Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    karazhan and zul aman were really well tuned as 10, they ofc became facerolly, but doing them in blues and later t4/t5 was reasonably challenging at the time, with no prior knowledge. especially trying for the mount in lower gear or during the first few raids there.

10s are great but we're talking about the difference between logistical difficulty and mechanical difficulty, getting 10 ppl together is easy. I think some ppl prefer the larger sized raids, I liked 40s it felt like there was more cumulative effort involved. but trying to get 40 ppl together and show up on the same days is where the challenge really is in classics raiding. some ppl like that masochism maybe, although these days it is difficult to find folks willing to commit to it for a long time.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-09-08 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Very interesting (weird) that you link classic to 10m raiding....
    Vanilla had its raiding based around 40m you know.
    ZulGurub was 15man raid, BRD, Stratholme, and Spire had 10man limit.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PelinalWhitestrake View Post
    ZulGurub was 15man raid, BRD, Stratholme, and Spire had 10man limit.
    Which I believe in BRD's case was already nerfed down to 5 in Classic's snapshot.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Based on the reception Classic had, what are the chances we see 10-Man raiding come back?

It was 100% better than the current 20 man setup, more subs, and Classic proves this.

Thoughts?
    1. classic used 40 people not 10, wtf you talking about
    2. we haven't had 10 man raiding be endgame since never.
    3. while we had 10 man heroic, 25 man heroic was harder and dropped better gear for most of its life. 10 was ez mode.
    4. your post has nothign but "based on classic recpetion, classic proves this" where, where is this proven? especially since classic is 40 man. there is 20 man though, and yes while there is some 10 man those are quickly replaced and was seen as the lesser content.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

We still have 10 man raiding, the scaling is just total garbage and fucks over most casual raids with lower skill-level.

Also why would classic cause that? Classic was the worst kind of raiding; a 40 man shit show of afk dispshits for 4 hours because if you wanted to make the most out of it you needed that much because of the 2h trash respawn. Even the catchup raids were 15 or 20 man, so there is really no reason why a (supposed) classic success would inspire 10 man raids again.

Based on the reception Classic had, what are the chances we see 10-Man raiding come back?

It was 100% better than the current 20 man setup, more subs, and Classic proves this.

Thoughts?
    My thoughts are that your train of thoughts is way off the tracks. This is why society is so crazy. You have people who spew absolute incoherent nonsense thinking they actually make sense.

Super confusing.
    You mean 40-man raiding? And no, I don't think 40-man raiding will be making a comeback.

I'd love to see 10-man raiding coming back, but I don't see what it has to do with Classic. If anything, most of the the "authentic Classic" crowd would probably dislike 10-man raiding.
    Last edited by TwoMana; 2019-09-08 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Just because it's a dungeon now, or in the 1.12 patch that is Classic, doesn't mean it never was a small raid.
    It does, however, make the connection between any success of Classic, where it is not a raid, and next-expansion raid design decisions utterly moot.

I have nothing in particular against 10 man raiding, other than the fact that it is usually harder the way mechanics break down, but the argument that the OP presented for it was absolutely asinine.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    For a while early in vanilla's lifespan, the bigger dungeons were actually 10 player raids: Strat, Scholo, UBRS, and LBRS. I think BRD might also have been. They were converted to five player instances to homogenize dungeon group size.
    Not so. They were 5-man dungeons that you could take 10 people into if you wanted an easier time, more competition over loot, and no possibility of quest completion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe the argument that is being made--quite badly--is this:

• Classic is wildly successful based on its first week.
    • A survey of Classic players would find they prefer 10-man raiding.
    • Ergo: 10-man raiding should be making a comeback.

That's a very suspect jump to make. Classic is months away from proving anything about anything. And no, I don't believe 10-man raiding is going to make any kind of comeback.

What used to be called Flex is still there for those that prefer to raid in smaller numbers or even larger numbers since I think raid size for non-mythic difficulties is 10-30. 10-man for Mythic seems to be a no-go.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-09-08 at 07:26 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

This thread is a definition of a "reach" and "jumping to conclusions".

10 man raiding is in the game now btw. You can bring from 10 to 30 people if I recall correctly to all difficulties except mythic, which is only for the fringe cutting edge players and no content should be balanced around them.

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about 10m raiding. But 10 man dungeons would be pretty cool.

Shorter in size and quantity of enemies and with a moderate amount of players. Those would be some kind of mini-raid that I would see as a nice replacement for LFR.

Select 10m, and smaller portals appear, and then a whole raid could be partitioned in 3 wings with less enemies and balanced for 10 players.

That or basically just 10m dungeons is something I would like to see.

10 man is not raiding, its 2 groups.

I would prefer if Mythic were to have the flexibility of Normal/Heroic with 20 or 25 as the limit. Seriously I love the flexibility of the current raid setting and makes it not dependant if x doesn't log because of x reasons
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Wait, I'm confused. Aren't Normal and Heroic raids flexible 10-25 players? So you can 10-man them if you wanna? That was true previously. I don't remember it changing.

Thoughts?
    Where are you getting this from? Got one "10man raid" to boost your assumption and that is pretty stupid. Raiding is just not the sole reason why Classic may or may not have more subs. Get some actual facts before you make a thread only showing how stupid you are.

10-man raiding is already in the game, since you can raid both normal and heroic with 10 people just fine.

There's 0% chance MYTHIC 10-man raiding will come anytime soon. The balancing problems between different raid sizes are just too many for that level of difficulty.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they just remove raiding completely if less than 5% of the playerbase does it weekly. Make it more of a solo player experience or 5 man mythic till you drop dead.

10 man raiding is a thing already

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Wait, I'm confused. Aren't Normal and Heroic raids flexible 10-25 players? So you can 10-man them if you wanna? That was true previously. I don't remember it changing.
    It's true. I can only guess OP means Mythic.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)