Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I have tried every major MMO that has released to Date and for me the major things that made Final Fantasy are the fact that it is available on Console I enjoyed it, but got sick of the combat maybe I picked the wrong class I got to level 32 I think then quit and have not touched since this was probably 5 years ago.

The only MMO to actually capture me for longer than a month or 2 after playing it that was not WOW was The Secret World everything about that game was amazing from the combat, the fact that you only need 1 character, the gear, the Theme was fantastic, the world was amazing and I loved playing a Fist/ Blood Healer. But alas they killed the game I loved and rereleased it with horse shit controls and I cannot play it now.

I'm genuinely happy for you finding a wow replacement. I am currently enthralled by Classic and head over heels in love with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    You introduced the aggressive hyperbole.
    I actually was told once that FFXIV endgame is taking screenshots and the guy wasn't even ironic about it.

As for the discussion itself, I may have used some strong words, but I was mostly angry at people copypasting everything there is in the game without even taking little effort to think how much actual playtime and actual gameplay it represents.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    Its been 3 days now
    Aren't you also the guy who hyped up Classic as the best the game has ever been, and then made a post saying you were wrong like 5 minutes after release? Are you a troll or just stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    I actually was told once that FFXIV endgame is taking screenshots and the guy wasn't even ironic about it.

As for the discussion itself, I may have used some strong words, but I was mostly angry at people copypasting everything there is in the game without even taking little effort to think how much actual playtime and actual gameplay it represents.
    Some peoples end game may actually be taking screenshots that they find cool, some peoples end game is Glamour. Personally I enjoy crafting and using the market board on top of raiding. There is a lot of things to do end game in both games, you just don't have to like ALL of it. I find wow's end game fun, but the excessively rng gearing and AP grind have killed it for me

Currently playing classic to remember how the game used to be good.

That's pretty fun, consindering my main MMO never had any lever or ilvl increases since launch. It's not my mindset, it's FFXIV design. The game is built around ever growing power of character, every tier gives 30-50% more DPS to trivialize anything prior to it.

I'm sorry, I'm a bit tired of splitting quotes. Don't care, rares and world bosses, expeditions, Isle of Giants, world quests (and don't call FATEs dynamic events, please), what's so different in going to dungeons with bots, there are no solo challenges in FFXIV (or are you talking about blue mage? I doubt there are people who still play it).

As a counter: where's mythic+ in FFXIV? Scenarios? Warfronts?

- - - Updated - - -

I already have a game I enjoy, I just think it would be healthy for future or new players to see a different opinion on the game. I'm always up for actual discussion that is not started with hyperboles like "FFXIV is perfect, Yoshi-P is genius, WoW is the worst game ever".
    1. There is an ending to it until the next tier. No infinite grinds.

2. Don't split quotes. You are wasting both mine and your time. I know what i wrote. Exactly. You don't care cause you only care about the hamster wheel. And to clarify cause some people can't tell the difference unless specifically pointed out. The WoW hamster wheel is infite. That is why it's a hamster wheel. A game that allows you to get the best gear and then gives you a time off is not a hamster wheel. The wheel comes to a stop.
    Mythic+ is unecessary. FF adds new dungeons across the expansion. Really? Scenarios and warfronts? There is no progression to them.

FFXIV is not perfect. There are a few things WoW does better, but what was pointed out here was that the endgame was somehow worse than WoW's, when it really isn't. It is probably the best end-game there is atm.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-09-11 at 08:37 PM.

It’s a great story mmorpg imo but the end game is poor. I don’t like the gameplay either really. I prefer the endgame of WoW but the leveling of FFXIV if that makes sense.

However the gearing progression has become such a disaster in WoW that I’m not sure I can say the end game is better at the moment. Raiding in WoW, pvp and m+ are all much better than what FFXIV has imo and I heavily dislike the slower paced gameplay in FFXIV but at the same time gearing in WoW is a big part of progression through the end game and it’s packed with convoluted RNG systems right now so I’m not really sure.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-09-11 at 08:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Aren't you also the guy who hyped up Classic as the best the game has ever been, and then made a post saying you were wrong like 5 minutes after release? Are you a troll or just stupid?
    So I went through your post history and you reek of insecurity and borderline personality disorder. You're black and white, intense on either side. You insult people relentlessly and call people dumb when they say something you dont agree with, even remotely.

Do you need a hug? Im not even being funny. Some people cant or wont admit it and im offering you myself as a friend.

Please be safe.

So I went through your post history and you reek of insecurity and borderline personality disorder. You're black and white, intense on either side. You insult people relentlessly and call people dumb when they say something you dont agree with, even remotely.

Do you need a hug? Im not even being funny. Some people cant or wont admit it and im offering you myself as a friend.

Please be safe.
    I reply to posts that interest me. Pretty weird that you'd go through my post history just to avoid answering a question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I reply to posts that interest me. Pretty weird that you'd go through my post history just to avoid answering a question.
    I cant stop reading. I have a minor in psychology so I found something that I read about in school. Something that Anakin Skywalker had... BPD. Your extremes are interesting.

Thank you.

5+ Year Old Account

Well there isn't really an endgame per se cause all the endgame stuff is optional and you can just pick whatever the fuck you want. Hunt for glamours? Fill in the sightseeing log? Raise the other jobs you have? Level professions? Get all the beast tribe reputations. Grind the big fates? Do the extreme trials? Do raids? Hunt for the perfect glamour? Train your racing chocobo? Mess around with any of the Gold Saucer minigames? Build a house? Do treasure hunts? Battlegrounds maybe? Level up your retainers or your squadrons? The Kugane jumping puzzle?

The game's not forcing you to do anything. The point is to enjoy yourself. There is a little something for everyone. Unless you like world pvp. PvP is very under developed.

If you like XIV but have never played another entry then holy shit look up 4 through ten and tactics and theres something that will grab you.

I cant stop reading. I have a minor in psychology so I found something that I read about in school. Something that Anakin Skywalker had... BPD. Your extremes are interesting.

Thank you.
    Resorting to insinuating that others have mental disabilities because you can't handle what they say. Very moral highgroundy of you.

Pointless and shitty gameplay.
    I can think of a dozen reasons, alchemy and armour craft amongst them where you are dead wrong. The alchemy one is heartrending and beautiful. You have no idea what you missed.

If anyone here has done the 1-50 alchemy arc, you know what I am referring to.

The reconstruction? Completing the arc started in Stormblood.

You helped save Doma, now you help rebuild.

FF 14 is story.

Run dungeons ad nauseam to have nothing to do on 17 jobs in endgame instead of just one. Yoo fucking hoo.
    Goetia and phantasmagoria gear is hella useful. Currency, remember?

Boring one-time shit for leveling.
    Levelling? There are major story arcs at max level for these, the one you get after you finish Heavensward is incredible. Haunting. Characters you met in your journeys are remembered in ways you wont believe.

I wont post spoilers ..one of those arcs takes you all over Eorzea and ends in a place you wont expect.

Spent ten minutes afterward just sitting there and remembering. What you do in FF 14 matters. What you do in FF 14 is remembered.

The Rising..one of the letters left me shattered, as I recall the EXACT SCENE it refers to...this story is not just told by you, but by those around you.

In that one moment I saw what i did through someone else's eyes..a perspective I did not expect to see or feel. The Rising is a chance for the devs and team to talk to US, the players..and what I read had me in tears.

FF 14 is a work of love and absolute dedication.

Did you know one of the main writers for Shadowbringers went to a convention, and received a standing ovation? She was totally amazed and humbled...to see all her work and dedication reflected in those she wrote it for, in that one moment, she knew she had touched our hearts.

What greater accolade is there when your fans roar?

https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/...shikawa-crying

Terrible UI, terrible system in general, time waste.
    Yeah lets discuss WOWs housing....oh wait.....

Time waste for marginal rewards.
    Marginal? Craft mats and gear, glams, faster riding skills, craft tools, weapons, cooking mats....yeah you're a WOW prisoner.

Lastly, you mention the Gold Saucer..had it EVER occurred to you that the idea of the place is not endgame, not progression, not raiding..but as a place to just kick back and HAVE FUN?

Some of the mah jongg players I have met border on the professional... FF14 IS NOT ABOUT ENDGAME, hadnt you worked that out yet? Its about enjoying yourself..a player I know was contacted by a GM ingame, when asked what he was up to, the player said just watching a beautiful sunset..so the GM logged in and sat beside him, chatting.

A GM decided that he too wanted to see the sunset..enjoy what one of their players was seeing. THEY CARE about their playerbase and they WANT to see their players having fun and enjoying what they made with such care. FF 14 does not have a focus on race to endgame, and I LOVE IT. I can slow down and do things at my own speed , in my own time, in my own way and not feel "punished for it".

Yesterday know what I did?

Crafted a set of glam gear, went out, farmed the mats myself (loads of fun, I got two treasure maps when mining and one fishing) and made the gear.

Took me all afternoon and I did what YoshP and the team want me to do

ENJOY THE WORLD THEY CREATED.

Sunset at Costa Del Sol.

Sunrise in the Sagoli Desert.

Flight in broad daylight at the Sea of Clouds, a glorious sun blazing down on a pure azure sky. A stunning, MAGNIFICENT vista astride a massive dragon.

You, my friend, cannot see what it is you are missing.
    Last edited by Aehl; 2019-09-11 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post

I play both as well, but i'm struggling here in understanding what you find a negative. I find delivering smaller raids than wow more often and without trash a good thing. WoW's 6 month tier are effin boring. Day one they are overwhelming with how many bosses you got to learn at once and it forced you to go through every earlier boss before you can progress on the later ones. So... i don't see the negative there, sorry.

I consider all raids btw. Not just the 8 or 24 man ones. Why would i seperate them? Raids are raids. WoW raids are in lfr too. Actually, again i'd much prefer lfr and serious raiding had it's own raids in wow, so again i'm failing to see the negative here. FF does it all better than WoW imo in the raiding department. I'm also quite surprised to see someone defend trash packs. Huge wastes of time.

I could tell you what WoW does better than FF though... but it certainly isn't the raid cadence model.
    i never said it was a negative. i said they dont release raids faster than wow. just because they spread 4 bosses into 4 raids doesnt mean that they released 4 wow size raids so suddenly its faster content. its basically marketing trickery that youve fallen for, and i was trying to point that out.

if you want to count all raids in ff14 and in wow.... you also have to consider the fact that wow has not just one or even two difficulties in a raid. wow has four raiding difficulties. lfr, normal, heroic, and mythic. do i agree with this model? no, not really. but it doesnt change the fact that there are four.

i get that you prefer smaller amount of content that comes at a faster pace, but that really just doesnt mean that raids are released more often as far as quantity is concerned. its the same amount, or very close to the same amount of content, released in much smaller batches over a period of time instead of a bunch at once. i personally prefer wows method as far as that goes.

again, not saying that ff14 is bad or that theres a negative as far as their releases go, just pointing out the fact that its essentially the same amount of content in the same amount of time, just released with different methods.

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    astly, you mention the Gold Saucer..had it EVER occurred to you that the idea of the place is not endgame, not progression, not raiding..but as a place to just kick back and HAVE FUN?
    Has it ever occured to you that I've tried everything it has and wouldn't mention it if I considered it fun? Even Chrono Trigger's Millenium Faire had more fun content, yeah, that place you visit for 10 minutes (I'm being generous here) in the beginning of the game.
    FF14 IS NOT ABOUT ENDGAME, hadnt you worked that out yet? Its about enjoying yourself
    Yeah, because in WoW you can't craft your own gear with mats you farmed yourself.

The more delusional blabbering like this I read (or lists of literally everything to do in game, including running dungeons and running dungeons with bots as two separate entries), the less serious I take the playerbase. Especially considering that I've already told several times that I don't play WoW and I don't enjoy gear grind, and that's exactly why I say that the same gear grind in FFXIV brings absolutely nothing to the game except dividing all the content into worth doing and not worth doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Yeah, because in WoW you can't craft your own gear with mats you farmed yourself.
    WOW crafting......BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have GOT to be joking...

Burn thousands of mats on RNG again and again and again to get the stats you want..versatility...MORE Versatility....FF 14 you make ONE and its the correct stats every single time.

WOW crafting is a sick joke.

GET REAL.

WOW crafting......BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have GOT to be joking...

Burn thousands of mats on RNG again and again and again to get the stats you want..versatility...MORE Versatility....FF 14 you make ONE and its the correct stats every single time.

WOW crafting is a sick joke.

GET REAL.
    To be fair that's not a problem in FF14 more since FF14 has boring ass gearing and stats. Skill/spell speed is about the most interesting stat you'll find in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    i never said it was a negative. i said they dont release raids faster than wow. just because they spread 4 bosses into 4 raids doesnt mean that they released 4 wow size raids so suddenly its faster content. its basically marketing trickery that youve fallen for, and i was trying to point that out.

if you want to count all raids in ff14 and in wow.... you also have to consider the fact that wow has not just one or even two difficulties in a raid. wow has four raiding difficulties. lfr, normal, heroic, and mythic. do i agree with this model? no, not really. but it doesnt change the fact that there are four.

i get that you prefer smaller amount of content that comes at a faster pace, but that really just doesnt mean that raids are released more often as far as quantity is concerned. its the same amount, or very close to the same amount of content, released in much smaller batches over a period of time instead of a bunch at once. i personally prefer wows method as far as that goes.

again, not saying that ff14 is bad or that theres a negative as far as their releases go, just pointing out the fact that its essentially the same amount of content in the same amount of time, just released with different methods.
    It's no trickery. I have advocated that for WoW long before i found out that is how FF does. It is a much better way to do raid content cadence for the reasons i already mentioned.
    Personally, i find the more difficulties, the worse it is. It cheapens the content and the achievement of clearing it. Again, something i long advocated that WoW needs to reduce.

The quantity at the end is comparable, but i do prefer this cadence method. I do think we are in agreement as far as quantity overall being comparable. Wich is why i interjected posts saying the end-game is somehow bad. That just isn't true.

I already have a game I enjoy, I just think it would be healthy for future or new players to see a different opinion on the game. I'm always up for actual discussion that is not started with hyperboles like "FFXIV is perfect, Yoshi-P is genius, WoW is the worst game ever".
    That's not what you're doing though, and you shouldn't even pretend you are. Ironically this quote is way more hyperbolic than anything I see people say about FFXIV.

I love FFXIV. I can still say what's bad about the game without coming off as a pessimistic downer who wants to shit on something other people enjoy. I could make a laundry list of flaws the game has, ranging from UI flaws and poor game physics to a really bland (IMO) design of melee DPS that leads a lot of the current best classes feeling like a boring chore to play.

I can still say the game, while flawed, is solid overall and there's a lot to enjoy. And I could do the same for WoW despite not liking the current game at all. You don't come off as someone wanting to show a different perspective, you come off like FFXIV is your spurned girlfriend and it gives me secondhand embarrassment for you.

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    To be fair that's not a problem in FF14 more since FF14 has boring ass gearing and stats. Skill/spell speed is about the most interesting stat you'll find in the game.
    To restate the obvious.

In FF 14 I dont have to collect and farm 10000000 mats and burn them all to get ONE item with the correct stats...or burn them all and STILL get the wrong stats.

WOW crafting is an exercise in idiocy.

just pointing out the fact that its essentially the same amount of content in the same amount of time, just released with different methods.
    If you call a ten month content drought " different methods".