Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    In PvP?
    It doesnt matter if no one cares, my gear will make me powerful and will enable me to have more victims than usual.

Bonus points if you look good while doing so, without transmog.

This is the type of game i play in all MMO's. Vanilla happens to be perfext for my needs.

Social Hierarchy > PvP > Looking Good > Profit
    But that Illusion broke years ago. There's no longer a social heirachy, wow pvp is no longer seen as that highly skilled, more just gear v gear and classic looks like a pixilated dump.

I don't see how wow classic or retail actualy full fills your needs from a game. But I imagine you Probly already know that in as far as retail and will likly figure out classic isn't any different.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    But that Illusion broke years ago. There's no longer a social heirachy, wow pvp is no longer seen as that highly skilled, more just gear v gear and classic looks like a pixilated dump.

I don't see how wow classic or retail actualy full fills your needs from a game. But I imagine you Probly already know that in as far as retail and will likly figure out classic isn't any different.
    Im pretty sure Classic fills all my needs.

The brilliant thing about social hierarchies in videogames is that there is ALWAYS someone bellow OR equal to you.
    As at least 70% of the population are casuals.

Another brilliant thing in this case is that CLassic isnt going anywhere...so you will always have the oportunity to "reach the top" of the hierarchy.

Me for example.
    I want to be a "middle of the pack" player in terms of gear.
    I want BWL and Zul Gurub gear...nothing more than that.

But if someday i want to "reach the top"...the top is there waiting for me. Forever...
    Last edited by Roanda; 2019-09-19 at 01:35 AM.

The brilliant thing about social hierarchies in videogames is that there is ALWAYS someone bellow OR equal to you.

Another brilliant thing in this case is that CLassic isnt going anywhere...so you will always have the oportunity to "reach the top" of the hierarchy.

Me for example.

But if someday i want to "reach the top"...the top is there waiting for me. Forever...
    Scoial heirachys only matter if people care. If no one's bothered looking up or down then it's just pointless.

I look up to people who are really good at overwatch and destiny 2 crucible, people who have done darkest dongeons on no light insane mode.

But in wow... Its pointless because the illusion of skill is gone, it went decades ago. The whole premis relys on those below seeing those above as some how better and thus wanting to be better, but wow has such a low skill cap that every one knows your not really that much better than the casual you just have some flashy stat sticks from turning up to raids a few times a week and standing in the right spots at the right times.

But meh each tot here own, im sure you will find out in the end.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-09-19 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    My server went from Medium to High last night, seems like it's gaining momentum.
    Lol? Of course the server population varies throughout the day.

My server (Arugal-OC) goes from low/medium in the mornings to 2000+ queues around 6-9 pm before dropping to no queue again shortly after.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    The content is easy enough I FULLY expect the higher end guilds to raid with less 25-30 to spread drops better
    i wouldnt call my guild "higher end" but yeah we downed all but the last 2 bosses of molten core with 35 people 7 of them 55-59 (and 39 people, 11 of them 55-59)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Scoial heirachys only matter if people care. If no one's bothered looking up or down then it's just pointless.

I look up to people who are really good at overwatch and destiny 2 crucible, people who have done darkest dongeons on no light insane mode.

But in wow... Its pointless because the illusion of skill is gone, it went decades ago. The whole premis relys on those below seeing those above as some how better and thus wanting to be better, but wow has such a low skill cap that every one knows your not really that much better than the casual you just have some flashy stat sticks from turning up to raids a few times a week and standing in the right spots at the right times.

But meh each tot here own, im sure you will find out in the end.
    You are missing the point.
    I dont want fame. I want power. Power to defeat other people.

The hierarchy im talking about comes from power in PvP, not "fame".

Also im not sure if Classic PvP = Gear, exclusively.
    Pretty sure there some kind of skill involved

Me for example.

Well it seems that anyone with any resemblence of dedication would be able to roflstomp all the way up to Naxx, so I think that you can just aim higher for Classic
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhanzai View Post
    I expect a drop but I dont think it will be as dramatic as people think. There's a lot of people who miss this version of the game and are perfectly happy just leveling and having fun.
    The leveling phase will be very good to players, I just know that when people hit 60 and realize how easy the content is on 1.12 , as well as what a waste BIS gearing is they'l drop off like flies. It's retail all over again -- a devalued experience where your effort/time means nothing.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    The content is easy enough I FULLY expect the higher end guilds to raid with less 25-30 to spread drops better
    And the rest of the people just get left out? Or do you expect them to tackle the new tiers with 25-30 people?

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    And the rest of the people just get left out? Or do you expect them to tackle the new tiers with 25-30 people?
    Or they just do 2x 25man raids? Come on, use your head.

having fun with what.
    Playing the game.
    Who would have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    Or they just do 2x 25man raids? Come on, use your head.

It will take some time until you can 25man Rag except maybe some top end guilds.
    From what I can tell after our first kill, the healing requirement should not be a lot less with 25man - you have less inc. dmg but also less healers. So if people did maintain a proper spread during a 40man pull, it should be quite similar to a 25man pull. But at a 25man pull, each death counts way more and you have almost double the fight length. Unless you got some pretty decent gear from MC i doubt you'd be able to pull it off, if you are not one of top end guilds.

Then you have to increase your roster, let's say to 60 instead of 50. So during the time you 40man the raid, the loot gets spread even thinner. And lastly, this is probably a MC/Ony only thing - so at BWL you end up with a too large roster and a lot of effort for a bit more loot.

So as you can see, I have already used my head - I just thought you'd use yours to think further than "2x the loot = better". And to be exact is 2x the loot - but not 2x the useful loot - because youll be distributing x pieces of loot to 25 inteast of 40 people you will discover that less loot is useful. So I really doubt this to be worth it if you cannot pull it of really fast AND have a little to larger roster anyways.

Wait a few weeks till people get 60 and clear raids. Most of the crowd is only in the 30-40 bracket on my server. The amount of people waiting in front of Scarlet Monastery is astonishing.

But people will get 60 and clear raids pretty easily and then there is nothing more to do. I reached that point a few days ago. Apart from a few BIS items in dungeons there is no reason for me to log in on non raid days anymore. All professions are maxed out and all raids are cleared. I could farm for my epic mount but I don't really care and just do it while doing other stuff. What keeps me ingame is the social aspect. So everything is like 2005 already.

You are missing the point.
    I dont want fame. I want power. Power to defeat other people.

The hierarchy im talking about comes from power in PvP, not "fame".

Also im not sure if Classic PvP = Gear, exclusively.
    Pretty sure there some kind of skill involved
    It's all gear, numbers and class, there's no real skill involved in random BGs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Playing the game.
    Who would have thought.
    What's fun about it?

It's all gear, numbers and class, there's no real skill involved in random BGs.
    The only argument i have against you is that (at least for mage) there seems to be some skill involved when watching professional players play.

Examples from Xaryu:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsWHzb_WhJI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8678CssUkdA&t=0s

Incredible videos, seeing skill involved.

Ofcourse this could only be the case for mages...i have no idea how it is for other classes.

What's fun about it?
    I think that you already had answers to this question a few thousand times in this forum. If you don't find any of the reasons given fun, maybe it's just, you know, that you have different tastes ?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Estravolt View Post
    It will take a deep dive in a month or so, due to lack of endgame outside raids
    Omg, that is what is so good with classic, u don't have to do everything all the time. You can help friends, level a alt and get other professions no them, grind money in different ways, go dungeons for fun, pvp out in the wild, do professions on main, explore the hidden areas in the world by walljumping and be social.

I am so glad there is no titanforging, multiple levels of same dungeon, multiple mode on raids, no artifact leveling.

Gotta love Classic Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I think that you already had answers to this question a few thousand times in this forum. If you don't find any of the reasons given fun, maybe it's just, you know, that you have different tastes ?
    I've had one answer, and that was they find it fun to be in a social heriachy. Which is confusingly at odds with the last thousand years of our history but hay hi

- - - Updated - - -

The only argument i have against you is that (at least for mage) there seems to be some skill involved when watching professional players play.

Examples from Xaryu:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsWHzb_WhJI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8678CssUkdA&t=0s

Incredible videos, seeing skill involved.

Ofcourse this could only be the case for mages...i have no idea how it is for other classes.
    That's not incredible skill... He just ran away drinking, waited till the priests went oom on his frost shield and then beat them.

Also most of them were lower level than him.

I'll give him points for the click bait title though.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicon View Post
    Omg, that is what is so good with classic, u don't have to do everything all the time. You can help friends, level a alt and get other professions no them, grind money in different ways, go dungeons for fun, pvp out in the wild, do professions on main, explore the hidden areas in the world by walljumping and be social.

I am so glad there is no titanforging, multiple levels of same dungeon, multiple mode on raids, no artifact leveling.

Gotta love Classic Wow.
    So nothing you cant do in retail

Quote Originally Posted by Estravolt View Post
    It will take a deep dive in a month or so, due to lack of endgame outside raids
    It highly depends on when BGs and the honor system is added, I think it’s time for it already on my realm.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!