Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
  1. #261
    That is why we all die to get there. Man you are going to look stupider then you already do when this is announced.

  2. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire989 View Post
    That is why we all die to get there. Man you are going to look stupider then you already do when this is announced.

    ..Kinda hard to die in Stormwind when the War Campaign is going to end before the aforementioned raid takes place.

  3. #263
    Titan Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    13,783
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladesyphon View Post
    ..Kinda hard to die in Stormwind when the War Campaign is going to end before the aforementioned raid takes place.
    The war ends when The Horde and Alliance make peace. The combined Horde and Alliance vs Sylvanas wouldn’t be part of the war.
    My comic series inspired by WoW and MMOs:

    Tinker Class Concept 2018 Dragonsworn Class Concept 2019

  4. #264
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire989 View Post
    That is why we all die to get there. Man you are going to look stupider then you already do when this is announced.
    And I trust if it's not Shadowlands, you'll be the very first person to step up and apologize profusely, since you insulted the OP?

  5. #265
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The war ends when The Horde and Alliance make peace. The combined Horde and Alliance vs Sylvanas wouldn’t be part of the war.
    So like I said - it would be kind of hard for us to all die during the Stormwind Raid if the war ends before then... I mean, where's Sylvanas going to get her army to siege Stormwind? There's not enough Forsaken to come close to being able to take a capital city, and if she enlists the aid of N'zoth, than it makes literally no sense why she would then band us together to save the world from N'zoth..after allying with N'zoth to take Stormwind City for reasons.

    Are you starting to see why this Shadowlands Leak is so incredibly stupid? It makes literally no sense what so ever, and the entire idea that she wants to sack Stormwind in order to kill us to bring us to the Shadowlands is pointless. She can do that anywhere - why feign an assault on Thunderbluff, then attack Stormwind, when she could just attack Thunderbluff, and get it over with there?

    And that's not even taking into consideration all the lose plot threads left over - such as the Heart of Azeroth, the giant honkin' sword in Silithus, how N'zoth escapes to the Shadowlands or what Ny'alotha is, or any of the things that set up what this supposed leak entails. The leak literally just jumps straight to "War in Stormwind, then we all die, and now we're in the Shadowlands to fight N'zoth!".

    That's quite a bit of lore to cover in 8.2.5.

  6. #266
    Titan Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    13,783
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladesyphon View Post
    So like I said - it would be kind of hard for us to all die during the Stormwind Raid if the war ends before then... I mean, where's Sylvanas going to get her army to siege Stormwind? There's not enough Forsaken to come close to being able to take a capital city, and if she enlists the aid of N'zoth, than it makes literally no sense why she would then band us together to save the world from N'zoth..after allying with N'zoth to take Stormwind City for reasons.

    Are you starting to see why this Shadowlands Leak is so incredibly stupid? It makes literally no sense what so ever, and the entire idea that she wants to sack Stormwind in order to kill us to bring us to the Shadowlands is pointless. She can do that anywhere - why feign an assault on Thunderbluff, then attack Stormwind, when she could just attack Thunderbluff, and get it over with there?

    And that's not even taking into consideration all the lose plot threads left over - such as the Heart of Azeroth, the giant honkin' sword in Silithus, how N'zoth escapes to the Shadowlands or what Ny'alotha is, or any of the things that set up what this supposed leak entails. The leak literally just jumps straight to "War in Stormwind, then we all die, and now we're in the Shadowlands to fight N'zoth!".

    That's quite a bit of lore to cover in 8.2.5.
    Ally with N'Zoth in order to take Stormwind, then pretty much double cross N'Zoth by killing everyone and going to the Shadowlands, helping Helya the entire time.

    Honestly it makes sense.
    My comic series inspired by WoW and MMOs:

    Tinker Class Concept 2018 Dragonsworn Class Concept 2019

  7. #267
    Patience, a month and a half and all eyes shall be opened.

    I say: we don't know.

    Whether the leak is proven to be fake news or not at Blizzcon, I will rub it in the face of either crowd. :}

  8. #268
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Patience, a month and a half and all eyes shall be opened.

    I say: we don't know.

    Whether the leak is proven to be fake news or not at Blizzcon, I will rub it in the face of either crowd. :}
    We do know. It's fake. End of story, been disproven multiple times. I don't know why this one leak has held out so much longer than the others just because someone projected an MS Paint map.

  9. #269
    Wait a month and a half then you'll have your answer.

  10. #270
    Bloodsail Admiral Whitedragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Definitely not behind you
    Posts
    1,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladesyphon View Post
    So like I said - it would be kind of hard for us to all die during the Stormwind Raid if the war ends before then... I mean, where's Sylvanas going to get her army to siege Stormwind? There's not enough Forsaken to come close to being able to take a capital city, and if she enlists the aid of N'zoth, than it makes literally no sense why she would then band us together to save the world from N'zoth..after allying with N'zoth to take Stormwind City for reasons.

    Are you starting to see why this Shadowlands Leak is so incredibly stupid? It makes literally no sense what so ever, and the entire idea that she wants to sack Stormwind in order to kill us to bring us to the Shadowlands is pointless. She can do that anywhere - why feign an assault on Thunderbluff, then attack Stormwind, when she could just attack Thunderbluff, and get it over with there?

    And that's not even taking into consideration all the lose plot threads left over - such as the Heart of Azeroth, the giant honkin' sword in Silithus, how N'zoth escapes to the Shadowlands or what Ny'alotha is, or any of the things that set up what this supposed leak entails. The leak literally just jumps straight to "War in Stormwind, then we all die, and now we're in the Shadowlands to fight N'zoth!".

    That's quite a bit of lore to cover in 8.2.5.
    And this is the part that really kills this BS leak for me. somehow it took all of the Alliance + the Horde rebels to retake Orgrimar from a small faction of orcs and a handful of mantid and goblins... They had to preprep the invasion, take a beachhead and slowly work their way in....

    Sylvanas on the other hand just casually strolls up to the harbor (probably the most defended spot in the city) with enough of a fleet to somehow easily take it and the city from the...

    1. City guard and what ever navy happens to be defending the port.
    2. Reserve troops (even if they are farmers their would still be something of a waiting force)
    3. Any local defense (pulled from Elwin, westfall, ect.)
    4. Ironforge reinforcements from the deep tram (you know the whole reason the Horde up to this point thought it impossible to take ether of the cities)
    5. The Nightelf and Gilnean reserves (considering at this point they are also based out of the city)
    6. All the Allied race forces who also use the city as a staging ground.
    7. The king of Stormwind who at the very least seems to be a boon on the battlefield
    8. And the Vindacar which has to be able to respond in time...

    She manages to win VS all of that before any messengers warn the defending force at thunderbluff of her plans, AND afterwords she still has enough of a force left to prove a grate challenge to the combined might of the Horde and Alliance until the last fight where a surprise visit from Lich king splits them back up again, because he decides to kill a bloodelf instead of the leader of the assault and the known ruler of the horde. Which is especially stupid considering the whole reason he supposedly shows up is to stop the Horde...

    Now at this point the forces face each other and it ends in a draw... With 2 of the Hordes majors faces now dead (Nathanos and Lor'themar) and Gallywix not really participating in the fight.... and with the Alliance supposedly receiving aid from the Lichking....

    ...

  11. #271
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    30,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladesyphon View Post
    ..Kinda hard to die in Stormwind when the War Campaign is going to end before the aforementioned raid takes place.
    Seeing a lot of Shadowlands supporters jump through a lot of hoops to try and justify this one. Up to and including saying 8.3 was cut.

    Just accept it folks, the leak that was obviously dead on arrival is in fact dead.
    WoW: Wyrmrest Accord - Alliance
    Classic: Bloodsail Buccaneers - Alliance
    FFXIV: Crystal Datacenter (Balmung & Mateus servers)
    "In the spirit of education, the first thing I would like to impress upon you is one of the most surprising lessons I learned: Public speculation is always wrong. Always." - John Staats, The WoW Diary

  12. #272
    Brewmaster ercarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Ny'alotha
    Posts
    1,378
    This seems like a good opportunity to reference my post on debunking the logo/map leaks:

    I wasn't initially planning on making any kind of thread on this because I thought the leak would be dismissed sooner, but it seems like the opposite has happened as more and more people are pushing this as a real leak simply because it sounds exciting and somewhat plausible. Which is why I'm here to save you from disappointment by crushing your dreams.

    Keep in mind that this isn't a definitive debunking of the entire leak, but rather the logo specifically (and to some extent, the map itself). I put together this image below to explain my major concerns with the logo. Excuse the formatting, Photoshop runs at 5 FPS for me these days.



    To reiterate:

    1) I think it's evident that the logo was created using the Legion logo as a base.

    2) The graphical fidelity on the logo does not hold up to standards previously set by Blizzard.

    3) The design of the logo breaks rules (e.g. the silhouette) that they have followed for every expansion up to this point.

    4) There is no reason to place the logo on top of a map in a presentation which is supposedly showing off the concept of a map layout.

    If you're doubting my authority to speak on this matter, I would direct you to a cute little leak called Tides of Vengeance from a while back. I have studied and stared at these logos for long enough to, hopefully, lend my words at least a little bit of credibility.

    With that said, kudos to whoever created this leak, you've managed to fool quite a lot of people.

  13. #273
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    This seems like a good opportunity to reference my post on debunking the logo/map leaks:
    We all know Shadowlands is fake. Besides, the updated leak claims that the logo you're so obsessed with is a quick placeholder made by the individual who allegedly 'pitched' the map 2 years ago. So yeah, even if this was the case, it would have used Legion as its base, but that wouldn't make it any less real.

    Authenticity aside, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if devs did that. They're just like us, they probably know a little Photoshop and like to spice their pitch up with a quick logo suggestion in meetings that should be confidential.

    Also, I'm sure they actually do create a range of sketched concepts for each expansion's logo by hand before spending their resources on the final candidate. Any of those could technically be leaked, making your point moot.

  14. #274
    Brewmaster ercarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Ny'alotha
    Posts
    1,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Frood View Post
    We all know Shadowlands is fake. Besides, the updated leak claims that the logo you're so obsessed with is a quick placeholder made by the individual who allegedly 'pitched' the map 2 years ago. So yeah, even if this was the case, it would have used Legion as its base, but that wouldn't make it any less real.

    Authenticity aside, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if devs did that. They're just like us, they probably know a little Photoshop and like to spice their pitch up with a quick logo suggestion in meetings that should be confidential.

    Also, I'm sure they actually do create a range of sketched concepts for each expansion's logo by hand before spending their resources on the final candidate. Any of those could technically be leaked, making your point moot.
    You missed the point there, body. Possibly the biggest argument for why the image is fake is that whoever made it decided to plaster their logo on top of the map in a completely intrusive manner so it covers up part of the concept they're supposed to be showing off. Why the hell would they do that in a professional setting? There is no reason, that's why. Whoever made the fake map was so proud of their creation that they wanted to add even more authenticity by creating a logo for the expansion and shoving it in a single image even when it wouldn't make sense to do that. If it was a real presentation, the logo concept(s) would have been a separate slide entirely! Or at the very least the logo would've been off in a corner, placed so that it doesn't cover up the map.

  15. #275
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    You missed the point there, body. Possibly the biggest argument for why the image is fake is that whoever made it decided to plaster their logo on top of the map in a completely intrusive manner so it covers up part of the concept they're supposed to be showing off. Why the hell would they do that in a professional setting? There is no reason, that's why. Whoever made the fake map was so proud of their creation that they wanted to add even more authenticity by creating a logo for the expansion and shoving it in a single image even when it wouldn't make sense to do that. If it was a real presentation, the logo concept(s) would have been a separate slide entirely! Or at the very least the logo would've been off in a corner, placed so that it doesn't cover up the map.
    Yes, great, we all know that, but that doesn't invalidate my criticism against your other points. We all know it's fake. It doesn't make you a genius. The full map could have been on the slide before, with talking points on the one after.

    I don't care how many fake leaks you've made, you don't know what happens behind Blizzard's doors, and you're not an expert in their procedures.

  16. #276
    Brewmaster ercarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Ny'alotha
    Posts
    1,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Frood View Post
    I don't care how many fake leaks you've made, you don't know what happens behind Blizzard's doors, and you're not an expert in their procedures.
    No, but I have the common sense to figure out when a leak is credible and when it isn't. Something you seem to be lacking.

  17. #277
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    No, but I have the common sense to figure out when a leak is credible and when it isn't. Something you seem to be lacking.
    And you seem to be lacking the basic ability to read. I have stressed multiple times that I know this leak is fake. Age of Awakening is fake too. There's not single real leak out there yet. I and everyone else, for some reason, just don't feel the compulsion to make a giant image with a bunch of flawed arguments and repost it at every given opportunity.

    Anyway, I think you should put your expertise to good use and create a fake that's impossible to debunk. I think that could be really fun! Or is the Age of Awakening one yours? Considering how passionate you are about other people's fake leaks, it's interesting that you haven't commented on that one yet!

  18. #278
    If Shadowlands expansion is there to serve a proper world revamp (we need to go somewhere till Azeroth is unhabitable - reorigination) as well then I can fully get behind it.
    Tinkers could be not attached directly to the expansion's theme but to the circumstances, aka we need machines to dig earth or to build stuff. Draenei haven't built shit since forever, sure we have the Vindicaar from Legion but come on... Not to mention how one sided is that. If we have to leave azeroth while we are in full AvH mode, who will save the horde?

    I'm not superhyped for what we've seen from the leak, but all the other, cool possibilities that can happen with it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •