View Poll Results: Lockboxes - should rogues be allowed to roll "need" in a PUG dungeon group?

Voters
580. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    131 22.59%
  • No

    449 77.41%
Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
16
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Adp View Post
    Does it break the cast if you pull aggro after you start unlocking it?
    No, but even if you don't get hit, it just gives you an error after the entire cast has channeled, and then takes out out to a grey gear.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adp View Post
    Otherwise I suppose you could still rely on sap
    One target limit.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

    And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    You say "that's not how it works in Classic" yet plenty of people in this thread thinks it's a supremely dick move to take everything in a chest for yourself and will typically get you immediately kicked from the group. Rogues wouldn't have made it to the chest without the help of a group yet act like are entitled to everything in a chest just because they opened it. Once again, it's an incredibly selfish and toxic mindset to have.
    That was in reference to items in a chest showing up automatically for a group roll. If they worked that way then we wouldn't be debating anything.

  3. #103
    So let me get this straight... other classes are expected to use and share the various perks and conveniences that they possess with the group. However, Rogues, for some bizarre reason, are free to get bonus loot and not share the one unique thing they bring to the group?

    Are Rogues not aware of how completely and utterly replaceable they are to groups?

  4. #104
    Stood in the Fire AkundaMrdal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    367
    Just say you don't have skill to open chest and at the end of the dungeon go back and loot it.

  5. #105
    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    A group can't unlock the chest w/o the Rogue, but...

    ...the Rogue couldn't have gotten to the chest w/o the group!
    It's a conundrum!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Do you have any idea what effort it takes to level lockpicking? Comparing that to mage food is beyond dumb. So yeah, the rogue should do what he wants with locked chests.
    I assume said rogue can also clear the way to the chest all by himself, right?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    As for the group effort in dungeon, the rogue will probably do most damage too.
    Are you saying damage done should have any weight on who gets loot in a dungeon?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    It's pretty simple. The rogue shares or he is kicked. Every time I have seen a rogue take stuff that isn't theirs they gave been kicked.
    But they are just playing in character
    Last edited by Chromell; 2019-09-09 at 07:44 AM.

  6. #106
    Do people Priests greed roll on a cloth drop against a Warrior, Rogue, Shaman/Paladin, Hunter, or any other class that can wear it? Do Plate wearers roll greed against a Priest for a Plate chest? Do Mages roll greed on a wand against a Warrior?
    After all, the Warrior won’t have a chance on that boss drop shield without the group, right? Hope he/she rolls greed against everyone else in the group.
    This is the hypocrisy I am seeing. Before people go “well that gear is an upgrade,” guess what, that gold and materials and BoE that Rogue loots goes towards potential upgrades as well.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Do people Priests greed roll on a cloth drop against a Warrior, Rogue, Shaman/Paladin, Hunter, or any other class that can wear it? Do Plate wearers roll greed against a Priest for a Plate chest? Do Mages roll greed on a wand against a Warrior?
    After all, the Warrior won’t have a chance on that boss drop shield without the group, right? Hope he/she rolls greed against everyone else in the group.
    This is the hypocrisy I am seeing. Before people go “well that gear is an upgrade,” guess what, that gold and materials and BoE that Rogue loots goes towards potential upgrades as well.
    False equivalency. If someone else in that group wanted the shield too for...whatever reason, nothing stops them from rolling need too and possibly winning the item. But when a rogue loots a chest, there is no roll. The rogue just takes everything with no competition and acts like they're entitled to it all just for opening the chest. You're grasping at straws now in order to justify your toxic behavior.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post

    Lemme ask... are blacksmith allowed to roll need on patterns when they drop?

    Yes, i think profession patterns should be a needroll for the respective profession

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    False equivalency. If someone else in that group wanted the shield too for...whatever reason, nothing stops them from rolling need too and possibly winning the item. But when a rogue loots a chest, there is no roll. The rogue just takes everything with no competition and acts like they're entitled to it all just for opening the chest. You're grasping at straws now in order to justify your toxic behavior.
    Lockpicking is a profession. Think of it this way. It would be like having an enchanter in your group and mid way through the dungeon you demanded that he/she make something for you (your mats even) free of charge. If they refuse you call them toxic and selfish. The reality is that you are the one being entitled here. You think because they have X profession that they should share their skills with you for free. Professions are a business. Why should blacksmiths or engineers share their keys with you? They made them didn't they?

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Adp View Post
    Lockpicking is a profession. Think of it this way. It would be like having an enchanter in your group and mid way through the dungeon you demanded that he/she make something for you (your mats even) free of charge. If they refuse you call them toxic and selfish. The reality is that you are the one being entitled here. You think because they have X profession that they should share their skills with you for free. Professions are a business. Why should blacksmiths or engineers share their keys with you? They made them didn't they?
    Comparing lockpicking to other professions in game is asinine. Unlike the other professions, it requires absolutely no materials so you don't have to spend money to make money. You just have to take time to open lockboxes to open it. You're once again grasping at straws.

  11. #111
    As a rogue I need all lockboxes and take locked chests by default. No one has a problem with it and if they do they are probably just new to the game or they have personality problems.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    As a main tank, if a rogue rolls need on a box or takes a locked chest without winning the roll for it; he will be out of a group and blacklisted

    Nothing about it says rogue property and if the rogue won’t open a chest for the group because they feel entitled to it; they are welcome to show their entitlement in another group. /kicked
    I take locked chests by defaults and have never had anyone say anything.

    Nobody can force a rogue to open it and a rogue can just lie and claim he doesn't have the lockpicking for it. Not everyone wants to play with entitled brats like you.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    it requires absolutely no materials so you don't have to spend money to make money. You just have to take time to open lockboxes to open it. You're once again grasping at straws.
    so exactly like mining or herb and no one rolls for nodes unless there is more than one person with given proff

  13. #113
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    31,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
    Hey all

    Just a very quick, simple question/poll. Not looking to start a flame war or anything - just interested in peoples opinions! So here goes...

    You are in a pug group for a dungeon and a lockbox drops. There is a rogue in the group. Is it right that the rogue should get to roll "need" while the rest of the group rolls "greed"?

    That's it! Appreciate your thoughts. The poll is just yes/no. Shouldn't be any need for a third option.
    Honestly, the rogue can grab the chest but lockboxes are all greed. Anyone rolling need on a lockbox can get the hell out of the group.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Comparing lockpicking to other professions in game is asinine. Unlike the other professions, it requires absolutely no materials so you don't have to spend money to make money. You just have to take time to open lockboxes to open it. You're once again grasping at straws.
    How so? It still takes time to level. You have to go around the world looking for lockboxes, footlockers, and chests. As the goblins always say, time is money friend. Are skinning, herbalism, fishing and mining also not comparable?

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    As a rogue I need all lockboxes and take locked chests by default. No one has a problem with it and if they do they are probably just new to the game or they have personality problems.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I take locked chests by defaults and have never had anyone say anything.

    Nobody can force a rogue to open it and a rogue can just lie and claim he doesn't have the lockpicking for it. Not everyone wants to play with entitled brats like you.
    The irony that you call them entitled when you think you're entitled to everything in a chest just because you opened it.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Because skinners don't wait for everyone to /roll for skins.
    If they can even get their party members to loot so they can skin in the first place. Too many people seem to be allergic to gold.

  17. #117
    Honestly, lockboxes i think are fair game. Chests? I'd give to the rogue considering he could just lie about not having the lockpicking required to open it and come back and take it for himself later if he really felt like it anyways.

  18. #118
    Boxes can be opened later so they aren't any less valuable/usefull to the other members. I wouldnt refuse a herbalist to gather herbs just because his current alt doesn't have alchemy. So boxes are FFA in my opinion.

    I would always offer the rouge to open it for me though, in case he can still gain skills with it.


    Locked chests are more like nodes than loot in my opinion, so I just let the rouge decide how he wants to handle it. Can't force him anyways (sorry, skill isn't high enough) and the question whether or not Lockpicking is like mining or like healing seems a bit too arbitrary to me to get mad about.

    But in general it's probably a good idea to just talk about it before a run starts. These conversations always go better when you are not already standing next to the chest.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    False equivalency. If someone else in that group wanted the shield too for...whatever reason, nothing stops them from rolling need too and possibly winning the item. But when a rogue loots a chest, there is no roll. The rogue just takes everything with no competition and acts like they're entitled to it all just for opening the chest. You're grasping at straws now in order to justify your toxic behavior.
    There is no grasping at anything. People are saying that a Rogue can’t get to a chest without a group, and then after reaching it everything should be greed rolled on. It’s the same equivalency as killing a boss and seeing gear drop. No one would have killed that boss without the other and therefore should have every piece greed rolled.
    Let alone lock boxes. If everyone can only roll greed yet a Rogue can roll need then Blizz made those loot rolls specifically to allow the Rogue to do just that, much like certain roles only able to Need on a 2H.
    As stated, there is no grasping, just a point of fact that people are being hypocrites and think they are entitled to things that Blizz has ruled they aren’t while ignoring the fair and equivalent act of the other loot rules in a dungeon.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminatrix View Post
    well with no rogue you have no loot anyway because you cant open it so....
    I guess enchanters should keep all the shards then? Without them you wouldn't have shards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    We're gonna Godwin so much you might even get tired of Godwinning

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •