View Poll Results: Lockboxes - should rogues be allowed to roll "need" in a PUG dungeon group?

Voters
585. This poll is closed
  • Yes

132 22.56%
  • No

453 77.44%
Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    A group can't unlock the chest w/o the Rogue, but...

...the Rogue couldn't have gotten to the chest w/o the group!
    It's a conundrum!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Do you have any idea what effort it takes to level lockpicking? Comparing that to mage food is beyond dumb. So yeah, the rogue should do what he wants with locked chests.
    I assume said rogue can also clear the way to the chest all by himself, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    As for the group effort in dungeon, the rogue will probably do most damage too.
    Are you saying damage done should have any weight on who gets loot in a dungeon?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    It's pretty simple. The rogue shares or he is kicked. Every time I have seen a rogue take stuff that isn't theirs they gave been kicked.
    But they are just playing in character
    Last edited by Chromell; 2019-09-09 at 07:44 AM.

Do people Priests greed roll on a cloth drop against a Warrior, Rogue, Shaman/Paladin, Hunter, or any other class that can wear it? Do Plate wearers roll greed against a Priest for a Plate chest? Do Mages roll greed on a wand against a Warrior?
    After all, the Warrior won’t have a chance on that boss drop shield without the group, right? Hope he/she rolls greed against everyone else in the group.
    This is the hypocrisy I am seeing. Before people go “well that gear is an upgrade,” guess what, that gold and materials and BoE that Rogue loots goes towards potential upgrades as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Do people Priests greed roll on a cloth drop against a Warrior, Rogue, Shaman/Paladin, Hunter, or any other class that can wear it? Do Plate wearers roll greed against a Priest for a Plate chest? Do Mages roll greed on a wand against a Warrior?
    After all, the Warrior won’t have a chance on that boss drop shield without the group, right? Hope he/she rolls greed against everyone else in the group.
    This is the hypocrisy I am seeing. Before people go “well that gear is an upgrade,” guess what, that gold and materials and BoE that Rogue loots goes towards potential upgrades as well.
    False equivalency. If someone else in that group wanted the shield too for...whatever reason, nothing stops them from rolling need too and possibly winning the item. But when a rogue loots a chest, there is no roll. The rogue just takes everything with no competition and acts like they're entitled to it all just for opening the chest. You're grasping at straws now in order to justify your toxic behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post

Lemme ask... are blacksmith allowed to roll need on patterns when they drop?

Yes, i think profession patterns should be a needroll for the respective profession

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    False equivalency. If someone else in that group wanted the shield too for...whatever reason, nothing stops them from rolling need too and possibly winning the item. But when a rogue loots a chest, there is no roll. The rogue just takes everything with no competition and acts like they're entitled to it all just for opening the chest. You're grasping at straws now in order to justify your toxic behavior.
    Lockpicking is a profession. Think of it this way. It would be like having an enchanter in your group and mid way through the dungeon you demanded that he/she make something for you (your mats even) free of charge. If they refuse you call them toxic and selfish. The reality is that you are the one being entitled here. You think because they have X profession that they should share their skills with you for free. Professions are a business. Why should blacksmiths or engineers share their keys with you? They made them didn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Adp View Post
    Lockpicking is a profession. Think of it this way. It would be like having an enchanter in your group and mid way through the dungeon you demanded that he/she make something for you (your mats even) free of charge. If they refuse you call them toxic and selfish. The reality is that you are the one being entitled here. You think because they have X profession that they should share their skills with you for free. Professions are a business. Why should blacksmiths or engineers share their keys with you? They made them didn't they?
    Comparing lockpicking to other professions in game is asinine. Unlike the other professions, it requires absolutely no materials so you don't have to spend money to make money. You just have to take time to open lockboxes to open it. You're once again grasping at straws.

As a rogue I need all lockboxes and take locked chests by default. No one has a problem with it and if they do they are probably just new to the game or they have personality problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    As a main tank, if a rogue rolls need on a box or takes a locked chest without winning the roll for it; he will be out of a group and blacklisted

Nothing about it says rogue property and if the rogue won’t open a chest for the group because they feel entitled to it; they are welcome to show their entitlement in another group. /kicked
    I take locked chests by defaults and have never had anyone say anything.

Nobody can force a rogue to open it and a rogue can just lie and claim he doesn't have the lockpicking for it. Not everyone wants to play with entitled brats like you.

it requires absolutely no materials so you don't have to spend money to make money. You just have to take time to open lockboxes to open it. You're once again grasping at straws.
    so exactly like mining or herb and no one rolls for nodes unless there is more than one person with given proff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
    Hey all

Just a very quick, simple question/poll. Not looking to start a flame war or anything - just interested in peoples opinions! So here goes...

You are in a pug group for a dungeon and a lockbox drops. There is a rogue in the group. Is it right that the rogue should get to roll "need" while the rest of the group rolls "greed"?

That's it! Appreciate your thoughts. The poll is just yes/no. Shouldn't be any need for a third option.
    Honestly, the rogue can grab the chest but lockboxes are all greed. Anyone rolling need on a lockbox can get the hell out of the group.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Comparing lockpicking to other professions in game is asinine. Unlike the other professions, it requires absolutely no materials so you don't have to spend money to make money. You just have to take time to open lockboxes to open it. You're once again grasping at straws.
    How so? It still takes time to level. You have to go around the world looking for lockboxes, footlockers, and chests. As the goblins always say, time is money friend. Are skinning, herbalism, fishing and mining also not comparable?

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    As a rogue I need all lockboxes and take locked chests by default. No one has a problem with it and if they do they are probably just new to the game or they have personality problems.

- - - Updated - - -

I take locked chests by defaults and have never had anyone say anything.

Nobody can force a rogue to open it and a rogue can just lie and claim he doesn't have the lockpicking for it. Not everyone wants to play with entitled brats like you.
    The irony that you call them entitled when you think you're entitled to everything in a chest just because you opened it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Because skinners don't wait for everyone to /roll for skins.
    If they can even get their party members to loot so they can skin in the first place. Too many people seem to be allergic to gold.

Honestly, lockboxes i think are fair game. Chests? I'd give to the rogue considering he could just lie about not having the lockpicking required to open it and come back and take it for himself later if he really felt like it anyways.

Boxes can be opened later so they aren't any less valuable/usefull to the other members. I wouldnt refuse a herbalist to gather herbs just because his current alt doesn't have alchemy. So boxes are FFA in my opinion.

I would always offer the rouge to open it for me though, in case he can still gain skills with it.

Locked chests are more like nodes than loot in my opinion, so I just let the rouge decide how he wants to handle it. Can't force him anyways (sorry, skill isn't high enough) and the question whether or not Lockpicking is like mining or like healing seems a bit too arbitrary to me to get mad about.

But in general it's probably a good idea to just talk about it before a run starts. These conversations always go better when you are not already standing next to the chest.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

There is no grasping at anything. People are saying that a Rogue can’t get to a chest without a group, and then after reaching it everything should be greed rolled on. It’s the same equivalency as killing a boss and seeing gear drop. No one would have killed that boss without the other and therefore should have every piece greed rolled.
    Let alone lock boxes. If everyone can only roll greed yet a Rogue can roll need then Blizz made those loot rolls specifically to allow the Rogue to do just that, much like certain roles only able to Need on a 2H.
    As stated, there is no grasping, just a point of fact that people are being hypocrites and think they are entitled to things that Blizz has ruled they aren’t while ignoring the fair and equivalent act of the other loot rules in a dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminatrix View Post
    well with no rogue you have no loot anyway because you cant open it so....
    I guess enchanters should keep all the shards then? Without them you wouldn't have shards.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

15+ Year Old Account
    While I'm not against "its rogue property" because I cannot open the box.
    I'm sure it's a good move by rogue who helps his teammates to open the box.

Well, because rogue cant open the box without us, and we cant open the box without rogue.

Or well, let rogue solo 3 elites in solo
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Rogues can simply lie and say they dont have enough skills points to open the locked chests and go back to them when the dungeon is done...

It up to the rogue wether he wants to be nice or a potato

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    During vanilla everyone rolled for locked and when a chest was locked I would unlock it leader would announce content and it would be shared according to the preset rules need/greed/ML.
    what do you mean everyone? it pretty much never happened on both servers I was playing at

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post

Its a group content, not single player. Behave accordingly.
    do you roll on mining or herb nodes as well?