Classic Shaman any skills to avoid early on to save cash?

Anything to skip in particular?

5+ Year Old Account
    Wowhead has guides of skills to focus on while leveling

If you want to avoid most skills:
    Level as Resto and only run dungeons, only learn Heal spells and most useful totems (Strength of Earth, Manaspring, WF).
    You can skip most Ele abilities, because you're resto and high level Ele spells cost too much mana to cast anyway.

Alternative:
    Level as Enhance, just skip most skills like above, most of your damage comes from Auto attacks anyway, using Shocks / Damage spells burns your Mana too fast.
    Level 1 Shocks also do the job, Frost shock has the full slow, as Earth shock still interrupts.

If you want to learn most damage skills:
    Avoid rather useless totems, Stoneskin is barely useful unless there's a 2nd Shaman around, same goes for Healing stream (Mana spring is just better), Windwall Totem.
    Always avoid learning higher ranks of your resurrect spell, it's useless.

That aside, as Shaman you can kinda skip over the level 40 Mount anyway, at least that's what i'm doing.
    You're paying 72g for a 20% speed upgrade (compared to your GW), that may be worth to some people, but i just skipped it and went straight for the epic mount.
    As the Epic riding skill doesn't exist currently, you just need to learn the riding skill (which is cheap) and buy the expensive mount.

Altough, i want to point out that one should have a strat to make gold, if you don't have a plan to get those ~900g for the epic mount rather quickly, it might be wiser to just roll with the 60% mount.

avoid windwall totem and the resist totems.

Windwall is good only to protect you from the rain.

If you are going to play anything else than heal, you can avoid the shaman class completely to save cash and time.

I would definitely avoid most of the totems. Resist totems, Windwall, Sentry, and Flametounge Totem are all completely skippable.

Personally I also skipped Fire Nova Totem (Used magma instead), and you can probably skip 3 of the 4 weapon enhancements depending on your favorite (They all sim about the same DPS regardless of weapon speed).

You could probably skip Stoneskin and Healing stream as well (I rarely used these even in dungeons.. I almost always used Mana Spring and Strength of Earth)
    Last edited by barrsftw; 2019-11-08 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    Anything to skip in particular?
    Please make sure you do have poison/disease cleaning totem. Windfury and strenght of earth totem too. For your own sake (if in a pvp realm) you better have grounding totem and purge. I would skip "healing and mana" totems. They are useless while leveling.
    Use your brain, most of the guides will tell you to omit spells that would save your life in pvp or in a dungeon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    If you are going to play anything else than heal, you can avoid the shaman class completely to save cash and time.
    Wait till you join an AV turtle game and see these chain light wreck your team.