Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    It highly depends on when BGs and the honor system is added, I think it’s time for it already on my realm.
    Honor is coming in a few months Id wager, but im scared bgs are coming next year

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    It highly depends on when BGs and the honor system is added, I think it’s time for it already on my realm.
    Honor system is phase 2, (two out of three) battlegrounds are phase 3... which is going to be pretty weird, as honor system on its' own will be rather difficult to rank in. Not to mention it doesn't offer any new gameplay, until WSG/AV finally appear months later (or however long it's going to take). It's possible that some people will adapt the "play the patch" mentality from retail, unless the part they really care about is coming in the specific phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    And how many people is that appealing to? Especially when the number of people that are "nostalgic for killing zhevras in the barrens" is not an increasing number?
    Why would you appeal to the same audience that retail/BFA is appealing to? Just because people want diet coke doesn't mean you change the formula for coca cola, right? You want multiple products for multiple audiences. I also don't think every new kid on the block fancies how the current games are.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicon View Post
    Omg, that is what is so good with classic, u don't have to do everything all the time. You can help friends, level a alt and get other professions no them, grind money in different ways, go dungeons for fun, pvp out in the wild, do professions on main, explore the hidden areas in the world by walljumping and be social.

I am so glad there is no titanforging, multiple levels of same dungeon, multiple mode on raids, no artifact leveling.

Gotta love Classic Wow.
    so exackly the same s..t which you can do in retail

omg classic is real deal -_-

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Estravolt View Post
    Honor is coming in a few months Id wager, but im scared bgs are coming next year
    well duh. ofc p2 wont come sooner then january / february - because november will be 8.2.5 release and they want people there. Then april / may 8.3 and luly p3 which they will rideo n till october/novemeber release 9.0

here you go constant "content" and no whining about nothing to do in WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    That's not incredible skill... He just ran away drinking, waited till the priests went oom on his frost shield and then beat them.

Also most of them were lower level than him.

I'll give him points for the click bait title though.
    Thats the second video, yeah, i admit i turned off the video at that point. Was just resets.
    But you see several demonstrations of skill on those videos.

Arcane explosion to push back casts.
    Wanding to push back the frost bolt prevented xaryu from shattering combo.
    He tells his thought process on entire video and it shows "some" if not "a lot" of skill.

Yes. I've just finished Duskwood, and can feel my interest in the game waning. There's a big lack of interesting zones outside the opening half. Duskwood is fairly unique in that it's memorable, and has a coherent story and conclusion. From here there's only Hemet and his hunting quests to look forward to.

It's the quests that really mar Classic. The gameplay isn't that much different (only that you can't just pull whatever you want), but the quests are pure grinding guidelines.

Most people who predicted that Classic would have a huge decline put that time at around November. (including me)

We are barely even at the 1 month mark now. Why do we even have this thread? People are still leveling, ofc they are still invested.
    The lack of any form of end-game haven't yet hit the majority of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Yes. I've just finished Duskwood, and can feel my interest in the game waning. There's a big lack of interesting zones outside the opening half. Duskwood is fairly unique in that it's memorable, and has a coherent story and conclusion. From here there's only Hemet and his hunting quests to look forward to.

It's the quests that really mar Classic. The gameplay isn't that much different (only that you can't just pull whatever you want), but the quests are pure grinding guidelines.
    Yes, the freshness of leveling faded away already for me. Same here.

Specially since leveling in the world is only possible at off hours.
    So basically, i quest at off hours...and spam dungeons on rush hour.

Im loving the game though and ill push till the end

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Thats the second video, yeah, i admit i turned off the video at that point. Was just resets.
    But you see several demonstrations of skill on those videos.

Arcane explosion to push back casts.
    Wanding to push back the frost bolt prevented xaryu from shattering combo.
    He tells his thought process on entire video and it shows "some" if not "a lot" of skill.
    He's making it up to sound like it was more in depth thought than it was, I do exactly the same when I take wickets at cricket or my outside odds horse comes in, you bullshit to make it sound like you're 1000 iq'ing something when in reality any one in the know knows it was a few happy coincidences. And the general knowledge that priests have shitty mana.

For a kick start Wanding to push a cast outside shatter has to be coincidence as its incredibly un reliable with latency and classics wonky ass spell batching.

He ran away, spammed frost bolt and drank whilst the priests went oom, sums up both vids.

Already noticing less people online. People who came back for classic, on my friendlist, have left again.

once people realised how shit the grind is to 60, they leave.

Not rocket science.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by brt2pp View Post
    yes, i start loosing intrest and i haven't even reached lvl 60, i know many people does to, most people i was in guild are now offline, only 2 others remained, i doubt many people that started playing 2 weeks ago are still playing
    I joined one of the first guilds created after the servers went live. We regularly have over 100 people online, maybe you should find a new guild

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    It will take some time until you can 25man Rag except maybe some top end guilds.
    From what I can tell after our first kill, the healing requirement should not be a lot less with 25man - you have less inc. dmg but also less healers. So if people did maintain a proper spread during a 40man pull, it should be quite similar to a 25man pull. But at a 25man pull, each death counts way more and you have almost double the fight length. Unless you got some pretty decent gear from MC i doubt you'd be able to pull it off, if you are not one of top end guilds.

Then you have to increase your roster, let's say to 60 instead of 50. So during the time you 40man the raid, the loot gets spread even thinner. And lastly, this is probably a MC/Ony only thing - so at BWL you end up with a too large roster and a lot of effort for a bit more loot.

So as you can see, I have already used my head - I just thought you'd use yours to think further than "2x the loot = better". And to be exact is 2x the loot - but not 2x the useful loot - because youll be distributing x pieces of loot to 25 inteast of 40 people you will discover that less loot is useful. So I really doubt this to be worth it if you cannot pull it of really fast AND have a little to larger roster anyways.
    Oh you suddenly changed topic to difficulty, before it was just about what to do with people who can't make it to this 25-30 cut. They could very well do the easier raids with 2 smallers groups, maybe grabbing some friends&family to fill both a bit. I wouldn't be surprised to see guilds like Apes do something like this to gear up more efficiently. Then again they also have like 20 MC & Onyxia resets before new content arrives so there really isn't much need for that.

Of course this is really only useful if your primary raid roster actually has that 50-60 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    I've had one answer, and that was they find it fun to be in a social heriachy. Which is confusingly at odds with the last thousand years of our history but hay hi
    Well, if the only post you read in this forum is the one of the previous poster, then I have a good news for you : there is an entire forum filled with threads of which many of them are mostly devoted to explain what people like in the game.
    Good reading !

It hasn't even been out for a month yet, calm down.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

I would say so... queues dropped from 7 hours to 2 during prime time. I don't even need to log in via remote access to play anymore. Clearly classic is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by nodlimax View Post
    So you've been rushing two characters to max level (group AOE grinding or whatever) finishing MC in a time window where 99% of the players aren't even close to level 60 and now you are complaining that there is nothing to do? How about you treat a game as a game and not a list of check marks...

Some people have some serious issues...

Will there be a drop off in terms of active players? Definitely! Let's just wait and see what the numbers look like in a few months. I can't make any predictions regarding how many players will stay. I don't even know how long I will play.
    How is that different from the guy who didn't sleep for while he grinded to 120, cleared all the reg mythics, and on day 3 of the xpac came onto the forums to cry "where's the content"?

Depends on how you look at classic.
    For me WoW vanilla/tbc/wotlk were always much more akin to Oblivion/Skyrim/Neverwinter Nights with the option of doing multiplayer content.

People who like the current modern BFA WoW will quit classic very soon because it is quite possibly the opposite experience of what they like in BFA.

Those who like old school RPGs from the 2000s and still have the time and will to go through such an experience will probably like classic and stay subscribed more often than not.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It'll resurge with every release of new content mirroring the cycles of retail.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Well, if the only post you read in this forum is the one of the previous poster, then I have a good news for you : there is an entire forum filled with threads of which many of them are mostly devoted to explain what people like in the game.
    Good reading !
    I've read them, most of them don't actually go into any detail why they like it, they either just proclaim something is better or make a list of features they like without explaining why they find that fun.

Stating things like "I like classic because I love slower grindy leveling" isn't useful because alot of people will look at that and think the dudes a nut to like slow grindy leveling. No one explains why exactly they find those things fun. What is there entertainment value there getting from that that there not getting elsewhere for less cost.