View Poll Results: Lockboxes - should rogues be allowed to roll "need" in a PUG dungeon group?

Voters
585. This poll is closed
  • Yes

132 22.56%
  • No

453 77.44%
Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If there will be a rogue in my group who needs on chests and boxes... he will probably end on my ignore list.

I think boxes should be set to only greed, need shouldn't even be an option. But oh well.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Adp View Post
    ? If someone has a key and there's also a rogue who can pick the chest then they roll for it. If there are multiple people with keys then they all roll for it. Was that not clear?
    But the blacksmith has the skills to open the chest! It should be whoever gets to the chest first!

This is literally the bull shit mentality a lot of rogues have. Just because you can open the chest and nobody else can doesn't mean you are entitled to everything in the chest. You wouldn't have gotten to the chest without the group so therefore it should be a fair roll with everyone. Once again, any rogue that takes everything in a chest and refuses to roll for it deserves to be hailed as a ninja-looter on their respective servers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    But the blacksmith has the skills to open the chest! It should be whoever gets to the chest first!

This is literally the bull shit mentality a lot of rogues have. Just because you can open the chest and nobody else can doesn't mean you are entitled to everything in the chest. You wouldn't have gotten to the chest without the group so therefore it should be a fair roll with everyone. Once again, any rogue that takes everything in a chest and refuses to roll for it deserves to be hailed as a ninja-looter on their respective servers.
    On retail as far as I'm aware that's how it's done since there isn't any communication in dungeon pugs. If that's how the pug goes then so be it.

Do people not realize that Rogue has stealth? Like yeah actually rogues can get to the chests without the group lol.

I think that everyone should roll greed on the green lockboxes that drop, as a rogue tho i'd appreciate if they'd let me lockpick it for skillpoints.

About the locked chests in dungeons. I see the rogues point and I did think about that too.
    I for myself would like a different rule tho. If rogue is the only chance to open that chest, he has to chances of /rnd to win it.

On retail as far as I'm aware that's how it's done since there isn't any communication in dungeon pugs. If that's how the pug goes then so be it.

Do people not realize that Rogue has stealth? Like yeah actually rogues can get to the chests without the group lol.
    Except on live, any items of green quality or higher that drops from a chest automatically pops up with a need/greed window. Also, chests typically have elite mobs around it. And unless I'm mistaken, unlocking a chest takes you out of stealth which causes those adds to jump on the rogue and tear them apart.

So, once again, rogues with the mindset of "All chests belong to me" is toxic as fuck and I really hope they never get another dungeon group again. If what people say about reputation on a server is true on Classic, then people need to start calling out rogues with this toxic and selfish mindset more often.

Lockboxes everyones greeds, locked chests you see who can open it and those people roll (blacksmith, engineer, rogue).

Except on live, any items of green quality or higher that drops from a chest automatically pops up with a need/greed window. Also, chests typically have elite mobs around it. And unless I'm mistaken, unlocking a chest takes you out of stealth which causes those adds to jump on the rogue and tear them apart.

So, once again, rogues with the mindset of "All chests belong to me" is toxic as fuck and I really hope they never get another dungeon group again. If what people say about reputation on a server is true on Classic, then people need to start calling out rogues with this toxic and selfish mindset more often.
    That's not how it works on classic though. Whoever opens the chest gets the loot. Unlocking a chest does take you out of stealth but rogues have tools like sap, distract, cheap shot etc to give them the time to open a chest and then vanish back into stealth.

I hope, since you feel so strongly about it, that you just lvl blacksmithing and carry keys with you all the time. You sound like such a paladin

That's not how it works on classic though. Whoever opens the chest gets the loot. Unlocking a chest does take you out of stealth but rogues have tools like sap, distract, cheap shot etc to give them the time to open a chest and then vanish back into stealth.
    This is 1.12.

You can't interact with a chest while in combat.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Everyone can roll on the lockbox.

Locked chests are rogue property.
    Blessings and utility spells are Paladin property. If a DPS thinks I'm BoPing them to keep them from dying they're retarded LUL. I'm not gonna enter in group content and use my specific class abilities to assist the group, they're just for me.

I hope, since you feel so strongly about it, that you just lvl blacksmithing and carry keys with you all the time. You sound like such a paladin
    You say "that's not how it works in Classic" yet plenty of people in this thread thinks it's a supremely dick move to take everything in a chest for yourself and will typically get you immediately kicked from the group. Rogues wouldn't have made it to the chest without the help of a group yet act like are entitled to everything in a chest just because they opened it. Once again, it's an incredibly selfish and toxic mindset to have.

it's not true, iv been taking chests for myself in classic and tbc and people don't give a shit i was always getting invited to pugs simply because of reputation of good dps

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    This is 1.12.

You can't interact with a chest while in combat.
    Does it break the cast if you pull aggro after you start unlocking it? Otherwise I suppose you could still rely on sap and distract for patrols

Quote Originally Posted by Sezh View Post
    Blessings and utility spells are Paladin property. If a DPS thinks I'm BoPing them to keep them from dying they're retarded LUL. I'm not gonna enter in group content and use my specific class abilities to assist the group, they're just for me.
    This. 100% this. It's like a mage refusing to give the party mage food. Because it's not the mage's job to give you items that recover your health and mana right? They just need to make enough for themselves. It's their class' skill so nobody else is entitled to it.

Everyone should just roll need on them. Problem solved.

I still don't get how this was ever a serious issue in WoW's past, but it was and it'd be stupid as fuck for it to become a serious issue again. Just roll need.

If a rogue asks if he can need on the lockboxes to improve his lockpicking and everyone is cool with it I don't have an issue with rogues needing however I think it is good etiquette to roll on a chest in a dungeon whether its locked or not.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2019-09-09 at 07:14 AM.

Does it break the cast if you pull aggro after you start unlocking it?
    No, but even if you don't get hit, it just gives you an error after the entire cast has channeled, and then takes out out to a grey gear.

Otherwise I suppose you could still rely on sap
    One target limit.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

You say "that's not how it works in Classic" yet plenty of people in this thread thinks it's a supremely dick move to take everything in a chest for yourself and will typically get you immediately kicked from the group. Rogues wouldn't have made it to the chest without the help of a group yet act like are entitled to everything in a chest just because they opened it. Once again, it's an incredibly selfish and toxic mindset to have.
    That was in reference to items in a chest showing up automatically for a group roll. If they worked that way then we wouldn't be debating anything.

So let me get this straight... other classes are expected to use and share the various perks and conveniences that they possess with the group. However, Rogues, for some bizarre reason, are free to get bonus loot and not share the one unique thing they bring to the group?

Are Rogues not aware of how completely and utterly replaceable they are to groups?

7+ Year Old Account
    Just say you don't have skill to open chest and at the end of the dungeon go back and loot it.