subscriptions started to fall. Hopefully the Classic numbers are so good that Blizzard wants to brag again and releases them. I'd be very curious to see what these are!

pulling more than you can handle is dumb

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Yes, I think there will be a very steep drop-off although it may look more like a landslide than a cliff. People will take a while to get to end game (perhaps) and then make their own decisions about whether or not to continue. Some will, many won't. Some will stop at the next BfA patch and not come back until we hit whatever content drought we get at the end of the expansion.

Wasn't it you that was angry that people were saying this just a few days ago? It seems inevitable to me that this would happen. It's the nature of anything that gets a lot of hype. It's more physics than faith.
    Dude its going to have a bit of a steep off, but nothing more than what's bfa is getting atm, you remember BFA launch, Legion Launch etc.. Classic is way better at retaining players than launch of those expansions.

I think there will come a little drop off, then people will realize classic is way better mmo than retail and come back and it will grow in subs. Classic is like a fixed version of BFA tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Layers are going down too btw. They said that it is in single digits in a blue post (1-5)
    We don't know if the layers are going down. The only thing they said about them was one week ago, and was, exact words :

All realms have a single-digit number of layers. Most of them have a low single-digit number.

So, Classic killed retail WoW and now is slowly diying itself?)
    good

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    good
    You obviously only read what you wanted from the thread, but it certainly goes well with the hate circlejerk that caracterize MMO-Champ when it comes to Classic.

Servers still just as full as last week on the logging page. Still finding 35 lvl 2 characters at around 20h. Still about 20 to 30 seconds to fill a full page in my chatbox.
    Both have been exactly the same for one week. When I read the official forums it's mainly people having fun, when I play it's mainly people having fun.
    It seems that this forum lives in its personal alternative space.

Last night had a wailing caverns run that took over 2 hours... lol.. we all didnt know where to go, mage dcd after first biss and had to find replacement and guide him back to us. Some died after druid pulled extra mobs when we were trying to slip past them. Got lost and people died trying to run back and had to release again (druid ran out of seeds to rez). Had to find another dps in order to do murloc boss. What a mess. Lol.. that place is a fucking maze. Want to know the best part? No one raged at each other and we got through the dungeon and said good night.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-09-12 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Last night had a wailing caverns run that took over 2 hours... lol.. we all didnt know where to go, mage dcd after first biss and had to find replacement and guide him back to us. Some died after druid pulled extra mobs when we were trying to slip past them. Got lost and people died trying to run back and had to release again (druid ran out of seeds to rez). Had to find another dps in order to do murloc boss. What a mess. Lol.. that place is a fucking maze. Want to know the best part? No one raged at each other and we got through the dungeon and said good night.
    Dude...Wailing Caverns is a nightmare

Having played it, I know I'd play the absolute shit out of... I guess another weird fork with TBC onwards re-played.
    They have all the kit and versions for it, run (yearly?) seasons, some small token for retail account usage for those that might care...
    I dunno, would appeal to some for sure, not sure it would be a thing many would care for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Even if Classic became and stays huge, Blizzard is still in a shit ton of trouble. They just don't release compelling products anymore that isn't just rehashing their golden days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    pulling more than you can handle is dumb
    well some people cant handle many things so? that makes it harder

I wanted Classic. I am enjoying Classic. Five people I have known in the past have come back to it now. I highly doubt I will play Retail in the future ever again, I have what does it for me. I can see myself playing a min of at least a year. There will be a base for it always.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    good
    Well this is someone bitter and with a weird agenda. Shame.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **