Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Bare in mind ONE big important thing with FF 14 questing. the item ALWAYS drops for the quest, you don't have to kill a dozen dam things for ONE drop. FF has that over WoW hands down! A quest says get say 6 hooves. Kill 6 deer, get all 6. WoW, kill 10..*still no dam hoof*
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

probably shouldnt assume a final fantasy game would fail... just not a good asumption

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    probably shouldnt assume a final fantasy game would fail... just not a good asumption
    I remember being in a book store as a kid and seeing the newest gamer mag showing FF 3 for SF, thinking *what is so final about a game called final fantasy when it keeps getting sequals?*

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    To restate the obvious.

In FF 14 I dont have to collect and farm 10000000 mats and burn them all to get ONE item with the correct stats...or burn them all and STILL get the wrong stats.

WOW crafting is an exercise in idiocy.

If you call a ten month content drought " different methods".
    WoW hasn't really had 10 month droughts for a while and FF14 has the droughts as well for its actual raid content if you don't count the LFR that is Alliance Raids.

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    WoW hasn't really had 10 month droughts for a while and FF14 has the droughts as well for its actual raid content if you don't count the LFR that is Alliance Raids.
    Its content so it counts, your "LFR" sneer notwithstanding. Tell me, what was the new content prior to WOW 8.2?

Nothing.
    BfA - 7/21/18
    8.1 - 12/11/18 (143 days)
    8.1.5 - 3/12/19 (91 days, 234 from launch)
    8.2 - ?? (76 days and counting, 310 from launch and counting)
    8.2 was 25 June 2019

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it really necessary to make this a WoW vs. FF 14 thread?

Currently i enjoy FF14 more than WoW (mainly because after 15 years there is a bit of burn out on my end) , but there are things that WoW handles a lot better than FF 14 an vice versa. While i think WoW could benefit from copying some ideas from FF 14 (farmability of old content, class design (i know this is debatable), acquistion of flying), there are also things that work way better in WoW (UI, shop, responsiveness, M+, Raids to a degree).

In the end the games are similar but also different in a lot of ways.

Personally, i can enjoy both and don't feel the need to make a ranking for the 2.
    Last edited by Pannonian; 2019-09-12 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Pointless and shitty gameplay.

Sell vendor shit a dozen times for a small bit of story. Also one-time content.

Run dungeons ad nauseam to have nothing to do on 17 jobs in endgame instead of just one. Yoo fucking hoo.

Also known as "boring shit everyone runs for useless gear".

Also known as "shitty tutorial that doesn't even give enough experience to justify queueing for".

Boring one-time shit for leveling.

Unless you are into terrible FFXIV transmog, it's "run one time for story in unsynch and move on".

FFXIV version of drying paint. Also Eureka is dead content.

Only if you have OCD.

Terrible UI, terrible system in general, time waste.

Time waste for marginal rewards.

That's not even content.

The same thing I wrote about Doman Enclave.

Not content.

Dead content.
    I know that everyone has different tastes, but not liking anyting, wow. I know people who dont like ff14 cuz of reason x but like some parts like x. Most of the time they dont want to invest because unlike WoW, it takes alot of time to lvl and progress.

If you call a ten month content drought " different methods".
    yes, i do. no matter how you look at it, even if you effing despise wow, it is still, in fact, a method that is not the same. therefore, different.

just because you dont agree with a method doesnt mean it isnt a method. hell, they could release a raid every 5 years, and if it had the full 5 years worth of content, it would still be a different method.

i could also go on to say that ff14 has a 2-3 month content drought about 2 days after every patch because ive already cleared everything by then. it generally takes a good 2-3 months usually for a new update with two more days worth of content. do i still enjoy the game? yeah. but i still clear all the content released very quickly.

its not difficult to consume content extremely quickly if you have the mindset to do so. yeah, 10 months for one major update is a long time. its still around the same amount of content, just released with different methods. some people prefer one method, others prefer the other. i still prefer wows method. i get to enjoy my gear longer, especially during those ten month content droughts, where i get to run around doing pretty much anything i want.

i will say thats one thing i dont really like about ff14. gear just doesnt feel impactful at all. even going from a full set of 385 whites to a full set of 450 hq crafted gear with melds.... the difference is pretty underwhelming. the fact that they love to sync you down in dungeons from the current expansion doesnt help the situation either.

ff14 is still a fun game and has most of my focus currently, but it still isnt without its faults. neither is wow. nobody will ever be completely satisfied with either. why not play both?

Well technically, FFXIV version 1.0 DID fail...horribly.

- - - Updated - - -

I already have a game I enjoy, I just think it would be healthy for future or new players to see a different opinion on the game. I'm always up for actual discussion that is not started with hyperboles like "FFXIV is perfect, Yoshi-P is genius, WoW is the worst game ever".
    Your "different" opinion is mostly meaningless though because it's always boiled down too "nuh uh, this sucks because I don't like it and I don't find it fun" you don't provide constructive criticism, you don't say how things could improve and you don't ever speak about the parts you enjoy. All you do is shit on the game.

Honestly...why are you here, posting about a game you don't like instead of spending more time playing or posting about the games you like?

You remind me of that horrible ACKCHUWALY meme.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Your "different" opinion is mostly meaningless though because it's always boiled down too "nuh uh, this sucks because I don't like it and I don't find it fun" you don't provide constructive criticism, you don't say how things could improve and you don't ever speak about the parts you enjoy. All you do is shit on the game.

Honestly...why are you here, posting about a game you don't like instead of spending more time playing or posting about the games you like?

You remind me of that horrible ACKCHUWALY meme.
    I've posted numerous times about what aspects of the game I'd like to see improved and how exactly they could be changed, including posts in this very thread. I don't talk about things I like because they are irrelevant to actual discussion. I don't think there's any value in starting every post with "Hey guys, I like story, characters and the way gear looks BUT...".

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Because I want to have a discussion. Why do you oppose discussion on forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

I've posted numerous times about what aspects of the game I'd like to see improved and how exactly they could be changed, including posts in this very thread. I don't talk about things I like because they are irrelevant to actual discussion. I don't think there's any value in starting every post with "Hey guys, I like story, characters and the way gear looks BUT...".
    Fair enough, if you've done those things I retract that statement, as i said, I haven't read every one of your posts. They do seem to be overwhelmingly negative though.

Things you like are not irrelevant to the discussion, that makes it sound you just don't want to talk about them. Why would you focus on ONLY the negative things? The fact that you admitted to only focusing on the negative aspects and things you don't like really only highlight the idea that you seriously just hate the game.

Because I want to have a discussion. Why do you oppose discussion on forum?
    The posts I've seen in this thread so far is not a discussion, you're directly responding to someone talking about things they like and shitting on them.
    Last edited by Katchii; 2019-09-12 at 05:29 PM.

It actually did fail catastrophically with the initial release, but the re-release saved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    I remember being in a book store as a kid and seeing the newest gamer mag showing FF 3 for SF, thinking *what is so final about a game called final fantasy when it keeps getting sequals?*
    The most ironic of name choices in gaming history, but understandable at the time.

Its content so it counts, your "LFR" sneer notwithstanding. Tell me, what was the new content prior to WOW 8.2?

Nothing.

8.2 was 25 June 2019
    Battle for Dazar alor in January and 8.1.5 brought the mini Shrine raid. It's ok to just admit you're wrong as you quite clearly don't know what you're talking about given you failed to mention an entire 2 raids. BFA has issues without having to fabricate new ones.
    Last edited by leviathonlx; 2019-09-12 at 06:10 PM.

"FFXIV has no content if you ignore the content added"

Real good dude. You came out on top on that one.

But sure, i'll bite and say that LFR is just another difficulty of the same raid. Alliance raids are completely new raids. Oops, but if we ignore the whole new raid, it's like there is no raid! Love that logic! xD

I dunno, if it's a new raid and has new raid encounters with new mechanics... it doesn't count guys! It's like... their LFR!

LOL! I could make jokes about this all day!

Can we do that in WoW btw? Have the "main" raid be 2 difficulty only and an exclusive LFR raid in between? Cause i'd really like that. It's the same afterall! Gogo Blizz! What's wrong?! xD
    Not that it would fix the wow infinite hamster wheel problem, but it sure would keep things fresh.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-09-13 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    "FFXIV has no content if you ignore the content added"

Real good dude. You came out on top on that one.

But sure, i'll bite and say that LFR is just another difficulty of the same raid. Alliance raids are completely new raids. Oops, but if we ignore the whole new raid, it's like there is no raid! Love that logic! xD

I dunno, if it's a new raid and has new raid encounters with new mechanics... it doesn't count guys! It's like... their LFR!

LOL! I could make jokes about this all day!

Can we do that in WoW btw? Have the "main" raid be 2 difficulty only and an exclusive LFR raid in between? Cause i'd really like that. It's the same afterall! Gogo Blizz! What's wrong?! xD
    Not that it would fix the wow infinite hamster wheel problem, but it sure would keep things fresh.
    I never said Alliance Raids weren't content but in the end they aren't raid content equivalent to Savage or WoW's raids and so for actual raid groups in FF14 the only real raid content for them is when a new Savage tier gets added. Alliance raids are fun and all but are in no way actually difficult group content and more or less just larger dungeons. I guess the whole separate raid for a LFR thing could be neat but then again WoW's raids are considerably larger.
    Last edited by leviathonlx; 2019-09-14 at 01:13 AM.

I never said Alliance Raids weren't content but in the end they aren't raid content equivalent to Savage or WoW's raids and so for actual raid groups in FF14 the only real raid content for them is when a new Savage tier gets added. Alliance raids are fun and all but are in no way actually difficult group content and more or less just larger dungeons. I guess the whole separate raid for a LFR thing could be neat but then again WoW's raids are considerably larger.
    You know... one has to be really picky to limit himself to just doing the hardest raid. If you are that picky, you don't get to say that there is no content, sorry.
    Please, by all means feel free to go back to WoW and burn yourself out in the infite hamster wheel of AP, Azerite gear, Benthic gear and titanforge, if that is your thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    You know... one has to be really picky to limit himself to just doing the hardest raid. If you are that picky, you don't get to say that there is no content, sorry.
    Please, by all means feel free to go back to WoW and burn yourself out in the infite hamster wheel of AP, Azerite gear, Benthic gear and titanforge, if that is your thing.
    No one said anything about limiting themselves and you're just for some reason refusing to understand that for hardcore raiders their real raid content is savage and the Alliance Raids are not comparable but you keep trying to put words in my mouth by saying I said Alliance Raids aren't content. They are content but they are not organized group content comparable to WoWs mythic (or even heroic) and Savage which is what the conversation was about before you decided to jump in. No one did said anything about AP and the like either which you quite clearly have strong feelings about but is not at all relevant to this conversation.

This also may come as a shocker to you given today's toxic MMO tribalism but people can play both games so it's not like I'm 'going back' to anything. Anyway you quite clearly have a bone to pick with WoW and it's clear you are having a hard time comprehending what I'm saying so this is going to be the last time I'm going to repeat myself.
    Last edited by leviathonlx; 2019-09-14 at 07:51 PM.

No one said anything about limiting themselves and you're just for some reason refusing to understand that for hardcore raiders their real raid content is savage and the Alliance Raids are not comparable but you keep trying to put words in my mouth by saying I said Alliance Raids aren't content. They are content but they are not organized group content comparable to WoWs mythic (or even heroic) and Savage which is what the conversation was about before you decided to jump in. No one did said anything about AP and the like either which you quite clearly have strong feelings about but is not at all relevant to this conversation.

This also may come as a shocker to you given today's toxic MMO tribalism but people can play both games so it's not like I'm 'going back' to anything. Anyway you quite clearly have a bone to pick with WoW and it's clear you are having a hard time comprehending what I'm saying so this is going to be the last time I'm going to repeat myself.
    Sorry, i don't care about the 0.01% of players that think they are too cool for school.

You are saying raiders are only those that do that and it's obviously false. So, there's that. If i choose to only do the alliance raid cause i'm too cool for the hardcore raid then i only got content every 6 months. It is a self inflicted malady. If you play an mmo for just one thing, then you are doing it wrong.

I also played both btw, though atm i unsubbed to WoW. WoW is simply not good as a regular mmo atm and the content droughts are way severe for everyone wether they choose to ignore half the raiding content or not, but the story and questing is alright. I am sure to buy the next xpac and check it out, but i won't stand for people misrepresenting what FFXIV offers. It is by far a much better model i wish WoW imported. You are trying to make it sound like it's less when it's actually more for MOST players. I don't shed a tear for the guys that are too cool for what isn't the hardest content.
    Edit: Btw since watching the new patch announcement i even forgot that they add trial fights in patches as well. Those are also lair raid fights.

On another note, 10 man raiding is a highly requested WoW feature. 20 man mythic can go die in a fire. The game was too screwed up in population terms to sustain 20 man regular raids in many servers.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-09-15 at 12:29 PM.

The only thing i'm not loving is that it takes forever to unlock your first raid. :P