Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The queues are going to get bad again when layering is turned off before phase 2. I think the majority of "tourists" have already left, I doubt many would stay this long if they weren't planning on staying for the long haul. I think the population is going to go up from this point on as more content is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyyte View Post
    Wow classic is not an endless grind. Leveling is not that hard. I've leveled mostly through questing and doing dungeons with friends, having a fucking great time in discord. We challenge ourselves, like four manning SM without a tank, and have a wonderful time. I'm mid 40s and I only play at night after the wife and kid have gone to bed.

The times I do grind, like when i'm farming tailoring mats, I genuinely enjoy it. That's because I have a very mentally demanding job (i'm a motion graphics artist and 3d animator) and a family to take care of. I don't mind turning my brain off and putting on some good music and doing something repetitive for a bit.

I'm in my mid 30s and play mostly with people of the same age. We value community. Which is why Classic is perfect for us.
    And you didn't address what I said whatsoever. Not even a tiny little bit.

Whether or not you enjoy it or find it a dull grind isn't indicative of age. I thought Vanilla leveling was boring AF by the time the game publicly launched since I had already done it several times in closed beta. It was just a means to an end to play the aspects of the game I enjoyed. Good for you, you have a different opinion and you enjoy leveling. That doesn't mean you're older and it does not mean someone who disagrees with you is a child. The irony is that you were actually a child when Vanilla launched, so maybe that is why you are confused as to what someone older than you would think.

I'm not arguing about whether or not it is a tedious grind, because that is a subjective opinion. My quote was in reference to your grandpa bullshit, falsely equating enjoyment of a particular thing with age or maturity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I highly doubt the game will hold down customers for any considerable length of time.

Paying 15 dollars a month for questing that's years outdated and dungeons and raids that have a definite end? And for what? The pleasure of grinding all the while?

That's not what's popular today, nor do I see any indication that it's going to go back to it. And I'm sure some people will get to the point where it just becomes their "turn off their brain" activity and play the game for some time to come, like with Diablo 2. But that's going to be a very small number of people.
    I think you are looking at it wrong. Yes you know exactly what you are getting, but the gameplay is much different than BFA/retail. I honestly have zero desire to log into retail, but classic got me glued. I love that shit takes a long time. Everything is meaningful, you can't just zoom all over the world and complete it all in 30 minutes time, but that is OK. The gameplay feels meaingful and it is fun to explore the world again. That is what I'm paying 15 dollars to do, not just another zoom-zoom mobile game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Methodd View Post
    The queues are going to get bad again when layering is turned off before phase 2. I think the majority of "tourists" have already left, I doubt many would stay this long if they weren't planning on staying for the long haul. I think the population is going to go up from this point on as more content is released.
    I'm worried about server pop though. Smaller realms will slowly get smaller, meanwhile the bigger realms will get bigger. It is a snowball effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Estravolt View Post
    It will take a deep dive in a month or so, due to lack of endgame outside raids
    It won't, because leveling is that slow and leveling muiltiple characters is the norm by now, just this isn't as easy as people remember it to be.

Actually the whole leveling process of multiple chars is a game of its own here.

And there are important phases to unlock, like the pvp title phase, besides endgame raiding, kills are still not worth any honour, pvp vendors are empty in p1.

And while many stuff needs to be unlocked i find it still way more enjoyable than retail with its many shortcomings, like pvp scaling, or scaling at all, i never liked scaling at all, i prefere high level mobs to melt my face, too.

oh......and sharding + warmode on/off destroyed wpvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardourdan View Post
    Step 1: Look at Battle.net friends list

Step 2: Are your friends still on Classic?
    1 still is out of about 10-11 that were playing when I looked on release.

But that's anecdotal evidence. Maybe I tend to make freinds with people who are similar to me and arn't as interested in wow anymore. Of the ones in my freinds list who played it only 2 came from retail the rest I hadent seen except on Facebook or the odd hs or overwatch game for years, so my reasoning is that there reasons for quiting now is easentialy the same reasons they quit last time and the same reasons I quit wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vivapin8 View Post
    Ah so that's the real reason so many people are shit@$! on classic, I was wondering why they couldn't let others play in peace...
    I still hold to my prediction that classic spells the end of wow (both retail and classic)

This lack of players retail guilds are having now, the guild collapses... That's what's going to happen in classic when 8.3 or 9.0 releases. Then retail will suffer it again when classic has a phase release or retail has a content slump.

The constant struggle of guilds and raiders in both games to keep stable numbers a progress with elements flip flopping, the lack of a dtable community and freind group will eventualy get old for alot of people and wow I belive as a whole should start bleeding subs at a higher rate than it has been for the last decade in about a year.

Out of the 12 friends I made during classic wow only 2 "quit". (the other one was offline for 3 days so far only). They all changed server tho
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Classic is not a success why is every WoW related google search adding 'classic wow' to it as a suggestion right at the top?

Overall population does seem to be holding up better than I thought it would, which is kind of exciting. But I think that the 2 biggest inflection points will be when the first and 2nd monthly sub re-up dates happen. I know people who wanted to be there for launch, and most of them have already stopped and unsubbed. I also knew some folks who planned on letting the launch calm down and settle before they would play. Most of them waited a week or 2 and are still playing and getting into the high 20s/30s.

Anecdotally based on my friend's list and the guilds we are in, it appears that the majority retail people (that I know, something like 25 of the 35 retail ppl who tried classic) and the folks in their random classic guilds have already quit and a slightly smaller group of people who I haven't seen on my bnet in a while have started playing. I'd assume that the 2nd wave of ppl is what has continued to prop up server populations, and that as the 1st and 2nd monthly sub dates come up the population will probably take a decent hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    If Classic is not a success why is every WoW related google search adding 'classic wow' to it as a suggestion right at the top?
    Whats next? Wow is success because owen wilson says wow so many times?

Quote Originally Posted by calanos View Post
    Anecdotally based on my friend's list and the guilds we are in, it appears that the majority retail people (that I know, something like 25 of the 35 retail ppl who tried classic) and the folks in their random classic guilds have already quit and a slightly smaller group of people who I haven't seen on my bnet in a while have started playing. I'd assume that the 2nd wave of ppl is what has continued to prop up server populations, and that as the 1st and 2nd monthly sub dates come up the population will probably take a decent hit.
    Weird, majority of my retail friend list is the opposite, they are still slowly leveling, online every now and then for M+/Raid/3rd day of WQs, back to Classic, but the people that returned a few seem to have already disappeared, while the rest are either the type that hasnt been on Bnet for 4 years and is mega casual like 20-30 at the moment.

People that enjoy WoW, will enjoy both versions, thats all there is to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RainBoi View Post
    I think you are looking at it wrong. Yes you know exactly what you are getting, but the gameplay is much different than BFA/retail. I honestly have zero desire to log into retail, but classic got me glued. I love that shit takes a long time. Everything is meaningful, you can't just zoom all over the world and complete it all in 30 minutes time, but that is OK. The gameplay feels meaingful and it is fun to explore the world again. That is what I'm paying 15 dollars to do, not just another zoom-zoom mobile game.
    And how many people is that appealing to? Especially when the number of people that are "nostalgic for killing zhevras in the barrens" is not an increasing number?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    thats based on the data google has on you.

I expect a drop but I dont think it will be as dramatic as people think. There's a lot of people who miss this version of the game and are perfectly happy just leveling and having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhanzai View Post
    I expect a drop but I dont think it will be as dramatic as people think. There's a lot of people who miss this version of the game and are perfectly happy just leveling and having fun.
    having fun with what.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    having fun with what.
    The exact same thing retail players do.

Without the noise of transmog ruining the fun.
    Being an elitist jerk.
    Farming BiS gear.
    Pwn some noobs in PvP with said bis gear.
    Make a crap youtube pvp video no one will ever watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    The exact same thing retail players do.

Without the noise of transmog ruining the fun.
    Being an elitist jerk.
    Farming BiS gear.
    Pwn some noobs in PvP with said bis gear.
    Make a crap youtube pvp video no one will ever watch.
    That sound more like being sad and an asshole, not really "fun"

But I guess that's why most people arn't into MMOs anymore.

That sound more like being sad and an asshole, not really "fun"

But I guess that's why most people arn't into MMOs anymore.
    I love playing the "social hierarchy" game in MMO's...even though im NEVER at the top of the food chain.

Uh, i guess i was once at the top in Wrath of the Lich King when i got 2100 rating for the first and only time in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I love playing the "social hierarchy" game in MMO's...even though im NEVER at the top of the food chain.

Uh, i guess i was once at the top in Wrath of the Lich King when i got 2100 rating for the first and only time in my life.
    But why? No one really cares anymore who's top or good in retail or classic.

So many whiny babies in this thread confirmation biasing themselves to death.

Classic is a raging success and isn't going anywhere - get over it, jesus.

But why? No one really cares anymore who's top or good in retail or classic.
    In PvP?
    It doesnt matter if no one cares, my gear will make me powerful and will enable me to have more victims than usual.

Bonus points if you look good while doing so, without transmog.

This is the type of game i play in all MMO's. Vanilla happens to be perfext for my needs.

Social Hierarchy > PvP > Looking Good > Profit